• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I just watched Robocop for the first time. Fuckin awesome.

'Your move, creep' is one of the greatest lines of all time.

I'm listening to that conspiracy thingy.

Implying missing people (including children!) are taken by Bigfoot is unbelievably offensive.

I thought I'd respond to this.

Firstly, the thread - or the topic - had absolutely nothing to do with Bigfoot.

Coast 2 Coast invites a variety of people to talk about several topics, sometimes back to back. The thread itself actually was dedicated to a specific topic had in that program; missing persons. The author who had written a few books on it was introduced as someone who in the past had written about Bigfoot but then the conversion moved on to the topic at hand.

Amirx must have heard the reference to Bigfoot in the introduction and immediately assumed that the missing children was related to that. If he had actually listened to the entire segment, he would have realised that was a misconception on his part. In fact, later on in the interview, the author is pressed to speculate who or "what" is behind the missing persons. He flat-out refuses to do so.

The thread itself was summarily locked and as a result I've lost my thread making privileges. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the Moderator in question felt that I was implying that a mythical creature was abducting children, a ludicrously insensitive idea in itself. Even were I to believe that, I would never have made a comment about it much less a thread.

FootballFan

Stop fighting with our Bayern overlords.

586_4_1372207307.gif

That is incredible, you can just watch it again and again.

Pizza Hut is disgusting. I guess I'm spoiled though, in New Jersey there are real pizza places everywhere, so going to a place like Pizza Hut is just plain foolish.

I should move to England and run a real pizza place. Though I'm not sure you cunts would appreciate real food.

pls don't tell me by real pizza you mean those 6ft sized flat pizza's with 2000 pepperoni pieces on top.

pls

Manchester United want to restore the words ‘Football Club’ to their club badge after 15 years, in the hope of dispelling the image that the Glazers are only interested in United as a business rather than their history as one of England’s great sporting institutions.
Owner Joel Glazer is behind plans to change the badge again after the football reference was removed in a re-design in 1998. New chief executive Ed Woodward has confirmed United have reservations about the current badge which was launched seven years before the Glazers bought the club.
‘I didn’t like that change of badge,’ said Woodward. ‘Joel didn’t like that change. We will look at that and have a think about that. We are a football club, not a business.'

Read more: http://www.*****************/sport/...-words-Football-Club-badge.html#ixzz2Zd0wQANw

Dat PR.

Head. In. Hands.

Like either of those two gave a fuck about us when they changed it.

Clegg

"I am the law".

Kills every criminal in sight.

Lena Headey looks better than she does in GoT too. Even with the scar and dodgy teeth.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham's normally cautious chairman Daniel Levy is prepared to sanction an £18million move for Valencia striker Roberto Soldado that would break the club's record transfer fee.

Levy, who is not expecting to lose manager Andre Villas-Boas to Barcelona or star man Gareth Bale to Manchester United despite speculation linking both men, is instead looking to show the club's ambition by bringing in Spain international Soldado to solve the team's problems up front.

I think we can buy him. Valencia are desperate for cash and we need to wrap our main signings up soon, only 4 weeks to go. I don't want to start the season with an unfinished squad for the third season in a row.

Salvadora

I thought I'd respond to this.

Firstly, the thread - or the topic - had absolutely nothing to do with Bigfoot.

Coast 2 Coast invites a variety of people to talk about several topics, sometimes back to back. The thread itself actually was dedicated to a specific topic had in that program; missing persons. The author who had written a few books on it was introduced as someone who in the past had written about Bigfoot but then the conversion moved on to the topic at hand.

Amirx must have heard the reference to Bigfoot in the introduction and immediately assumed that the missing children was related to that. If he had actually listened to the entire segment, he would have realised that was a misconception on his part. In fact, later on in the interview, the author is pressed to speculate who or "what" is behind the missing persons. He flat-out refuses to do so.

The thread itself was summarily locked and as a result I've lost my thread making privileges. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the Moderator in question felt that I was implying that a mythical creature was abducting children, a ludicrously insensitive idea in itself. Even were I to believe that, I would never have made a comment about it much less a thread.
I'm glad you cleared it up because that is so far beyond the pale.

I'm hoping you don't think it by the way. It's probably serial killers and child abusers.

Suen

They have just gotten Villa who is probably on some great wages too, with their finances in mind... They're probably not going for Torres. Problem is no one wants Torres, or at least not to the money he will demand.

Mourinho is fully aware that Torres is shit I'm sure, the player to be made into a shining light is Lukaku.

How long did it take you?
I'd definitely bet on Lukaku becoming central to the team over Torres. Guy played brilliantly last season.

Unless Atletico used most of their money from Falcao for their debt they could still go for Torres if the price isn't absurd. But considering you payed 50m for him I can't see you let him go for a cheap price, a decent price would likely still be too much for Atletico. This is unless you'd buy Rooney which would likely result in Torres falling down the pecking order, and with less playtime and the wages he demand you might reduce the price.

For Atletico there's the advantage of Torres having played there before and being familiar with the club and the football played in La Liga and he could always have the chance of finding his form there again. If he did it would be a great addition to Atletico's squad as they need to fill the void left by Falcao (Villa alone won't really fill it up). It's a gamble....but anyway with Villa there I doubt they'd want another striker...at least not for the price Torres would demand right now (and especially not in his current form)

Too many random threads id assume

My posting habits haven't changed over the last few years. I tend to make quite a lot of threads in general.

Did you click the link? It's pretty hilarious.

But yes... Yes they are, this is one of his last ones

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625026&highlight=

That wasn't meant to be the original title, but I did want to share the fact that I felt Connor Cruise looked incredibly similar to his "adopted" father. Obviously, it wasn't a serious thread. Tonight, on GAF, we have a thread discussing "Big spoon or small spoon? Which do you prefer?". Earlier, we had a thread dedicated to Kanye pushing over a camera. The point is we sometimes see these type of random threads, but they are by large a rarity for me; most of my threads are legitimate articles.

Hank, or Frank or whatever his name is, definitely says 'a little toast to my brother-in-law' at the party. Is he married to Walt's sister or something?

FootballFan

Hank, or Frank or whatever his name is, definitely says 'a little toast to my brother-in-law' at the party. Is he married to Walt's sister or something?

Don't know why anyone didn't just explained it to you lol.

Hank is married to Skyler's sister.

So Walt and Hank are brother's-in-law as they each bang those sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom