• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Yeah two more games for Juve.

16583_698500680177096_778853963_n.png

Timurid

Ha rube is so shitty. I can't wait when Immobile puts on a clinic against these fools.

Fuck, I hope that LA beat these cowards!

AC Milan finishing in this competition above Juve confirmed.

I like the format of this competition. Every team plays 3 game but who plays who is decided by the results of the previous rounds. The winners play the winners and the losers play the losers until the ultimate winner and the ultimate loser is decided.

bjaelke

"Is he [Bale] worth £100m? Who can tell? Who can tell what something is worth? Everything is worth what one club, one person, one company, is willing to pay. It's like buying a house," said Laudrup.

Some journalist here got the quote wrong and have cited Laudrup for saying: "It's like buying a horse"

KuGsj.gif

SHarris78

FINALLY, after what seems like an endless few weeks without competitive footy, the mighty Swans begin their Euro assault against Malmo tonight. Gonna be tough but I see no reason why we can't grab a goal or two, though keeping a clean sheet will be more important. Had a very good pre-season and am feeling very positive about the season ahead.

12 hours to go!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale is going isn't he :(

I'm sure AVB will buy a good player to replace him, but I'm still sad. I guess this is Levy's punishment for his sloppy transfer dealing last summer, if he'd done it properly we'd have finished 4th. He knows that now but it's a damn shame it's cost us our best player. We basically are selling Bale because we drew with Norwich.

If he does go then I wish him all the best personally but I wish the worst luck in the world on Real Madrid. They are a dangerous combination of zero class and a stupid president, the way they conduct themselves is a disgrace.

Carbonox

Dan Gosling's agent: "best box to box midfielder at Newcastle"

wot

'man of the match' against St Mirren

I could do that.

Disappointed his move to Crystal Palace collapsed but at least his agent is still searching for a new club for him. Fuck off you goose.

Ushojax

I don't know. But something changed in Bale ~10 days ago when this story suddenly exploded. Before we went to Hong Kong AVB said he wasn't for sale at any price. Then Madrid did something and that all changed. I think 2 weeks ago most people thought Bale would still be here this season.

I hope we try and get Lamela from Roma, he would be by first choice replacement.

No word from Bale, no word from AVB, no word from Levy.

Only speculaion of Madrid making a bid and they seem to have made around 15 different bids, £85m, £86m, £60m plus players, £86m plus Moratta.

Until something official comes from Spurs, i fail to believe anything is happening, im sure it will happen but i think Madrid are trying to low ball Levy and he will not like it. Hes got a price, hes got years left, lets see how it plays.

Nyx

FINALLY, after what seems like an endless few weeks without competitive footy, the mighty Swans begin their Euro assault against Malmo tonight. Gonna be tough but I see no reason why we can't grab a goal or two, though keeping a clean sheet will be more important. Had a very good pre-season and am feeling very positive about the season ahead.

12 hours to go!!

Laudrup just has to play Vorm, then all will be fine.

Ushojax

No word from Bale, no word from AVB, no word from Levy.

Only speculaion of Madrid making a bid and they seem to have made around 15 different bids, £85m, £86m, £60m plus players, £86m plus Moratta.

Until something official comes from Spurs, i fail to believe anything is happening, im sure it will happen but i think Madrid are trying to low ball Levy and he will not like it. Hes got a price, hes got years left, lets see how it plays.

The lack of comment from the club is exactly why I think it will happen.

Chelsea bid for Rooney ---> United quickly say he's not for sale.
Arsenal bid for Suarez ----> Liverpool quickly say he's not for sale.
Chelsea bid for Modric ----> Tottenham quickly say he's not for sale
Madrid bid for Bale ---> Tottenham say absolutely fuck all

pappe

I think if Spurs are able to get a good replacement and Soldado and offload Bale for 100mil then they are better off and still a better team than Arsenal and have more chances of reaching the top 4.

Holtby has the potential.

ElyrionX

I think if Spurs are able to get a good replacement and Soldado and offload Bale for 100mil then they are better off and still a better team than Arsenal and have more chances of reaching the top 4.

Holtby has the potential.

We said the same thing when we sold Ronaldo. Unfortunately players like that don't tend to have "good replacements"

The lack of comment from the club is exactly why I think it will happen.

Chelsea bid for Rooney ---> United quickly say he's not for sale.
Arsenal bid for Suarez ----> Liverpool quickly say he's not for sale.
Chelsea bid for Modric ----> Tottenham quickly say he's not for sale
Madrid bid for Bale ---> Tottenham say absolutely fuck all

On the other hand, the exposure the club and Bale are getting at the moment is through the roof, which would please both parties. As Madrid keep saying, they have a special relationship with us, I think they'll hold off until next summer.

What happens to Bale advertising Lucozade, BT Sport, Fifa? All three are because he is a Premier League player. Or all the other premier league advertisement he is doing. I just think there is a lot more to this story than simply if Madrid want him they can have him.

FootballFan

Pretty insane that this whole Bale thing comes from Neymar. If he had picked Madrid instead of Barca then Bale would be staying at Tottenham 100%.

Ushojax

What happens to Bale advertising Lucozade, BT Sport, Fifa? All three are because he is a Premier League player. Or all the other premier league advertisement he is doing. I just think there is a lot more to this story than simply if Madrid want him they can have him.

That stuff doesn't mean anything. None of that stops him moving to Madrid.

Into

Xavi dont think much of Bale:
"I don't know if Bale is worth what they say. I genuinely haven't seen him play for 90 minutes".

Burn

Most 'Madridistas' are somewhat amazed by the price Florentino appears willing to pay for the player.

So should everyone be

FootballFan

Xavi dont think much of Bale:

Burn

I don't really see it that way, Wooden said it earlier too. Some reporter probably asked Xavi "What are your thoughts on Bale? Do you believe he is worth the rumoured 140million euros?" And he replies with that.

Xavi is always honest, that's all.

That stuff doesn't mean anything. None of that stops him moving to Madrid.

I'm pretty sure it will provide complications and Bales side having to pay compensation. I mean he's the front of BT Sports launch with the Premier League, a pretty huge deal. Same with Fifa, when was the last time Fifa had a non PL player on it in the UK?

This is why I think this deal will take either a long time or end up being postponed until next season, a lot is going on other than just Madrid wanting a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom