• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

The night Henry came back and scored the winner against Leeds was pure magic

one of the most heartwarming moments in recent football history

henry was so fucking class. not just amazing goalscorer but everything he did had so much style. his beautifully placed finishes from the left channel, those crazy passes he'd play with the outside of his boot that would seem pointless till lauren popped up in acres of space, his quick turns then shot. even when arsenal were the enemy i couldn't hate, he was too cool.

No it's science

I was moved by this story so I am donating $340 for science

nV7uHyD.png

Wilbur

Banned
Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear is targeting a return to Champions League football for the north east club.

Kinnear, who was brought in at St James' Park last month by owner Mike Ashley, believes a realistic long-term ambition for Alan Pardew's side is qualifying for Europe's elite club competition, despite the Magpies narrowly avoiding relegation last season.

'I have worked at the club before and I know what Newcastle means to the fans,' Kinnear told the Sunday Mirror. 'Last season was a disappointing one but the simple truth was that the squad just wasn't strong enough.

'The Europa League also took its toll because of injuries and that was felt in the league. My job is simple - to bring in quality players who will give the manager more options.

'What I see in the long term is help to put together a squad to get this club back into the Champions League.'

when the fuck is Pardew getting sacked

Showaddy

Kinnear was brought in by Ashley to piss off Pardew so much he'd quit so they won't have to pay off his 8 year contract right?

I cannot for the life of me think of any other reason why'd you'd want Kinnear near your club otherwise.

bud

One for the Arsenal fans - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko5jBnTn9hU

What a player. Still the best striker the league has seen I think. Shearer, Drogba and RVN come close but... Henry is king.

#4 is a run that walcott could make, but he'd end up shooting it in the second row.

the very first goal in that video is not even that impressive, but he has such composure and balance on the ball, he is balanced--and that's something that someone like giroud doesn't have at al. regardless of whether that would've gone in or not, so many players look like they're in panic mode once they're one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

not even rvp has such composure in front of goal.

K1LLER7

Mikael Silvestre ‏@IamMSilvestre 18m
Is @WayneRooney not for sale as much as @cesc4official isn't ?

#everybodyhasapricetag.

#MUFC #Barca

Silvestre knows something. A proper ITK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom