• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop feeding Turok.

He's spouting inane shit again.

Alonso is crap, according to him lololololol

I hope Alonso improves from last season. He seemed almost distracted, unfocussed, letting games pass him by. I like watching him control the pace and flow of the game, not just moving the ball on as efficiently and quickly as possible.

Turok_TTZ

I think Benzema has the potential to be an amazing striker, like he showed two seasons back. But one season out of what..three? Not good enough.

First season: he had a back injury that he never really recovered from and pellegrini didn't help him. bad season

Second season: he finally recovered from his back injury but was admittedly lost before Mourinho restored Benzema and went to have a good season.

Third season Benzema, being fully restored, went to have his best season for madrid, proved himself to be our #1 cf and earned his spot.

Last season, Higuain cried foul despite having lost to Benz, Mou proceeded to backstab Benz, this particular season was one of controversy and strange, Benz had an average season.

he actually had 2 good seasons and the last one being slightly above average.

2010-11 - 48 apps 26 goals 7 assists.
2011-12 - 50 apps 32 goals 15 assists.
2012-13 - 48 apps 20 goals 20 assists.

Now if Benzema had a repeat of his first season, then I would ask for a new cf. but right now? He has my confidence for the time being.

Suarez actually lost at court. But the Ajax decided to up their offer anyway and it was accepted.

Christ. We could have a Tevez situation on our hands if we drag this out. People overlook the fact that putting in a lot of effort on the pitch does not always translate to class away from it.

Fuck it, get rid, move on.

we play Levante today, hopefully we get more Markovic magic.

this kid gonna be huge in a couple of years, 19 and he's already a master. remember the face, United/Madrid will buy him for 40 mil € one day:

markovic3dr.jpg

Turok_TTZ

I hadn't realized Morata was that tall.

Morata as starting striker pls. Fuck Benzema and his retarded hair.

Morata is 6'2-3 you plastic fan how did you not know of his height?

edit: apparently 1.90m but needs to be 1.905m to be consider 6'3. close enough???

Clegg

I don't normally agree with this guy or most of the op-ed's on Goal, but this is a really good piece on the winners and losers of the transfer window so far. Perhaps minus the omission of Juve:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...he-summer-transfer-window-so-far?ICID=HP_HN_2

The Premier League has taken a big blow, which is great to watch.

Rubbish article.

Saying City are one of the losers of the transfer window is pretty ridiculous.

This bit is especially embarrassing:

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m
1) Balotelli was rubbish in his second season for City. Couldn't score and was acting a like a petulant baby. If Jovetic can stay fit then City have upgraded on Mario.

2) Tevez held the club to ransom and refused to play for 6 months. He was a disruptive influence and City were right to get rid. They got a good price for him too.

3) They removed two negative influences and got rid of their obscene wages.

City may not have got their main targets but you certainly can't call them losers in this transfer window.

Salvadora

Christ. We could have a Tevez situation on our hands if we drag this out. People overlook the fact that putting in a lot of effort on the pitch does not always translate to class away from it.

Fuck it, get rid, move on.

Yeah.

No doubt he could get some inspiration from his fellow South American and up sticks. Take the £40m + £1.

Arnie

It spells out why we won't sell to Arsenal, because it undermines everything we've done in the last year, with them being the single truly vulnerable club in the top four. And with us not obliged to do anything, we're actually in a comfortable position.

And you can't plan to replace Suarez because just prior to the season ending he was talking of his desire to stay. His agent's an inept moron, too, who's handled the entire situation terribly. It's already clear that his understanding of Suarez's contract isn't up to scratch, and Arsenal may very well look stupid as a result.

Wilburhouse, if you're reading this, I'm imminently about to buy chicken.

Turok_TTZ

Stop feeding Turok.

He's spouting inane shit again.

Alonso is crap, according to him lololololol

Observe every match where our midfield fails. observe alonso. also I did not say he is crap, he is just becoming more a liability.
this is also a good test to see who watches madrid's matches or not trololololololol.

Rubbish article.

1) Balotelli was rubbish in his second season for City. Couldn't score and was acting a like a petulant baby. If Jovetic can stay fit then City have upgraded on Mario.

2) Tevez held the club to ransom and refused to play for 6 months. He was a disruptive influence and City were right to get rid. They got a good price for him too.

City may not have got their main targets but you certainly can't call them losers in this transfer window.

I disagree.

City is a club that should be challenging at the very top of European football at this point, with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid.

Yet their signings this summer don't pass muster in that context. Jovetic has potential but he is still an unknown quantity and there is no way I would agree he has the potential of Balotelli. The way they sold Mario was just strange, might I add.

And no matter how petulant Tevez can be, he is a better player than Negredo. They have lost out to the likes of PSG and Monaco for Cavani and Falcao respectively.

£40m in four installments over four years and £10m in add-ons dependant on good behaviour. You've got yourself a deal, mister.

So £40m then :p

Suarez won't change, he'll be a cunt til the day he retires lol

Is Torres to Chelsea still the highest transfer fee payed by an English club? Would be weird to match that, and would feel like a big step to 'selling club' status. Spurs have done well to rid themselves of that

dc89

Rubbish article.

And that's why I don't read Goal. They forget we've also re-signed some of our best players too, maybe not this transfer window but we got Silva and Aguero to resign until 2017. Silva was September and Aguero in May. So I'd say on the whole... we're doing quite nicely really. Our best players can't be cherry picked away.

Clegg

I disagree.

City is a club that should be challenging at the very top of European football at this point, with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid.

Yet their signings this summer don't pass muster in that context. Jovetic has potential but he is still and unknown quantity and there is no way I would agree he has the potential of Balotelli. The way they sold Mario was just strange, might I add.

And no matter how petulant Tevez can be, he is a better player than Negredo. They have lost out to the likes of PSG and Monaco for Cavani and Falcao respectively.

City have never once looked like being able to challenge the European elite. The players underperformed and the manager was out of his depth.

Balotelli really never was anything more than hype in a City jersey. He sporadically showed touches of class but frequently let his side down. It wouldn't take much to improve on him.

I actually agree with you on Tevez but he had to go. Replacing him with Negredo isn't a bad move.

And that's why I don't read Goal. They forget we've also re-signed some of our best players too, maybe not this transfer window but we got Silva and Aguero to resign until 2017. Silva was September and Aguero in May. So I'd say on the whole... we're doing quite nicely really. Our best players can't be cherry picked away.

Silva's dip in form last season should be a cause of concern. He doesn't look the same player that was the best in the league a couple years back.

dc89

Silva's dip in form last season should be a cause of concern. He doesn't look the same player that was the best in the league a couple years back.

He has this problem on his left ankle that he carries, he's had it for ages. I guess a title winning season, winning the Euro's and then going into another season is hard.

I guess that's why Pellegrini gave him extended holiday this season following the confeds. Hopefully, he is firing on all cylinders. Pellegrini has said some of the players who haven't played yet will be introduced tomorrow.

So Aguero, Silva, Navas and Jojo.

Arnie

Those Bale quotes are fucking hilarious.

"Please, you said I could go, I ONLY WANT TO PLAY FOR REAL MADRID."

Marca's run by inebriated swans.

LegoArmo

City's mercenaries gave up under Mancini after they achieved their "goal". Completely forgetting there's more to football than beating Manchester United.

New manager could be a huge help.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope Alonso improves from last season. He seemed almost distracted, unfocussed, letting games pass him by. I like watching him control the pace and flow of the game, not just moving the ball on as efficiently and quickly as possible.

Bet you and kharma are mentally scarred by Welbeck rendering Alonso pointless over 180 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom