• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
i8gOxkRAPA101.gif

<3

Valencia is in Ecuador. Seems the club agreed to give him leave so that he can attend the funeral of Benitez.

What better players do you speak of?
Well not necessarily better as Bale is top. Really what I mean to say was it bothered me watching and listening to pundetry and having the majority drooling over Bale whilst other top players were completely looked over and seemingly never had their contribution acknowledged. Particularly when it came to awards and such. So many brilliant players in the Permier League and he seemed to take all the attention despite not actually being the leagues above everybody else that many would have you believe.

Might go watch Only God Forgives on Friday.

I know it's gonna be shit, but it's Ryan Gosling punching stuff, so I lose a bit of perspective.
Watched it the other week. Cinematography and soundtrack was superb. Honestly can't think of a single bad scene when I refelct on it. Yet, despite that, I came away pretty underwhelmed. I love Drive and had high hopes. Basically, its individual parts were great. But as a whole, it was kind of just, okay.

At work we have every magazine you could ever dream of just available to browse.

Some girl was fucking drooling over the Bale feature today.

Regarding your irrational hatred I share the same thing for Johnny Evans. That guy needs bottling.
Johnny Evans is a chap who I have no opinion of.

I remember my brother giving him some extremely drunken banter in the VIP section of a Snow Patrol gig (free tickets because we know one of them. Just to clear up our being in attendance at such a concert). Shouting some keek about Chelsea and so on. Evans, as you can imagine, just looked at him at with the sort of indifferent passing smile that a millionaire would give to a drunken berk giving him grief. But at the time when we were shandied we thought it was great as if he'd really been razzed :lol.

So... you missed the point.
No, I know exactly what you're getting at. It's just that the biggest price to date and this alledged bid for Bale have nout to do with oil clubs and everything to do with Madrid being big spenders. I agree with the general sentiment of richer clubs inflatie prices. I just don't think it's to the level that you do. Oh well.

Edit:

Diving.
Trademarked a hand-gesture
Wants to be Ronaldo
How could I not think of these?! Very worthy mentions.

Turok_TTZ

If the worst happens Perez will personally pay off the debt :lol Wikipedia lists his personal worth at 1.9B. It would be so interesting to know more about the behind the scenes action that goes with the club.

Madrid presidents are not allowed to use their own finances to help the club under most circumstances. only exception is election year, in which there is a fee required to register your intention to be president. iirc the last fee was around 50 million euros. since elections happen once every 4 or so years (or when current holder either resign or forced out). not often can flo put his own cash in the club if he wanted to.

I believe Florentino ran unopposed this year and assuming he had to pay the fee again, he has invested at best 100 million of his own wealth into the club since 2009. that fee goes to either transfers, debts, infrastructures, etc.

Salvadora

Madrid presidents are not allowed to use their own finances to help the club under most circumstances. only exception is election year, in which there is a fee required to register your intention to be president. iirc the last fee was around 50 million euros. since elections happen once every 4 or so years (or when current holder either resign or forced out). not often can flo put his own cash in the club if he wanted to.

I believe Florentino ran unopposed this year and assuming he had to pay the fee again, he has invested at best 100 million of his own wealth into the club since 2009. that fee goes to either transfers, debts, infrastructures, etc.
Why on Earth do you have to pay 50m to register for the opportunity to run for president? Madrid is mental.

Surely that's damaging the club as you're left with mugs like Perez.

Barca are partners with EA now. Excelllllent. Now scan Tello.

Like I didn't have enough reasons to get PES over FIFA!

Innit.

The fact that Madrid are willing to spend that much money on a player that will do the same job that they already have a player doing, sacrifice defensive work on the right and when taken into account the deals they've made already this summer positionally and financially, proves how much of a fucking colossal group of idiots they are.

I gotta agree with you on that...

...but not on being worst that oil clubs.

Turok_TTZ

Why on Earth do you have to pay 50m to register for the opportunity to run for president? Madrid is mental.

Florentino Perez mind you, has led Madrid to great financial success. Though I have qualms with some of the things he does, how he handles our finances is top shelf and am very satisfied with him as president.

Requirement to run for madrid president btw is the fee AND already being a Socio. no exceptions.

panty

Cool, didn't know any of that. It's weird how they're not allowed to finance the team with their own money.

Perez is a pretty damn good businessman

Salvadora

Florentino Perez mind you, has led Madrid to great financial success. Though I have qualms with some of the things he does, how he handles our finances is top shelf and am very satisfied with him as president.

Requirement to run for madrid president btw is the fee AND already being a Socio. no exceptions.
Don't you have huge debt/ failed to win European cup for over a decade/ been curbstomped by Barcelona domestically for a number of years?

You don't have to "pay" 50m, you have to guarantee the 15% of the club's budget, no candidate has to pay 50m just tp have a chance, that's insane..... By the way that's exactly the same as any board of directors has to do every year in our league...

Turok_TTZ

You don't have to "pay" 50m, you have to guarantee the 15% of the club's budget, no candidate has to pay 50m just tp have a chance, that's insane..... By the way that's exactly the same as any board of directors has to do every year in our league...

just so you know, back in 2009 when flo returned to madrid, he payed exactly 53 million euros to register his intention. the other candidates at the time were disqualified because they failed to provide the minimum fee as flo had done. was quite publicized at the time because everyone was wary of flo's return due to his previous tenure.

@Salvadora, financially speaking he has done well, hell we make more money than any other team and that is all due to flo's business acumen. Our debt is being handled and is dropping in a steady secure rate. so not concerned.

Dazzler

Bale isn't going to bring in the commercial cash in the same way a Ronaldo or Messi would

He's simply not as well known... yet

It's far more of a risk spending this amount on Bale than Ronaldo

Absolutely crazy purchase

Showaddy

Wotcha, lads.
Ush, have you completed the Soldado deal yet?

Soldado's been left out of Valencia's US tour so yeah pretty much a done deal.

Apparently the payment plan that Daniel Levy has worked out with Valencia is &#8364;12 million now and then &#8364;6 million a year for 3 years...He knows his business does Levy.

Turok_TTZ

Bale isn't going to bring in the commercial cash in the same way a Ronaldo or Messi would

I agree. this is probably the one player flo made a mistake in going for.
I do not see Gareth bale paying off his fee like kaka, benz, and cr7 has.
he is a big player for sure but he is not THAT big. he isn't even anywhere near Nerman in terms of marketability.

Scum

Soldado's been left out of Valencia's US tour so yeah pretty much a done deal.

Apparently the payment plan that Daniel Levy has worked out with Valencia is €12 million now and then €6 million a year for 3 years...He knows his business does Levy.

I'm loving this FM style summer transfer muppetry that's going on. All we need is someone to do the '£0m up front, £30m over 48 months deal.'
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Meier

I'm loving this FM style summer transfer muppetry that's going on. All we need is someone to do the '£0m up front, £30m over 48 months deal.'
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Milan paid peanuts up front and are paying the remaining money over the course of 6 years or something for Balotelli. Hah.

Disagree. Bale is absolutely as big of a star as Ronaldo was when Ronaldo moved to Madrid.

Scum

Milan paid peanuts up front and are paying the remaining money over the course of 6 years or something for Balotelli. Hah.

Disagree. Bale is absolutely as big of a star as Ronaldo was when Ronaldo moved to Madrid.

Milan, huh? I would have expected Inter to do such a thing.

Showaddy

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Lol I was completely baffled at Daniel Levy of all people spending £25 million on a 28 year old. Now I know why, he's making sure his yearly books are balanced.

I can Imagine someone making a bid of £1 million a year for a 100 years at some point.

What is actually the advantage of paying significant fees years after the transfer? It puts you up shit creek if you fall on hard times in the interim, and it must throw a spanner in the works if the player fails and you need to move them on. They'd still be paying 30m euros, regardless of staggered payments.

I guess the advantage is that the transfer pays for itself as he helps them finish in the money-making positions, but it could still go tits up. (I don't think it will, Soldado is awesome)

@Bacon, do one.

What is actually the advantage of paying significant fees years after the transfer? It puts you up shit creek if you fall on hard times in the interim, and it must throw a spanner in the works if the player fails and you need to move them on. They'd still be paying 30m euros, regardless of staggered payments.

I guess the advantage is that the transfer pays for itself as he helps them finish in the money-making positions, but it could still go tits up. (I don't think it will, Soldado is awesome)

One day hitcher you might learn what the time value of money is. One day.

Salvadora

Most transfer fees are in installments, correct? Very few clubs have large sums of money just sitting about I thought.
If Madrid get Bale, they'll win the title next year, and every year until Ronaldo declines. Money well spent.
I think Madrid will win the title next season with or without Bale. Ancelotti is a really great manager and Barcelona are in decline, imo.

Wilbur

Banned

Nah. Ronaldo had won a Ballon d'Or by now, won leagues and CLs and done shit at Euros and World Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom