• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
I agree with getting Luiz and Ramires sold, as much as I love Luiz he is too much of a liability and just hasn't progressed is trying to fix that side of his game, also we can probably still get some good cash for him.

Not totally convinced by Costa but compared to what options we currently have I wouldn't say no. As for Shaw, would love him but not if he is going to cost £30mil.

Out: Luiz, Torres, Ramires, Lampard, Eto'o, Ba, Cech, Schwarzer, Bertrand, Moses, Marin, Kakuta

In: Lukaku, Zouma, Omeruo, Van Ginkel, Piazon, Chalobah, Courtois, Shaw, Costa

And honestly, £30m seems about right for Shaw given his age, nationality and ability that he's already exhibited.

Plus, we could end up selling him to Madrid in five years for twice that amount.

jesalr

Surely De Boer will be open to joining us as long as Ajax get decent compensation? Like Vertonghen and Eriksen it's time for him to leave the Eredivisie. What more can he do with Ajax?

Sherwood beat Martinez too. I hate the way he sets up his midfield but he's secured a decent number of points since he got the job.

premiersher_zpsf895cc69.png

He'll get a job in the PL this summer, for sure. He's just too raw for us at the moment. I expect in 5-10 years he will be managing us again.

There was a point at the beginning of the season where we were tied first, there were points where we were in the top4 as well. The points kind of flattered us, because we never really convinced in games against teams we really should have been beating. When it came up against a genuinely strong team it really showed and we got swept aside.

Equaling our record points tally seems disingenuous considering how we've actually played this season. Even Newcastle and Sunderland (our biggest wins), were shaky performances covered by a few goals.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hope everyone keeps a relatively cool head today and tomorrow. End of the season coming up in the next few weeks with all the cup finals and World Cup to follow. I would think it would be a shame to miss it.

Wilbur

Banned
You fucking turd. We lost 0 home games against any top team. Only Villa beat us at the Emirates and we had Anthony Taylor to thank for that. It's our away form that needs improving but news flash? Liverpool lost all their away games to the other top 3 teams.

You clowns are selective in what you want to nitpick.

And we've finished ahead of Spurs for 19 consecutive years. That's not fluke.

Oh my god LOL

Linius

There really isn't. Let's be real here Linius.

1. Can become the first manager in the history of the Eredivisie to win five titles in a row
2. Still hasn't won the cup as a manger (and there by also still hasn't won the national double)
3. Never won the league with a decent amount of points and good GD, Jol beats him by miles
4. Still haven't advanced trough the next round in the CL. And our EL performances have been dire every season.

Plenty of goals to chase yet. And for the first one alone it's worth it to stay at least one more season.

On top of that his daughters go to school here, his wife has her own shop that's going well and he always said family goes before anyting. He's living a comfortable life here.

WJD

Hope everyone keeps a relatively cool head today and tomorrow. End of the season coming up in the next few weeks with all the cup finals and World Cup to follow. I would think it would be a shame to miss it.

You sound menacing as fuck here, Wes. Power has corrupted you.

i'll be good

Terry, Hazard, Eto'o and Cech all at practice right now. Not sure how I feel about Cech give how well Schwarzer played at Anfield.

Cech isn't going to play tomorrow or in the league I think, just delaying his surgery to see if he can play through the CL finale if Chelsea goes through tonight.

Sky Sports News saying Cech isn't doing the full GK drills, training on his own

Could well be mind games with Cech. SSN reporter asked him if he's fit for tomorrow to which Cech smiled & replied: "Of Course."

Guessing he won't start. You don't play a goalkeeper who dislocated his shoulder a week ago,

Wes

venison crêpe
I really haven't seen Luke Shaw play. Is he worth that rumored price tag? (30mil pound?)

He's by no means a finished article but he is a superb athlete and is already playing at a high level at such a young age. Even if he doesn't progress you're going to have a top quality full back for the next 14 years. You're buying in to his upside, that he achieves better than that. Considering the right coaching he should receive, there's no reason not to believe he'll become better and be fully worth that 30m and more.

raven777

He's by no means a finished article but he is a superb athlete and is already playing at a high level at such a young age. Even if he doesn't progress you're going to have a top quality full back for the next 14 years. You're buying in to his upside, that he achieves better than that. Considering the right coaching he should receive, there's no reason not to believe he'll become better and be fully worth that 30m and more.

ok thats good to hear. Evra is aging and Buttner is just not good enough for United regular.

I really hope we get a new right-back as well. I had enough with Rafael's injury problem and temperament, and smalling or Jones on the right-back is just not good.

i'll quote every pulga post just so Bla seems them.

and if he ignores me, i'll ask Wooden to quote my posts quoting pulga so Bla sees them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom