• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously love Sport1.de
Lat week they made a head to head with Real and Bayern and Bayern won this pretty handsomely. 6 days later Real wins this because of the wingers.

They are also saying that Gündogan was taken hostage by some extremists in Ukraine.

lol

Good old Sport1. Actually, it's kinda sad, they were a decent football news site before they were merged with DSF. All went downhill after that.

Lightning

Banned
or maybe you found your level and the league title 10 years ago was overachieving?
No. Because we pushed United every year then for the title and now we don't. It was not a single season achievement but something we consistently done when even finishing 2nd or 3rd we were a lot more competitive then we are now.

Now we are underachieving and worse is not utilising our resources to achieve more.

subtles

He's class, but I can't think of any clubs that have a bigger status than Arsenal and could accommodate him in their first team?

No reason for Arsenal to sell but the clubs with a higher standing in football aren't really concerned with fitting players in to be honest, as the benches of many of those sides show.

He's been one of the best in Europe at what he does but it's worth noting how few British players ply their trade overseas...

You're probably right.

Ramsey told fergie to fuck off already.

Winning a title is expected. Winning the league in unbeaten style is certainly an over achievement. Problem?
Yes.

I was just pointing out that United's god awful midfield could do with him and are a bigger club than Arsenal.

I never meant to hurt you.

Jack cw

Good old Sport1. Actually, it's kinda sad, they were a decent football news site before they were merged with DSF. All went downhill after that.

True. The problem is, that they run without any close relationship to the TV station. They are sitting in their glass bunker here and try to be relevant with their articles. Problem is that they have no real sources inside the clubs, which is hilarious for a sports outlet based in Munich and are heavily relying on "rumors". Their opinion peaces lack any substance and its basically suicide to publish articles from Olaf Thon.

nawz

Banned
Think Ramsey prefers playing with ozil, carzola, jack and co than....well...just mata? Lol

What about good ol' 'arry for the united job lool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha, its incredible to see Juve GAF transforming into Bayern GAF when their club is attacked. I love you guys <3

if you think we're angry or arrogant then re-read our posts again :lol

we don't care about that game. He's trying DESPERATELY to make us give a shit, but we simply won't.

again, it's Europa League.

Clegg

Van den Sar: "I will say more (once its official) but Van Gaal is the best manager I have ever played for".

Poor Fergus.

Jack cw

if you think we're angry or arrogant then re-read our posts again :lol

we don't care about that game. He's trying DESPERATELY to make us give a shit, but we simply won't.

it's Europa League

Yurt pls. We all know you guys care about this game :p

Carbonox

I have a bad feeling Fiorentina won't want Anderson now they've seen him close up.

But even from afar they could see he was a dumpling. Either they needed to go to specsavers or their morbid curiosity warranted a close up view of his belly button being undiscoverable.

'Gary Neville calls for United to appoint British boss'

No surprises for guessing who he backed.

Gary has this outdated romantic view of United and he will never change. He thinks United should give every manager time. He thinks United should play 4-4-2 with wingers every time. He thinks United should only have British managers.

United is the one subject Gary is shit at discussing.

This seasons Arsenal > City transfer is Sagna.

Slightly disappointing I suppose.

They'll make up for it next summer when Arsenal will be even easier pickings than usual.

Think Ramsey prefers playing with ozil, carzola, jack and co than....well...just mata? Lol

What about good ol' 'arry for the united job lool

You guys lost to Moyes.

ibboldqHbPJgvv.gif

Lightning

Banned
This seasons Arsenal > City transfer is Sagna.

Slightly disappointing I suppose.

They'll make up for it next summer when Arsenal will be even easier pickings than usual.
They're welcome to Sagna. Wants too much money and 3 years is too long.

Gonna miss him though but his best days are gone.

As for your jab, we'll see.

They're welcome to Sagna. Wants too much money and 3 years is too long.

Gonna miss him though but his best days are gone.

As for your jab, we'll see.
Yeah I'm not surprised Arsenal don't want to give in to his demands but he's negotiating from a position of strength.

He is still a good performer though. Won't be very easy to replace him. Not totally sure why City want him but why not I guess, good back up/rotation with Zabaleta when Richards leaves.

subtles

Gary has this outdated romantic view of United and he will never change. He thinks United should give every manager time. He thinks United should play 4-4-2 with wingers every time. He thinks United should only have British managers.

United is the one subject Gary is shit at discussing.
He's a patriot. He had similar views re; Newcastle's collapse and having tea at 5.

Feorax

How many deals do we think will be done before the WC kicks off? I'm expecting a lot of teams are going to want business done early this time round.

Clegg

Van Gaal has supposedly set a date for when he wants the decision to be made so he can then concentrate on the Netherlands.

buying before the WC is nuts.

imagine you spend 40 million on a striker and he injuries himself in the WC and sits on the sidelines for 6 months.

money thrown to the trash.

How many deals do we think will be done before the WC kicks off? I'm expecting a lot of teams are going to want business done early this time round.
Some teams will do better than others.

I think City will wrap things up quickly grabbing the Porto pair and Sagna.

United will finish off Shaw but that's it I think.

Chelsea probably not much but they already got Zouma and then Matic. I don't know if they have that much to do. CF obv and a LB...either way they will get it done.

Liverpool - no idea.

Arsenal - won't sign anyone before the season starts.

Spurs - pls

Everton - no idea

Rest - don't care

Both teams (Bayern & Real) are the best teams money can buy.

Sorry Barca fans, but Neymar hasn't actually set the world on fire this season.

God, I just hope it's an exciting game.

nawz

Banned
First time Everton, Manchester City and Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception

First time Everton have beaten United home and away since 1969-70

First time Everton & Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season
First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception

First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League (Edin Dzeko for Manchester City)

United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally

United fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995

United's worst home league form for over a decade

Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season

Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson

First ever home defeat to Swansea this term

First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972

First home defeat to West Brom since 1978

First league defeat to Stoke since 1984

United lost more to Moyes than arsenal did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom