• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

To get a drink. To answer the phone. To answer the door. To take a shit. To let the dog out. To check your emails. To answer a text. To have a jerk. To get your phone charger. To get some food. To do anything that is a thousand times more important than getting stabbed for the four thousandth time by a googly eyed bat with anger issues.

:/
No I know why games have become that streamline hand holding bullshit.

pulga

Banned
Whats your feeling for tonight plug. I wouldnt feel so great if had to play away with only a 1-0 lead.

I dont feel great at all, 1-0 is shit. But at least we stopped you guys from getting the crucial away goal, so it's all gonna hinge on whether we get one today or not.

But if Moyes scored against you at the Allianz, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE INNIT

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I heard that you can't pause Dark Souls. That means I'm never going to play it.

To get a drink. To answer the phone. To answer the door. To take a shit. To let the dog out. To check your emails. To answer a text. To have a jerk. To get your phone charger. To get some food. To do anything that is a thousand times more important than getting stabbed for the four thousandth time by a googly eyed bat with anger issues.

you can't 'pause' during a fight, but if there's no one around then you're pretty much safe.

that's pausing.

Jack cw

I'm tired as all hell, but I need to see this game. I'm thinking Real Madrid win 4-1. Bale and Ronaldo domination.

Pep wants to control the game, so anything more than 1 goal would be a surprise. Like bud said, this is most likely a repeat of the first leg.

Hey guys remember Dong Fangzhou?

BmYpqEkCEAAwrbE.jpg

LegoArmo

Pep wants to control the game, so anything more than 1 goal would be a surprise. Like bud said, this is most likely a repeat of the first leg.

I know, I'm thinking devastating, pacey, counter attacks. Clinical. And more of the same from Bayern, pass, pass... nothing.

Kyoufu

Hand holding

Pausing

LOOOOOOL

Fuck I hate video games

I agree with Wilbury. What does pausing have to do with hand holding? :lol

You can't pause in Dark Souls because you can be invaded by other players at any time. I think Watch_Dogs will not let you pause either.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Madrid tonight, but I think Bayern will pull through. :(

I could pause in Dark Souls by alt-tabbing which would make it crash. When you loaded up it would put you back in the same spot. Doesn't work in DS2 though.

Feorax

Adrian Durham being a nob again in the Mail this morning got me thinking.

Why is it that the British media always aasociate "Plan B" with lobbing it up to the big man? There are more than two ways football can be played, surely?

I agree that we needed to try other things in the Chelsea game (we've generally been good at problem solving on the pitch), but there's probably 2 or 3 other things I'd have preferred before yearning for big Andy to be on the bench.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't engage in a fight if you're going to pause. And in DS you mostly fight 1-2 at the same time, so it's a pretty brief fight either way.

Nah, fuck that. It's a video game. I should be allowed to pause whenever I want. If I'm in the middle of a fight and the phone rings, I'm not going to prioritise the fight over answering but nor do I want to lose however many souls I've collected up to that point.

The solution?

Pausing.

Nah, fuck that. It's a video game. I should be allowed to pause whenever I want. If I'm in the middle of a fight and the phone rings, I'm not going to prioritise the fight over answering but nor do I want to lose however many souls I've collected up to that point.

The solution?

Pausing.

Do you also refuse to play multiplayer games because of this?

Wilbur

Banned
Adrian Durham being a nob again in the Mail this morning got me thinking.

Why is it that the British media always aasociate "Plan B" with lobbing it up to the big man? There are more than two ways football can be played, surely?

I agree that we needed to try other things in the Chelsea game (we've generally been good at problem solving on the pitch), but there's probably 2 or 3 other things I'd have preferred before yearning for big Andy to be on the bench.

Because the British media - and specifically Adrian Durham are fucking useless (he is spot on in that article wondering why Kompany was picked over Terry though)

Nev was spot on yesterday; Plan B for Liverpool should have been going back to patient possession play and working it in like City did against QPR, not rushing things and taking pot shots.

Hixx

The solution?

Pausing.

Or just bring up the menu and quit game -_-

When you load it back up you will be in the exact same spot. If it's a boss you will be put at the entrance.

Moaning about things in a game you haven't played and have zero intentions of playing. So grumpy.

victor%20meldrew%20richard%20wilson.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Do you also refuse to play multiplayer games because of this?

No, but I'll accept in a multiplayer game where it's me and ten other people that I can't pause. When it's just me playing, why should a video game's attempts to be hardcore stop me from pausing? It's just extraneous bullshit for reputation's sake.

Or just bring up the menu and quit game -_-

When you load it back up you will be in the exact same spot. If it's a boss you will be put at the entrance.

Moaning about things in a game you haven't played and have zero intentions of playing. So grumpy.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/victor%20meldrew%20richard%20wilson.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Cool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

The solution?

Pausing.

it's an online game, you can't pause in an online game.

DS2 is really forgiving when it comes to dying and collecting your souls again (usually it's a 1-3 mins run). So yeah, just pick up the phone.

kmax

Real_Madrid_-_Bayern_de_M%C3%BDnich-1.jpg.gif.jpeg

real-bayern.jpg

OB-SS591_042512_G_20120425164332.jpg

5bayern-real-uefa-ap-670.jpg

ronaldo5.jpg

This is the only thing that matters today. Eyes of the football world will be focused on Allianz Arena.

Viel Glück, my German friends. Let's hope for a spectacular game.

No, but I'll accept in a multiplayer game where it's me and ten other people that I can't pause. When it's just me playing, why should a video game's attempts to be hardcore stop me from pausing? It's just extraneous bullshit for reputation's sake.

As said, it's effectively a multilayer game with people being able to invade your game... I'm not into dark souls but this is a none problem and you're being a baby as usual.

Barzul

I definitely believe with the core of or team fit and together in the Febuary-March period we would be higher up the table than we are now. We were without Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Ozil and Koscienly all in the same period and it cost us about 4 games. 5 of our best players. The biggest reason Liverpool have challenged so successfully this season is that they kept their players fit this season and I commend them for that, consequently one of the reasons Man United have been so calamitous this season is because of injury woes (although it doesn't warrant a drop to 7th). It's inane to not see the correlation between injuries and league performance. I really hope we offer Ramsey an even longer contract, that man will lead us to the title.

D_prOdigy

You fucking turd. We lost 0 home games against any top team. Only Villa beat us at the Emirates and we had Anthony Taylor to thank for that. It's our away form that needs improving but news flash? Liverpool lost all their away games to the other top 3 teams.

You clowns are selective in what you want to nitpick.

And we've finished ahead of Spurs for 19 consecutive years. That's not fluke.

belated /dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom