• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

£40 for Rooney seems excessive. I have no doubt he's going to sign for us now, but that sum is a bit more than I would expect at this stage. I can see a deal getting done at £25-30. Woodward would save face and have decent money to reinvest at that price.

Shut up GQ, be champions!

JWong

Banned
£40 for Rooney seems excessive. I have no doubt he's going to sign for us now, but that sum is a bit more than I would expect at this stage. I can see a deal getting done at £25-30. Woodward would save face and have decent money to reinvest at that price.

Rooney for 40mil?

nope.gif

K1LLER7

This video does a good job showing Adnan is still pretty raw. Some really nice touches/passes but then some that don't find the mark.

Anyhow, he's done great to go from the academy team to edge of the first team squad in a year, and that coming off a long injury.

Just hope he keeps getting minutes on the tour.
You think he'll go back to playing for the U-21s after this tour or stay with the 1st team?

I personally think he should stay with the first team, play in the carling cup, FA cup games and depending on how he copes in those games, start to give him PL minutes.

rodvik

There's so much evidence, Wooden. When you read the copious amounts of success you don't have another choice.
rITQvEJ.gif

This is me 24/7 now.

I am sure you will be fine. You have will power after all.

You think he'll go back to playing for the U-21s after this tour or stay with the 1st team?

I personally think he should stay with the first team, play in the carling cup, FA cup games and depending on how he copes in those games, start to give him PL minutes.
He needs to spend some time with the u21s next season.

Main thing is just to play as much as possible. Won't happen with first team. Think about all the players we have in his positions, at least 6/7 senior players - he just won't be able to play that much. Obv we're hoping he gets to play some first team minutes, I'm pretty sure he will too. But he'll play for the u21s more.

Training wise maybe they will keep him with the 1st team. No idea how that works tbh.

pls don't tell me by real pizza you mean those 6ft sized flat pizza's with 2000 pepperoni pieces on top.

pls

FF pls

Pepperoni is for Pizza Hut eaters. Sausage and broccoli rabe is a far superior alternative if you're looking for meat on your pizza. So is a white pizza with proscuitto. Generally I prefer simpler pies without meat though.

Just ordered The Godfather book for £3.35 :D

Amazon want over a fiver for the Kindle version, bunch of mugs. They really need to find a way to set up a cross-buy finction

GorillaJu

If he goes to Chelsea, he's the first name on my fantasy team sheet. He'll be the leading striker, no question, and with a fresh start, with a new manager and new fans he'll probably go back to his old work ethic.

I'm surprised there isn't more Chelsea muppetry. Getting Rooney would be a ridiculous signing.

If he goes to Chelsea, he's the first name on my fantasy team sheet. He'll be the leading striker, no question, and with a fresh start, with a new manager and new fans he'll probably go back to his old work ethic.

I'm surprised there isn't more Chelsea muppetry. Getting Rooney would be a ridiculous signing.
How much is he? 11?

He needs to spend some time with the u21s next season.

Main thing is just to play as much as possible. Won't happen with first team. Think about all the players we have in his positions, at least 6/7 senior players - he just won't be able to play that much. Obv we're hoping he gets to play some first team minutes, I'm pretty sure he will too. But he'll play for the u21s more.

Training wise maybe they will keep him with the 1st team. No idea how that works tbh.

He's raw, but not that raw. He plays much more intelligent than most kids his age.I want him to get like 12-15 1st team games (potentially more if his play merits that many appearances), and the rest as u21 games. Pogba had 7 appearances with United. I don't want him to feel like an outsider like Pogba was. This tour is an excellent way to get him integrated and feel a sense of worth both through the club's trust in him, and through the fans excitement over him. I also hope this trip shows him how big United really is. I'm sure he and everyone knows how big the club is, but they don't truly know until they see the amount of fans present in all parts of the world.

It will be tough, but some players should take a back seat. Young is just taking away playing time from a player like Januzaj. I prefer Nani and Shinji on the left wing over Young and of course the right wing will be occupied by Valencia and Zaha. I really want another attacking player if Rppmey leaves as it's a big gamble with Nani's form. If Nani recaptures his form then no worries, but we'll see. In any case, Young needs limited minutes.

GQman2121

Banned

I'll try my best here.......

K1LLER7

If Rooney left and Fabregas came in, I'd be ecstatic. We need to bring a world class player in once/before Rooney leaves.

Barca pls. Yiu can even have Bebe on loan, just don't let the Po-Po catch him.

Salazar

I'd have to know where we are with other transfers to stabilise an opinion on the Rooney offer - if it is indeed real.

Januzaj should stomp Young: I need this to happen.

If Rooney left and Fabregas came in, I'd be ecstatic. We need to bring a world class player in once/before Rooney leaves.

Barca pls. Yiu can even have Bebe on loan, just don't let the Po-Po catch him.

A cm needs to come in regardless of what happens to Rppmey.

JWong

Banned
This year's gotta be one of the most expensive, if not the most. Monaco, PSG, City, Chelsea, Real all going ham

Yeah I was thinking that. Dunno if there was something that compares.

Maybe Los Galaticos part 2 with the Real Madrid 2009 spending spree?

Salazar

Aye. I can't see that many other big money bids coming for him. Especially as PSG bought that t'lan imass-looking motherfucker Cavani.

And I like the idea of Chicha getting more time if the miserable waster leaves.

We've only spent 26 million so far and it looks like we will not be signing anyone else but Rooney.

You'll understand if people don't trust a fucking syllable emanating from Mourinho or Roman.

Lightning

Banned
This comes off as a prayer/mantra bro, lol. Although it is true.

We don't know that.
Comes off that way but it's just my opinion. I don't think Barca can afford to lose him and he won't force a move so it will be entirely on Barca.

it's possible, anything is possible, but unlikely.

I'm expecting Suarez to back peddle on his desire to leave Liverpool now that he's back with the team. Pay rise to keep player happy for 1 more season incoming, unfortunately. Arsenal will never pay Madrid's absurd valuation of Higuain and I expect him to remain at Madrid as well and Gervinho likely off to Italy next week.

This transfer window sucks.

Feorax

I'm expecting Suarez to back peddle on his desire to leave Liverpool now that he's back with the team.

I'm think so too. Apparently he met a few fans in Australia who he told he was staying for certain, so it would be quite dickish to now put in a transfer request.

I expect we will give him and extra £40k to £50k per week that we saves on Pepe's wages. £160k per week seems to be about right for one of the league's top scorers.

Also, I'm expecting Reina confirmation today.

Blablurn

Yeah. Just imagine what happens when gotze plays too.

Hhnnnnnnnnghhhh

To quote a wise utd fan: Moyes can do one

omg, thiago is awesome but I think Götze is going to be the KILLER APP for bayern.

I like how hes giving orders already and directing the game from the central position. It appears that Bayern is not dependent on Schweini anymore.

I don't like how u talk about Schweini :| Just like Robben he won a special place in my bayern heart last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom