• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

We sure have the most ugly squad in Europe and its amazing that our fans share the same fate :/ Are there any hot female Bayern fans?

for u

d2CUVYK.jpg

sohois

Some teams will do better than others.

I think City will wrap things up quickly grabbing the Porto pair and Sagna.

United will finish off Shaw but that's it I think.

Chelsea probably not much but they already got Zouma and then Matic. I don't know if they have that much to do. CF obv and a LB...either way they will get it done.

Liverpool - no idea.

Arsenal - won't sign anyone before the season starts.

Spurs - pls

Everton - no idea

Rest - don't care

I think Liverpool's biggest targets at the moment are Lallana, Turan and Rakitic, based off of early press reports. Lallana and Rakitic would both be at the World Cup, but I don't expect either to be completed beforehand - Southampton will probably drag out the transfer and I think Sevilla will want the world cup to try and boost Rakitic's value.

LTWheels

buying before the WC is nuts.

imagine you spend 40 million on a striker and he injuries himself in the WC and sits on the sidelines for 6 months.

money thrown to the trash.

Way better than buying after the World Cup when prices will be inflated and more clubs are interested. It's also a bad idea to buy a player based on their World Cup performance.

Players can get injured everywhere and anywhere. Worrying about a WC injury to a potential signing is a bit silly.

Arse-GAF

what are you coin

pls stop

utd bros have more members than us, they will overpower us :(

stop being silly guys and just accept Utd are the bigger team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Speaking from my high horse: What kind of fan are you if you dont watch the semi final your club is playing?
a fan that prioritises his relationship over his football club playing in a Europa Bukkake semi-final.

I can only go out on Thursdays and Fridays (for now).

sure. we can hangout in my place and watch the game but that's pretty selfish. :/ and I'd rather do something else quite frankly. I feel genuine SHAME watching them in EL.

edit: stop making me say personal stuff on GAF ffs :lol aren't you on twitter too?

Jack cw

a fan that prioritises his relationship over his football club playing in a Europa Bukkake semi-final.

sure. we can hangout in my place and watch the game but that's pretty selfish. :/ and I'd rather do something else quite frankly. I feel genuine SHAME watching them in EL.

edit: stop making me say personal stuff on GAF ffs :lol aren't you on twitter too?

Haha, yes i am on twitter. And I like that you place your relationship over your club :)

Carbonox

OI YURT I WANT TO COME AND HANG OUT (LITERALLY TESTICLAY AND ALL) AT YOUR PLACE

Feorax

Personally, I think Konoplyanka is already a done deal. I also think we've probably got something lined up for Micah Richards so we aren't under any pressure with Glen Johnson's contract.

Anything else, including Lallana if the rumours are true, will be done after the WC.

LTWheels

I think Liverpool's biggest targets at the moment are Lallana, Turan and Rakitic, based off of early press reports. Lallana and Rakitic would both be at the World Cup, but I don't expect either to be completed beforehand - Southampton will probably drag out the transfer and I think Sevilla will want the world cup to try and boost Rakitic's value.

I think Sevilla will drag it out, but I don't think Southampton will. The players leaving SH, Lallana and Shaw, are already well known and the prices and clubs interested are well publicised. The clubs interested in those SH players are premier league clubs. A successful World Cup performance is not going to bring in foreign clubs because the players are too expensive. The foreign clubs that can afford those players will not be interested anyway. Shaw probably won't play at the WC and Lallana has a groin problem at the moments so their are question marks over him making the squad. It's in SH best interest to sell those players early so they can buy early and avoid WC price hike for foreign players.

First time Everton, Manchester City and Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception

First time Everton have beaten United home and away since 1969-70

First time Everton & Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season
First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception

First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League (Edin Dzeko for Manchester City)

United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally

United fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995

United's worst home league form for over a decade

Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season

Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson

First ever home defeat to Swansea this term

First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972

First home defeat to West Brom since 1978

First league defeat to Stoke since 1984

United lost more to Moyes than arsenal did.

You guys lost to Moyes.

iblPULFG3bQPus.gif

I mean just think about it. Fuckin hell man. Even Sherwood beat Moyes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparenly Spurs is officially interest in De Boer now. That shit won't fly, go take your money elsewhere please.

Surely De Boer will be open to joining us as long as Ajax get decent compensation? Like Vertonghen and Eriksen it's time for him to leave the Eredivisie. What more can he do with Ajax?

I mean just think about it. Fuckin hell man. Even Sherwood beat Moyes.

Sherwood beat Martinez too. I hate the way he sets up his midfield but he's secured a decent number of points since he got the job.

premiersher_zpsf895cc69.png

He'll get a job in the PL this summer, for sure. He's just too raw for us at the moment. I expect in 5-10 years he will be managing us again.

GQman2121

Banned
Zouma was a big buy for us in January, so I'm glad that's already been dealt with.

Now I want Ramires and Luiz out; Costa and Shaw in.

Gambit

I've been reading rumours that Pizarro might start today. The suggestion is beyond ridiculous, but, by God, I would love it. At least for one half

Zouma was a big buy for us in January, so I'm glad that's already been dealt with.

Now I want Ramires and Luiz out; Costa and Shaw in.

I agree with getting Luiz and Ramires sold, as much as I love Luiz he is too much of a liability and just hasn't progressed is trying to fix that side of his game, also we can probably still get some good cash for him.

Not totally convinced by Costa but compared to what options we currently have I wouldn't say no. As for Shaw, would love him but not if he is going to cost £30mil.

GQman2121

Banned
Post tuna recipes...

Mine:

One can albacore tuna
Two Tlb. mayo
Two ribs of celery chopped
Half a medium yellow onion
Pinch of salt
Tlb. black pepper

Serve on toast with lettuce.

2 pieces of bread

1 tin of tuna

1 slab of cheese

This my friends is my lunch.

SUCH AMBITION

My favourite sandwich is to mix the whole tin of tuna with salad cream, fuck mayo. Put that on a slice of bread, pour melted cheddar over that and dollop tomato ketchup on top. Seal with a second slice of bread and devour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom