• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

Kaká looking good.

Ballon d'Or 2013-14

Believe!

ronaldo-laugh-2-cristiano-ronaldo-19817037-200-178.gif

True.

Looking at his career statistics he made a sharp step up at at Arsenal in regards to goals and assists. So he wasn't some French wonder striker who has underperformed.

I was impressed by some of his goals before joining Arsenal.

I genuinely don't rate him. Nice flicks every now and then but he's too slow and has the turning speed of a freight ship.

Was always going to score some goals because Arsenal are so good at creating chances. But he's not good enough for them or for any team with real ambitions of winning the league.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on one season, I think he can give them a lot more.

He'll make it or break it next season, if he doesn't score more crucial goals then Arsenal will absolutely have to look for a new striker.

He's scored 5 goals in pre-season so far.

Outperforming every other striker in the EPL.

If he's lucky he might even get to win the emirates cup as well as "best pre season striker" award before the season starts, cause we know actually winning stuff will stop for Arsenal at that point.

jtb

Banned
Giroud is a good player but good god is he slow. I'd prefer playing Theo up front over Giroud, if for that reason alone.

Salvadora

If he's lucky he might even get to win the emirates cup as well as "best pre season striker" award before the season starts, cause we know actually winning stuff will stop for Arsenal at that point.

I'm just saying, there was a prewritten media narrative for Giroud to flop.

Liverpool fans in here have even tried to make the comparison to Carroll stick.

LTWheels

Why would Suarez sign a new contract? Only reason I can think of (a part from higher wages) is to get a better buy-out clause than the current contract. Any why would Liverpool be prepared to give him an easier buyout clauses?

It's probably to make him stay 1 more year.

Why would Suarez sign a new contract? Only reason I can think of (a part from higher wages) is to get a better buy-out clause than the current contract. Any why would Liverpool be prepared to give him an easier buyout clauses?

It's probably to make him stay 1 more year.

lol

Empty

i like giroud, it's not his fault he was saddled with being rvp's replacement, i think he's a handy squad player. people gave wenger stick for years about only having one style, trying to walk it in and creating a team of weaklings, and giroud offers something different. he's good at bringing team mates into play and 11 goals in his first season is solid. unfortunately with arsenal failing on higuain and probably on suarez it's likely the narrative will persist.

panty

I so hope we get rid of Kaka. Even in a game like this he's been invisible. He needs to go or cut his salary in half at least.
So I'm hearing if Napoli sign Higuain, he'll probably make his debut at the Emirates. Is that true?
You can't buy our captain!!1

Timurid

You guys are winning 5-0 and you still have the fucking balls to complain still. That's why madrid doesnt deserve to win shit.

GQman2121

Banned
Suarez signing a new deal is baffling. Who knows what the hell is going on in that guys head. Here's more money to sit out 10 games.

MPW

Watching Thiago was like if I was watching my missus dump me, then romp with a richer, more handsome man, then they rode off together in a Lambo whilst I'm waiting at the bus stop.

man utd fans are not happy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom