• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pellegrini looks like Arsene Wenger's dark passenger to me.

ManuelPellegrini_large.jpg

Good cop/bad cop.

DBT85

United Bro's if given the choice would you give Spurs Rooney + £30m for Bale?

No.

Bale is good but he's not that good. If he beasts this season like Ronaldo did before he went then that changes things, but as well as him getting better teams are going to be trying to shut him down in every single game this season. If he can still perform despite the increased attention then he'd be worth it.

Of course, if nobody wants fathead then its a great deal.

Tobinishi

My bet on the Real game looks good ;) keep it up guys.

Dont really get such one-sided friendlies. Watched Cagliari destroying an amateur side 13-0 today , whats the point? Their goalkeeper touched the ball 2 times in the second half.

panty

My bet on the Real game looks good ;) keep it up guys.

Dont really get such one-sided friendlies. Watched Cagliari destroying an amateur side 13-0 today , whats the point? Their goalkeeper touched the ball 2 times in the second half.

That's why they're friendlies. If the ticket money goes to the smaller club I'm all up for it.

Salvadora

No.

Bale is good but he's not that good. If he beasts this season like Ronaldo did before he went then that changes things, but as well as him getting better teams are going to be trying to shut him down in every single game this season. If he can still perform despite the increased attention then he'd be worth it.

Of course, if nobody wants fathead then its a great deal.

It isn't that much really.

Values Bale at around £55-60m.

jtb

Banned
Fucking Higuain to Napoli is a disaster.

this whole summer is looking pretty shitty. Even if we do get a striker (which is looking pretty damn unlikely as all our targets are getting snapped up by other clubs), we've basically sold off our entire bench and everyone's getting injured—I just want us to see us signing somebody, anybody...

Feorax

Some rumours knocking about that the Echo are going to confirm tonight that Suarez has signed or is about to sign a new deal.

Would be extremely surprising, but welcome nontheless.

dc89

:eek: just remembered that City's last game of pre-season is against Arsenal.

Wenger will meet his Dark Passenger for the first time.

MPW

this whole summer is looking pretty shitty. Even if we do get a striker (which is looking pretty damn unlikely as all our targets are getting snapped up by other clubs), we've basically sold off our entire bench and everyone's getting injured—I just want us to see us signing somebody, anybody...

Kaka-559558-1-402.jpg

DBT85

It isn't that much really.

Values Bale at around £55-60m.

If he plays the entirety of next season like he played the last 18 games of last season then he'll be worth it.

I'm not going to complain if we were to sign him for the £70 million people are suggesting, it's not my money and it's not going to happen.

Clegg

Giroud is better than you people make him to he, just needs to work more on his confidence.

I genuinely don't rate him. Nice flicks every now and then but he's too slow and has the turning speed of a freight ship.

Was always going to score some goals because Arsenal are so good at creating chances. But he's not good enough for them or for any team with real ambitions of winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom