• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
As said, it's effectively a multilayer game with people being able to invade your game... I'm not into dark souls but this is a none problem and you're being a baby as usual.

A baby :lol

I think the problem stems from me thinking you should be able to pause a video game you're effectively playing by yourself (save for the occasion where someone invades you, but that's not like FIFA where you're constantly playing with others if you choose to go online), and you all ceding to the design of the game and the developer's choice. That's cool. I just think you should be able to pause it if you want to because it doesn't make much sense to quit it every time and start it back up again. If that renders invasion into your game moot for a time, then pausing should do the same I guess.

But whatever, like Hixx says I have no intention in playing it so who cares what I think :lol

Jack cw

In bed lying down, about to get up for work.. Not going to get more relaxing :)

lol both stats are meaningless bullshit anyway calma calma

tumblr_mnqy2wXqHm1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Holy shit, some of you.

I'm 29 and I rarely have time for games anymore. Most of the games I play on normal because I can't give a shit about being challenged at times, I just want to have fun, because that's gaming to me.

Some of you love Dark Souls, great. I loved what I played of it too. Then again I can't muster enough effort to try over and over, when there are games that I can finish sitting right near me, and doesn't stress me up which is the MAIN reason to play games. To relax.

Hell, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see a game takes only 6-10 hours to finish, More time to do something else. Does that makes me a soft gamer shit? Maybe.

Do I care if some forumer think of me so? Can't really give a shit. I'm having fun.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A baby :lol

I think the problem stems from me thinking you should be able to pause a video game you're effectively playing by yourself (save for the occasion where someone invades you, but that's not like FIFA where you're constantly playing with others if you choose to go online), and you all ceding to the design of the game and the developer's choice. That's cool. I just think you should be able to pause it if you want to because it doesn't make much sense to quit it every time and start it back up again. If that renders invasion into your game moot for a time, then pausing should do the same I guess.

But whatever, like Hixx says I have no intention in playing it so who cares what I think :lol

I'll make this simple because all of this is giving me a migraine :lol

don't engage anyone = you're safe = pause. Or just die really, it's no biggie anymore.

and no, you don't 'occasionally' get invaded, it's 30%+ of the time in NG+. And you never know when it's going to happen, which is part of the charm.

you can't quit the game when you get invaded (thankfully, or else it'll turn into FIFA with all the ragequits)

Jarnet87

Worst part about Giggsy is he'll keep all of our English players and dump the more talented foreigners. Young and Cleverly will remain weekly starters.

K1LLER7

Holy shit, some of you.

I'm 29 and I rarely have time for games anymore. Most of the games I play on normal because I can't give a shit about being challenged at times, I just want to have fun, because that's gaming to me.

Some of you love Dark Souls, great. I loved what I played of it too. Then again I can't muster enough effort to try over and over, when there are games that I can finish sitting right near me, and doesn't stress me up which is the MAIN reason to play games. To relax.

Hell, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see a game takes only 6-10 hours to finish, More time to do something else. Does that makes me a soft gamer shit? Maybe.

Do I care if some forumer think of me so? Can't really give a shit. I'm having fun.
I've started to prefer the shorter games now. 8-12 hours.

pulga

Banned
why are you idiots arguing with a fruit whose favorite video game of all time is banjo fucking kazooie and donkey kong 64

Kyoufu

Some of you love Dark Souls, great. I loved what I played of it too. Then again I can't muster enough effort to try over and over, when there are games that I can finish sitting right near me, and doesn't stress me up which is the MAIN reason to play games. To relax..

Honestly though, what % of video games are actually relaxing? A very very verrrrrry small number, that's what.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll make this simple because all of this is giving me a migraine :lol

don't engage anyone = you're safe = pause. Or just die really, it's no biggie anymore.

and no, you don't 'occasionally' get invaded, it's 30%+ of the time in NG+. And you never know when it's going to happen, which is part of the charm.

But what if I'm in the middle of engaging someone and I don't have the psychic powers to predict that the house is about to catch fire yurt

The dog wants to get out

She's whining

She's barking

But if I don't beat the Albanian cyclops I will lose three billion

Souls

What

What then

What do I do

Pls

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But what if I'm in the middle of engaging someone and I don't have the psychic powers to predict that the house is about to catch fire yurt

The dog wants to get out

She's whining

She's barking

Souls

What

What then

What do I do

Pls

die? You're not going to literally die IRL you know.

I've started to prefer the shorter games now. 8-12 hours.

Hell yes. I still play some longer games, but I rarely ever finish them. Something like South Park is perfect, it's a short game but dense as fuck and a great ride all the way through, nothing worse than playing a game and feeling it it's being dragged out. That said, I'm also pretty excited for Persona and Witcher, but it will probably take me a year to finish any of them. :p

King_Moc

Banned
Holy shit, some of you.

I'm pretty much like this nowadays. The only exception was when I found myself in the top 500 worldwide at Super Meat Boy. I'm pretty much just playing FFXIV at the minute.

Though I did start DS2 last night, so maybe I'm full of shit.

LegoArmo

Go back to shoving middling confectionary up your arsehole.

:lol This thread today.

I'm pretty much like this nowadays. The only exception was when I found myself in the top 500 worldwide at Super Meat Boy. I'm pretty much just playing FFXIV at the minute.

Though I did start DS2 last night, so maybe I'm full of shit.

I love the instant replayability of stuff like Meat Boy or Trials, stuff where the challenge is the mechanics, not artificial, hard to be hard bullshit.

Wilbur

Banned
why are you idiots arguing with a fruit whose favorite video game of all time is banjo fucking kazooie and donkey kong 64

loooooool all those ignores making you mad

You are, going on rants about things you clearly don't know shit about, cause you dislike the principle of the game, which if fair enough to dislike, I fucking hate dying over and over in games too and just get too frustrated to play them.

I'm not even arguing about the difficulty of the game :lol

I just think that in a game that can be almost uniquely single player (if it's not NG+ - and I dunno how much it's changed but in the 30 odd hours I put into demon's souls I got invaded once), it's odd you can't pause it.

It's like if I'm watching a film at home and I have something else to do, I pause it. Or I put down a book
fuck books

A lot of the game I assume is you playing by yourself, and like Hixx says by quitting the game that means no one can invade you because you're obviously not playing it.

If you pause it, that should render you momentarily unable to invade. That's it. I just think it's pretty bad game design that you can't pause if something comes up.

Never mind "oh it'll only take you three minutes to get back there" or "it's only a small fight". That's besides the point.

pulga

Banned
Multiple sources reporting we're in for Suarez this summer. 85m is the quote.

BONUS! Cavani on the topic:

I am sure Liverpool fans are very happy Luis stayed - he will be a big player for them. I think Arsenal was not Luis's dream move, maybe if it had been Real Madrid then it would have been a different outcome - but of course Madrid were concentrating on a different target this summer.

It is his dream club - and a club he thinks is worth waiting for.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BUT THE SOULS MAN

WHAT ABOUT THE SOULS
the souls you get in the run up to the boss are insignificant compared to the ones you get from killing him. So it doesn't matter.

why the fuck am I discussing Dark Souls with fucking Pokemon furries here

I'M OUT

Hixx

The dog wants to get out

She's whining

She's barking

Souls

What

What then

What do I do

Pls

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+Life+Protection#.U1-bD_ldXYw

Baby's First Ring was created just for you, Wilbur.

:lol This thread today.

I love the instant replayability of stuff like Meat Boy or Trials, stuff where the challenge is the mechanics, not artificial, hard to be hard bullshit.

See, to me Trials is VASTLY more frustrating than DS has ever been. Fuck some of the Extreme tracks. I gave up on Inferno IV after about 350 tries.

Wilbur

Banned
Even yurt getting aggy now

At least I can pause pokemon

In fact I don't need to

I just close the lid or bring the DS with me to finish my shit

Pokemon > dark souls

LegoArmo

See, to me Trials is VASTLY more frustrating than DS has ever been. Fuck some of the Extreme tracks. I gave up on Inferno IV after about 350 tries.

I've just accepted that I'll never get through them, but I actually enjoy trying. You're way better at Trials than me, too.

All the Tony Hawk games up to (and including) THUG were brilliant. I think 4 on the PS2 was my most played, simply because it was the first game I ever played online with the network adapter. I even got accepted into a clan. Those were the days.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Even yurt getting aggy now

At least I can pause pokemon

In fact I don't need to

I just close the lid or bring the DS with me to finish my shit

Pokemon > dark souls

because you literally don't know what you're talking about, and you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

you're Footballfan.

except younger

and with no hair

Wilbur

Banned
because you literally don't know what you're talking about

And I think it's weird you defend a mostly single player video game not allowing you to pause :lol

Like I say, "oh but u will only take two minutes to get the souls you lost" is besides the point. If you were able to pause it, then you wouldn't need to do that in the first place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And I think it's weird you defend a mostly single player video game not allowing you to pause :lol

Like I say, "oh but u will only take two minutes to get the souls you lost" is besides the point. If you were able to pause it, then you wouldn't need to do that in the first place.

it isn't....

oh man, I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom