• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, but it still felt creepy :/

She didn't look 20, dammit!

ibxu4ft6EHzLbT.png

brmsMwv.jpg

:looooool better get used to that bench Tiggy.

Well it was that or Uniteds bench next to Kagawa.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've a bad feeling they could be in for a top 3 place next year should things fall right for them with injuries.

I'm still optimistic for the coming season. As a whole we struggled to create chances and finish them, that's why we had to rely on Bale so much. With a better midfield and more clinical strikers, we shouldn't have to slug out so many games and wait for a long range blast from Bale. I think we will still beat most teams without him. What we will miss most is not the goals from range but the pace and power when he runs with the ball, we don't really have anybody who can blaze through the middle and score except him.

Hopefully we sign someone who can do that, because the goals against United, City and Arsenal that Bale scored are the ones that need to be replaced. The ones against Sunderland, Villa, etc are what Soldado is for.

Lightning

Banned
I'm still optimistic for the coming season. As a whole we struggled to create chances and finish them, that's why we had to rely on Bale so much. With a better midfield and more clinical strikers, we shouldn't have to slug out so many games and wait for a long range blast from Bale. I think we will still beat most teams without him. What we will miss most is not the goals from range but the pace and power when he runs with the ball, we don't really have anybody who can blaze through the middle and score except him.

Hopefully we sign someone who can do that, because the goals against United, City and Arsenal that Bale scored are the ones that need to be replaced. The ones against Sunderland, Villa, etc are what Soldado is for.
How will you feel if we manage to get Suarez?

Yen

Liverpool are EA partners for 3 years, or whatever, meaning the whole squad gets their faces done for FIFA14. Neat (though not sure which football game to buy in September).

Ushojax

How will you feel if we manage to get Suarez?

I won't really mind. If you signed Gustavo and a quality keeper and CB I would be much more worried. Arsenal only got 4th because they closed up shop and kept clean sheets, Wilshire, Chesney and Vermaelen were all slung out because they couldn't do that. Now you have to go back to attacking, open football and your current CM/CBs are not good enough to handle that.

If you signed Suarez it would also mean he'd miss the first NLD of the season, so that would be a bonus.

If we manage to get him he would only miss Aston Villa, Fulham, Spurs, Sunderland and Stoke.

Those games are manageable without him.

Oh aye but its those sort of games that, in the first half of the season Arsenal can either look like Bayern or look like Aldershot.

I would say hooray for him missing the NLD but no doubt Walcott will be pumped for his one performance of the season as usual.

Ushojax

Is that the Spurs fan's way of spinning the fact that Arsenal got better defensively and you choked horribly?

I suppose so. We beat them in the derby when they tried to play attacking football and then Wenger changed everything when they beat Bayern. They tightened up well and we just fumbled around conceding from corners every week. Credit to them, they fixed their problems and we didn't. I don't know if it was a case of us choking, with 3 games to go it was in our hands but we had to go to the Bridge, a difficult game and we could only draw (after once again conceding from a corner).

Lightning

Banned
I suppose so. We beat them in the derby when they tried to play attacking football and then Wenger changed everything when they beat Bayern. They tightened up well and we just fumbled around conceding from corners every week. Credit to them, they fixed their problems and we didn't. I don't know if it was a case of us choking, with 3 games to go it was in our hands but we had to go to the Bridge, a difficult game and we could only draw (after once again conceding from a corner).
A draw at the bridge you didn't deserve as you scored an offside goal in that game.

If Arsenal can get some points from those first 6 games, I see us challenging for the title. But only if we add a good GK, DM and maybe another CB.

Also, if we add Suarez.

Ushojax

Soldado finally happened then. How much has Spurs spent net this summer thusfar now then?

In:
Paulinho: £17m
Chadli: £7m
Soldado: £26m

Out:
Caulker: £9m

Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Adebayor, BAE, Livermore and Gomes could all leave as well.

Lightning

Banned
You mean like the offside goal Arteta scored against QPR? A win you didn't deserve either.
Arteta's goals were my favourite of last season. They were crucial penalties and that offside goal!

That offside goal and penalties we received cost you Bale and the CL!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marchisiooooooooo “I’ve been playing for Juventus for 20 years and every summer for the last seven my name has been mentioned in the transfer market,” he told Tuttosport.

“Obviously I’m not denying that it is nice to see my name linked with other clubs, some of the most important and renowned in the world.

“It means that I am working well, that I have admirers. It is something to be proud of, but I haven’t spoken to anyone and I’m not aware of any concrete offers.

“I was a little disappointed in the summer that the club didn’t respond to the transfer rumours, but then that did arrive. I spoke with the directors.

“You never know what will happen and I wouldn’t be the first player to leave a club he grew up in, but my desire is to stay and keep winning with Juve

<3

Feorax

Right, been off the grid for the last 30 hours or so due to trans-atlantic flights.

Other than Soldado > Spurs and some random Fifa partnership, I take it I haven't missed much?

panty

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement over the signing of Gareth Bale. After intense negotiations between both clubs, a verbal deal worth 120 million euros has been agreed upon.

Madrid are yet to agree a payment plan with the Premier League side, and it must also be confirmed whether the cash price is to be reduced by including any Real players in the deal as makeweights. Spurs manager André Villas-Boas is keen on Fabio Coentrao, while he is also an admirer of Ángel di María. Meanwhile, Tottenham’s latest request has been the inclusion of young striker Álvaro Morata; however, Madrid have categorically ruled out the option of the Spain Under-21 star leaving the Santiago Bernabéu.

For the time being, Daniel Levy has asked for the deal not to be made official. The Tottenham chairman has explained to ‘Los Blancos’ that he needs a few days to complete the signing of two or three new players to complete the Spurs squad for next season. The first to arrive will be Valencia forward Roberto Soldado, whose move to the club was confirmed on Thursday morning. The White Hart Lane outfit are also interested in Luis Suárez, but would have to negotiate with Liverpool knowing that North London rivals Arsenal are already in advanced talks over the Uruguay international. Once Tottenham firm up their summer arrivals, Bale’s move to Real Madrid will be confirmed.

Straigt from AS. They don't list any sources so are they the source?

120 million...

Fuck this.
Do Real Madrid really need Gareth Bale?

We have a very good squad – with quality, experience and youth. It’s difficult for me to speak about Bale because right at this moment, he is not a Real Madrid player but we’ll see what happens. Personally, I am very happy with the squad and with the work they are doing.

So basically Ancelotti is saying "I'm happy with the squad as it is, we do not need Bale".

Wes

venison crêpe
Thanks a bunch BT Sport. I'm never going to get anything done now.

Watching Aussie Rules highlights. Because I now can.

UrgentPS

Neo Member

120 million...

Fuck this.

So basically Ancelotti is saying "I'm happy with the squad as it is, we do not need Bale".

I really really hope we do the right thing and don't sign him. Shit's getting ridiculous.

Ushojax

I really really hope we do the right thing and don't sign him. Shit's getting ridiculous.

Of course you're going to sign him. Perez wants him so he will buy him.

It's going to be hilarious when Real lose to Dortmund/Bayern again trying to play Ronaldo as a striker. If Perez had a brain he would buy a top class defender instead of Bale, a team with Ramos in the back 4 is never going to get to a CL final.

leadbelly

Banned

120 million...

Fuck this.

So basically another big name player leaving the Premier League to go to Spain. If United end up with fucking Fellaini it will be a joke. I can see that happening. A player that no United fan cares about.

bobito

Banned
In:
Paulinho: £17m
Chadli: £7m
Soldado: £26m

Out:
Caulker: £9m

Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Adebayor, BAE, Livermore and Gomes could all leave as well.

I thought huddlestone was going to sundeland?

So basically another big name player leaving the Premier League to go to Spain. If United end up with fucking Fellaini it will be a joke. I can see that happening. A player that no United fan cares about.

More go the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom