• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 1m
Remarkable, via @Fernando_Duarte - doctor says he's helping two Brazilian national team players to dope

Neymar and Dani Alves

Messi is like the Lance Armstrong of football. If you wanna be in my team, pop these pills and STFU.

I wonder if a Spanish judge will order this doctor destroyed.

Zaf Iqbal is a cool dude. He has a pretty awesome leather jacket.

I saw him at a family event recently, he brought a signed Liverpool shirt for the kid whose party it was.

Lucky kid.

Does Adriano play for Selecao though?

Gonna call the Brazil NT Selecao from now.

Arsenal should be bidding £40m for Zaf if anyone :p

Zaf Iqbal is a cool dude. He has a pretty awesome leather jacket.

I saw him at a family event recently, he brought a signed Liverpool shirt for the kid whose party it was.

Lucky kid.

Does Adriano play for Selecao though?

Gonna call the Brazil NT Selecao from now.

Scratch that. It's not the Barca players. It's those Bayern fucks. Dante and Gustavo.

Arsenal should be bidding £40m for Zaf if anyone :p

The guy Rodgers brought with him from Swansea is responsible for alot of the good work of the LFC medical staff aswell as Zaf Iqbal iirc.

I posted an article about it a while back, can't remember his name, but it was a pretty in depth article explaining his methods. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Rob Swires needs to pull his finger out.

Scratch that. It's not the Barca players. It's those Bayern fucks. Dante and Gustavo.

:O

PEP.

Feorax

There's some talk going about regarding Suarez being ready to call the league to step in.

Could get interesting.

I've also seen rumours that Arsenal are about to put in a bid for £50 million.

Obviously that 48 hour deadline seems to have worked. Oh well.

He's your problem now,
He's your problem nooooooow,
Luis Suarez,
He's your problem now!

Arnie

McLaughlin is going to be world class. Arnie's foetus sense is tingling.
My foetus sense is never wrong.

McLaughlin is nailed on. He's a right sided Leighton Baines. Masses of technique and drive.
What's gonna happen to the KoloKoloKoloKoloToureYayaYayaYayaYayaYayaYayaToure song?
Liverpool versus City it's happening.
There's some talk going about regarding Suarez being ready to call the league to step in.

Could get interesting.
Alright, Clegg.

Turok_TTZ

Verratti is probably trying to get a bigger contract but if not... Flo knows Verratti was a player Carlo wanted to bring here.

Meanwhile, sorry peeps. it seems Madrid's summer transfer is not over just yet. Kondogbia is signing for madrid but to stay on loan to sevilla.

Meier

58455.jpg

de Rossi's beard is just absolutely the best thing ever in this picture. Supposedly Fiorentina want him.

Turok_TTZ

the worst part of sahin leaving madrid for good was that he actually played to expectations when he played midfield. Why didn't you sacrifice alonso or khedira for sahin mou? Biggest mistake mourinho ever made for madrid was his handling of sahin.

If Klopp manages to restore sahin to his true self.... Dortmund would have a midfield that not even bayern could match. he's that good.

1. Sell Suarez for £50 million.

2. Spend said £50 million on Bernard and Lamela

3. ????

4. Profit!

Is Bernard a pipe dream or not. yesterday it was reported that hed moved to Porto, today there was something about him still being available.

If he's available, I think we should handle things like this

a) Offer same offer for Soldado as Spurs
b) Promise Valencia a couple of extra million, and Soldado higher wages for the delay and downgrade
c) Sell Suarez
d) Get Soldado wrapped up
e) FSG add whatever funds are needed for Bernard
f) Win the title by February

Feorax

Is Bernard a pipe dream or not. yesterday it was reported that hed moved to Porto, today there was something about him still being available.

b) Promise Valencia a couple of extra million, and Soldado higher wages for the delay and downgrade
c) Sell Suarez

I think he's still mulling over offers, although Porto is his most likely destination. That said, it depends who's offering him what wages, and whether he'd be guaranteed a place in the starting XI.

I imagine we'll know soon.

Showaddy

c) Sell Suarez

g) Wake up.
h) Go back to sleep :)

Clegg

the worst part of sahin leaving madrid for good was that he actually played to expectations when he played midfield. Why didn't you sacrifice alonso or khedira for sahin mou? Biggest mistake mourinho ever made for madrid was his handling of sahin.

If Klopp manages to restore sahin to his true self.... Dortmund would have a midfield that not even bayern could match. he's that good.

You're going a bit ott here.

Sahin is a good midfielder when he's in form and I rate Gundogan and Bender quite highly. But Martinez and Schweinsteiger are the best midfield pairing in the world right now. They bossed the legendary Barca trio and handled Dortmund's midfield quite well in the CL final. Then you have to factor in Thiago and Toni Kroos as well as Luis Gustavo, a very technically competent defensive midfielder.

Tbh Munich look to have the best starting midfield and the best back up midfield in world football.

Arnie

That's simple.

Sahin can't play without a bit of muscle alongside him. He's defensively poop, and softer than Januzaj, so you couldn't just stick him and Alonso in the same side. Alonso is the better playmaker, too. It makes no sense to drop Alonso for Sahin, it might now, or in another year, but not back when Sahin joined.

The real issue, and something that will once again happen at Madrid, is buying players that aren't needed, or who don't fit into an exact plan. Look at Modric, he was a superlative player at Spurs, he's lacking confidence and consistency at Real. I worry for his future, especially with Illaramendi coming in.

And it's partly Sahin's fault, too. The team was built around him at Dortmund, he didn't realise what he had until it was gone.

g) Wake up.
h) Go back to sleep :)

This dream cannot be crushed by such irrelevancies as the real, the imaginary and brain-states.

It'll be real to me, dammit!

What will actually happen:

a) We'll sell Suarez to Arsenal for £45m
b) Soldado will move to Spurs
c) Bernard will move to Porto
d) Papadopolous will break his back in 7 places when putting the cap back on the pen he's signed his 12 year, £60m contract with
e) Defoleu will score 30 league goals as Everton finish second
f) Welbeck will score 40 as Man Utd win the league
g) Sturridge will miss 5 open goals a game as we battle season long to beat Derby's 07/08 record.

GorillaJu

You're going a bit ott here.

Sahin is a good midfielder when he's in form and I rate Gundogan and Bender quite highly. But Martinez and Schweinsteiger are the best midfield pairing in the world right now. They bossed the legandary Barca trio and handled Dortmund's midfield quite well in the CL final. Then you have to factor in Thiago and Toni Kroos as well as Luis Gustavo, a very technically competent defensive midfielder.

Tbh Munich look to have the best starting midfield and the best back up midfield in world football.

On current form, yes definitely. Things change remarkably quickly, however. I still think Barça has the best midfield with Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta, but obviously the quality there is slowly diminishing as Xavi ages.

justjohn

Whats going on with this bale thing? This morning it was reported he was about to sign a new contract now its being reported he wants to move to madrid.

Clegg

Bayern have absolutely gotten things right in regards to transfers this summer. They've added quality players to an already exellent midfield and attacking line-up.

They've gone out of their way to strengthen their squad even though thay have one of the best in Europe. I can admire that.

pulga

Banned
Dat Tata backpedalling

Now he's saying Messi didn't have anything to do with his hiring lololololololololololol

Barca are hilarious

Showaddy

This dream cannot be crushed by such irrelevancies as the real, the imaginary and brain-states.

It'll be real to me, dammit!

What will actually happen:

a) We'll sell Suarez to Arsenal for £45m
b) Soldado will move to Spurs
c) Bernard will move to Porto
d) Papadopolous will break his back in 7 places when putting the cap back on the pen he's signed his 12 year, £60m contract with
e) Defoleu will score 30 league goals as Everton finish second
f) Welbeck will score 40 as Man Utd win the league
g) Sturridge will miss 5 open goals a game as we battle season long to beat Derby's 07/08 record.

It's point a) that get's me if I'm honest. Arsenal's transfer record is around 13-14 million and suddenly then can throw £40 odd million at Liverpool for someone who wants to leave England?

The rest is fairly believable by contrast :)

Bayern is ridiculous, I think they are on another level than any other club. We are totally going to draw them in the first knockout right in the CL, it is known.

If we qualify.

Arnie

Whats going on with this bale thing? This morning it was reported he was about to sign a new contract now its being reported he wants to move to madrid.

Can't the two stories be split by the press reporting them, though?

English media say Bale's close to agreeing a new contract (quoting AVB), Spanish press are saying Bale's on his way to Real.

I'd be more inclined to believe the former.

Can't the two stories be split by the press reporting them, though?

English media say Bale's close to agreeing a new contract (quoting AVB), Spanish press are saying Bale's on his way to Real.

I'd be more inclined to believe the former.

Marca is full of shit. Bale's staying in London, bank on it.

LTWheels

If Arsenal are willing to pay £50m, then we should raise the goalposts to £55m.

If they are willing to reach £55m, raise it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom