• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

Bayern Munich is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It's over, period. Bayern conceded away goals, and that's the end of their Champions League hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not Real fan drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Bayern. Bayern has nothing left, nothing they have can fix the deficit now created. There is no reason left for anyone, to invest in a German football. Except if they want to watch Klopp. Who will also come to Manchester United at some point.

Bayern took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to follow Bundesliga over the Premier League (except Guardiola LOL POSSESSION FOOTBALL), and the cavalcade of high possession that will be nice but won't create any chances is not going to salvage the bloated, overpassing behemoth that was Bayern Munich.

There may be some hardcore fans that stick around. Some did it for Leeds United too. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Bayern is done.

This never gets old :)

Into

More like...Xabi Alonsome during CL final

tumbleweed-o.gif

honestly the guy who hired pep should be fired. why try to change a system that just won u a treble. they obviously bought pep in to change the teams style but the style doesnt suit the players

Carbonox

Who will play instead of Alonso in the final? Ilarramendi? Isco? Khedira? Casemiro?

I think Real Madrid will be fine without him.

Turok_TTZ

The BBC is broadcasting and by all the gods the BBC delivered some bad news to the city of Munich: Real Madrid in the CL FINAL.

Carlo the first and this 2nd leg has been nothing short of a tactical mastermind. I was wrong about you after all.

after sunday and today, if Chelsea wins tomorrow and when we beat Juve thursday, it's gonna be the best 5 days of football this season.

honestly the guy who hired pep should be fired. why try to change a system that just won u a treble. they obviously bought pep in to change the teams style but the style doesnt suit the players

Heynkes age was the primary reason I think, and Guardiola was a free agent. Klopp would never move to them, they wanted a top manager for the future, and didn't want to pass up the chance to get one.

Whether it made sense for the players they had is another matter.

Marc

Haha, Ribery having a go at the ref at half time... that guy is a proper paedophile cunt isn't he.

Not even world class for me, Robben doesn't show up, Bayern doesn't show up.

Into

Bet Pep told them "do not embarrass yourselves further"

As in stop fucking slapping other players!

Alonso should just go mental and kick the shit out of them if they try anything, got nothing to lose

Regarding Tiki Taka is that most of this coaches using it have either adopted a system that isnt flexible, its great when it works, but it lacks the flexibility to adapt to situations when the oposite team parks the bus. And they(meaning teams like Spain, BC, Bayern) believe that somehow by pure magic the opposite team will never score as long as you posession, but its a sterile posession, a posession without chances, and the only way to open space is to let the other team have some posession; but this very idea of adapting and changing seens very foreign to tiki taka believers.

That's why Spain wont perform, thats why BC wont perform unless they do a rebuild of their ideas and team, same thing happenned to Sachi when he failed to adapt, Menotti, Capello, etc. They just dig their heels and die with their ideas even thou they no longer work.

Raptor

Yes, we have subs for this position, Casemiro, Illarra, Isco, etc, but is just not fair for Alonso god damn :(

Im talking like if we already are in the final, bayern could if they fire Pep and hire Heinkes in the locker room now they could score 6 or some shit.

HALA MADRID!

It makes no sense to me to keep any players out of a CL final unless they get a red card via two yellows or a straight red in the semis. They have played for months to reach this point, one shitty tackle and you miss the only chance you may ever have to play in the final (not using Alonso as an example)? It severely diminishes the game imo. I want the two best teams playing their best squads in the final, baring injury or egregious fouls.

Slizz

I feel like the goals so early deflated the potential amazingness of this thread. Bayern fans know whats up, Madrid fans rejoicing, neutrals neutraling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom