• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

It's frustrating as fuck reading these idiots on ESPN and other sites who don't understand the economics of the Bale transfer and how that doesn't just mean Spurs can go out and buy 5 guys and be okay. None of them understand the importance of player salaries and the fact that has a larger impact than anything.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright that. Zaha was top, Januzaj had a lovely half, Anderson Clev and Fabio all played well for the most part too. Fuck Young, Buttner is a calamity, Amos is meh.

spidye

BQVW0BHCQAIPcwb.jpg:large

:LOL so fake.

JPG????

what is this? 1999?

get with the times, Bale

sohois

It's frustrating as fuck reading these idiots on ESPN and other sites who don't understand the economics of the Bale transfer and how that doesn't just mean Spurs can go out and buy 5 guys and be okay. None of them understand the importance of player salaries and the fact that has a larger impact than anything.

You don't even have to understand club finances to realise why such a statement is foolish, just a simple understanding of football would be enough - Tottenham already have a full squad and can't just shove 5 players in there regardless of their wage budget.

Meier

You don't even have to understand club finances to realise why such a statement is foolish, just a simple understanding of football would be enough - Tottenham already have a full squad and can't just shove 5 players in there regardless of their wage budget.

No kidding. Honestly, I think if they did sell Bale then their best bet would be to throw the kitchen sink at Roma for Erik Lamela. I think he could replace him adequately.

Turok_TTZ

a moment of silence for chucho benitez for me...
as an americanista, breaks my heart to see one of our own passing away too soon. I am overwhelmed by anguish and sorrow by his death.
Stay strong chucho's friends and family.
RIP Benitez.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kermit: Salaries are irrelevant

GorillaJu

Just saw Pepe's letter to the fans. Not really surprising to see that he wasn't part of the decision at all. Maybe if he has a good year Barça will put in an offer. Hope he enjoys it at Napoli.

Timurid

No kidding. Honestly, I think if they did sell Bale then their best bet would be to throw the kitchen sink at Roma for Erik Lamela. I think he could replace him adequately.
I was thinking about Lamela too. :lol They can also make a move for that Draxler kid too. Another is to buy some promising youth and put them in their youth teams.

Slizz

The specific writers for team blogs on ESPNFC are terrible and incredibly biased. It's so ridiculous.

Wilbur

Banned
Rest in peace Benitez.

Ugh the fucking BBC are getting at it now. Headline story is Bale 'wants to speak to Real Madrid'

Read the article, not one quote from anyone or anything of substance.

Meier

Kermit: Salaries are irrelevant

:lol Well, in his defense.. they weren't for City when he was posting here. For Spurs though, if they sign 4 guys at £80k a week, they're committing a minimum of £83m for their salaries alone over a 4 year period (and more than likely, most if not all would be on a 5 year deal). If they sell Bale, I bet they'd reinvest half of it and keep the other half to pay the players' wages.

Bale is probably on something like £90k a week now. Even if they sign like for like, their wage bill goes up incrementally for each player. If he was getting paid £250k a week, then yeah you could easily replace him with 3 or 4 guys, but at his relatively low salary, it isn't an easy proposition.

dc89

have you been killed by the guys in the gimp suits yet? I can't beat any of them :(

Haha, I'm currently leveling up on them now. I started fighting them at level 4. They are tough, try and peel them off one at a time. You will struggle taking 2/3 of them on at once until like level 6.

I also went and bought some new gear.

Shagwell

Rest in peace Benitez.

Ugh the fucking BBC are getting at it now. Headline story is Bale 'wants to speak to Real Madrid'

Read the article, not one quote from anyone or anything of substance.

I can't believe he's died. Can't remember which FM it was but I used to sign him for every team I managed on one version. Always so strange when a footballer dies...

RIP

Jack cw

Boateng and Dante have proven themselves last year and were definately among the best. There is nothing else to say. David Luiz would be wasted here. A stacked midfield is enough...

Wilbur

Banned
Just got my resit results back. The exam I walked out of last time, I passed. Dunno what I got because its capped at 40% haha, so I got... 40%! HUZZAHHH

And then the essay I got 25% on last time, I just resat the exact same question and got 65%. Boom.

Just got to do the exam next year now and its all good.

dc89

Hey dc, our boy Rekik started for PSV yesterday in a friendly versus Fener and had a monster performance. Someone put together one of those videos for every play he was involved in... can't wait to get this guy back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wvsmO5ijYds

WOW. He looked composed and totally in control of most situations. Next season... he could displace Kolarov and compete with Clichy for that LB spot.

I guess that's why we've not sold Kolarov this summer, because Rekik is out on loan.

Boateng and Dante have proven themselves last year and were definately among the best. There is nothing else to say. David Luiz would be wasted here. A stacked midfield is enough...

Stacked midfield, stop kidding yourself. Martinez will be your first choice CB, Götze and Robben start a competition who can be injured for a longer time, Ribery will be banned for acting like a cunt and Gustavo will be sold because of Thiago.

spidye

Stacked midfield, stop kidding yourself. Martinez will be your first choice CB, Götze and Robben start a competition who can be injured for a longer time, Ribery will be banned for acting like a cunt and Gustavo will be sold because of Thiago.

no problem. there's always room for one or two other midfielders.
how's gündogan's contract extension going? :p

Meier

WOW. He looked composed and totally in control of most situations. Next season... he could displace Kolarov and compete with Clichy for that LB spot.

I guess that's why we've not sold Kolarov this summer, because Rekik is out on loan.

Yeah, the first back pass was a little weak but after that he looked great! Even was making a few runs past midfield which his coach may or may not have been happy about. :lol An 18 year old kid just completely bossing a game like that is pretty damn impressive. He just might have the pace to play LB for us.

Ingeniero

Just got my resit results back. The exam I walked out of last time, I passed. Dunno what I got because its capped at 40% haha, so I got... 40%! HUZZAHHH

And then the essay I got 25% on last time, I just resat the exact same question and got 65%. Boom.

What about HIV exam
I kid, kid

dc89

Yeah, the first back pass was a little weak but after that he looked great! Even was making a few runs past midfield which his coach may or may not have been happy about. :lol An 18 year old kid just completely bossing a game like that is pretty damn impressive. He just might have the pace to play LB for us.

Yeah, I think he can make the step up. We have to start showing faith in the likes of him and Suarez, if we don't there are teams who will. Juventus and Pogba come to mind.

---

So I put my GAF name and PSN ID in my WiiU bio thingy, it's took down by Nintendo. "Your profile display has been restricted because it contains information related to an outside service."

Well fuck me.

Meier

I hope if we do sell Suarez, that we give Barca a taste of their own medicine and include a buyback clause, a 50% sell-on clause, etc.

D_prOdigy

So I put my GAF name and PSN ID in my WiiU bio thingy, it's took down by Nintendo. "Your profile display has been restricted because it contains information related to an outside service."

Well fuck me.

I have seen people get round this. Guess you have to word it carefully.

operon

brillant stuff, just don't celebrate by getting drunk and pming us all pics of your junk

no problem. there's always room for one or two other midfielders.
how's gündogan's contract extension going? :p

Gündogan laughed at news that it's taking so long. They only met once last week and meet again this week.

So I can't really say it's going bad. I think he'll sign a new one, it's the kind of situation everyone expects him to leave but he'll surprise everyone.

Meier

Are you invoking the royal "we" here or what's the deal with above?

Denis Suarez, Man City youngster. Barca are apparently interested in buying him for £4m.

Might have been posted, but apparently Newcastle are giving up on Gomis. Their latest bid of £7m was rejected.

spidye

Gündogan laughed at news that it's taking so long. They only met once last week and meet again this week.

So I can't really say it's going bad. I think he'll sign a new one, it's the kind of situation everyone expects him to leave but he'll surprise everyone.

by a suprise move to bayern with lewa?
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom