• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Is madrid waiting to buy Falcao in january or something? What's up with them being more preoccupied in spending 100 mill on another winger, instead of buying a striker?

We do not need a striker. Why do peeps keep thinking we need a striker? Bored the transfer market is not setting things on fire? We are fine as it is.

Hell we don't even need a new winger or Bale for that matter. The only reason I can conjure up as to why we are trying so hard for bale is because We aren't sure whether CR7 will continue with us beyond the upcoming season.

Meier

Another front for Abu Dhabi to launder their reputation.

:lol I actually don't disagree with that part of the statement that article made. Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid, etc. are all designed to help make the UAE and its brands look better. All of the community work Man City does in England and abroad (the 4 pitches they've built in the US) is definitely done with a certain amount of ulterior motives. All community service by corporations is.

In reality, Orlando City is owned primarily by a Brazilian businessman who is good friends with Kaka. He'll be one of our Designated Players in the 2015 season since he'll be available on a free then. :D

We do not need a striker. Why do peeps keep thinking we need a striker? Bored the transfer market is not setting things on fire? We are fine as it is.

Hell we don't even need a new winger or Bale for that matter. The only reason I can conjure up as to why we are trying so hard for bale is because We aren't sure whether CR7 will continue with us beyond the upcoming season.

Who do you have? Benzema and Morata? Son please.

Salvadora

For a bit, I agree. Skyler has been unlikeable the entire show though.. and she isn't insanely hot.

Mama Soprano was probably worse but she didn't live long enough to be eternally hated.
tumblr_mokv1wum5A1r9rylqo1_500.gif

"I don't know what you're talking about! ".

I don't know how I could have forgotten Livia.

Meier

Would be great if I could buy it. So far it is not on Direct TV starting to get worried....

Time Warner has the standard NBC Sports Network but it doesn't have the extra channel that I just found out about the other day. I think the article I read said there'd be at least 5 games a week across the regular channels? Maybe my memory is being optimistic about that.

rodvik

Time Warner has the standard NBC Sports Network but it doesn't have the extra channel that I just found out about the other day. I think the article I read said there'd be at least 5 games a week across the regular channels? Maybe my memory is being optimistic about that.

Pretty awful news for me. After years of being able to watch every game, I now get none :( I really hope they sort it, I dont want to have to be grubbing around for Villa streams every week.

Meier

Pretty awful news for me. After years of being able to watch every game, I now get none :( I really hope they sort it, I dont want to have to be grubbing around for Villa streams every week.

I think it'll get worked out. The EPL is a pretty big deal for sports fans now.. here is some info/fixtures: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...r-League-TV-schedule-and-how-MLS-fits-in.html

Looks like almost every weekend, there will be at least 1 game on NBC proper even. I think it's gonna work out great -- just going to be interesting to see how the legal/online streaming works. Hopefully at least some games will be free..

Turok_TTZ

Who do you have? Benzema and Morata? Son please.

Real Madrid is set in all areas save perhaps midfield and (dm or b2b mid). Morata is more than good enough and is a bright kid out of the academy and shined in the euro u21s. Benzema is one of the best forwards in the world and he is only 25 years old. Jese can play striker if need be and is also gifted, even more so than Morata.

And Carlo Ancelotti seems to agree:
Carlo Ancelotti earlier today when asked about players like Bale or Lewa said:
It is difficult to talk about Bale because he is not a Real Madrid player at present. I think the club is negotiating to try to find a solution and we will see what happens. I have never spoken to him. I do not usually talk to players who are not from my team and it would not be fair to do so. Lewandowski is a world-class goal-scorer. There are a lot of fantastic players in the world but right now we do not need one”.

Turok_TTZ

think cr7 will be gone next summer

It is one of Flo's concerns. and he has every right to be concerned, CR7 still hasn't signed an extension and we know he may someday want to go back to manutd. Whole point of signing bale is to ensure that if we do infact lose CR7 after this upcoming season is over, we already have his replacement.

Meier

Just noticed Mourinho is out of a job in my FM save. Left Madrid for United in 2015. Won the Community Shield, lost in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup, didn't get out of the group stage of the Champions League.. fired in December. 2 years later and still nothing. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Playing Ys: Oath in Felghana running at 60fps with v-sync on and rendered in high-res=fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. and that's on a relative shite PC.

After getting a taste of Nirvana I can't go back to console gaming ghetto. I'm gonna invest on a good gaming PC, I've seen the light.

leadbelly

Banned
Real Madrid is set in all areas save perhaps midfield and (dm or b2b mid). Morata is more than good enough and is a bright kid out of the academy and shined in the euro u21s. Benzema is one of the best forwards in the world and he is only 25 years old. Jese can play striker if need be and is also gifted, even more so than Morata.

And Carlo Ancelotti seems to agree:

It looks like signing Bale is one step closer for Madrid.

United were after Bale and Fabregas, but it looks like they are going to get neither. Bale seems all set to move to Madrid, I don't think he would even listen to a United offer even if they bid for him. Disappointing from the point of view of a United fan, but it might be a blessing in disguise. It gives up-and-coming players like Jesse Lingard and Wilfried Zaha a better chance to develop and push for a first team place. They could both turn out to be world-class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom