• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Guardian MBM
Dortmund took Madrid apart in that second leg by replying Madrid's counterattacks with their own. Bayern had even better tools in Robben and Ribery to employ the same strategy. The Bayern of last year won it all by adapting their strategy for each opponent. Pep has to learn to do the Sam's.

I agree, but these coaches willingly fail to get players that offer something different, look at Barcelona they refuse to get a #9 and refuse to sub Xavi even if he is playing super mega slow. Del Bosque failed with the same idea in the Confederations Cup against Brazil, and now Bayern.

Its football 101, if the opposite team is turtling, then wait for them, play a boring match if you have to where the midfield is nothing but fouls and lost balls, but wait for your chance.

Heynckes got that, Carletto uses a mix of catenaccio with sachi, where he adapts to the team and the oponnent, the system is not written in stone but the players offer flexibility to play in multiple positions.

thats why I am skeptical about the final and how can RM counterattack a team that uses the same tactic.

Meier

How much money do you think Pep will try and spunk on Thiago Silva or some other CBs this summer? Will Hummels resist going back home? Boateng and Dante got beat like a drum in the 1st half.

Marc

Fecking hell, the amount of chances Real have created, easy ones as well... imagine if they scored them all. Be something like 16-0 and Bayern have created sod all.

subtles

Come on then Jordan Ibe

Be a hero lad

tumblr_n38b14ywOy1qj5qufo4_250.gif

Goals are goals. Regardless how shit they are they win you games.
scoring a shit goal doesnt make u a great player though and according to cr7 fans he is an all time great which is complete bollocks. great finisher, good players. no where near great
You said Ronaldo chokes in big games.....

did u not see him sky his big chance in the 1st leg? or today when the score was 1-0 he had a 1v1 and couldnt take on 1 defender. he cant dribble for shit. he only scores tap ins in big games.

GQman2121

Banned
Please stop quoting Hategames. His comments are bad enough, but his lack of capitalization is just grating. Put him on ignore. I promise you're not missing anything.

panty

scoring a shit goal doesnt make u a great player though and according to cr7 fans he is an all time great which is complete bollocks. great finisher, good players. no where near great

did u not see him sky his big chance in the 1st leg? or today when the score was 1-0 he had a 1v1 and couldnt take on 1 defender. he cant dribble for shit. he only scores tap ins in big games.

Hahahah you're one of the worst alts I've seen.

Go away pls

come on know we all know Ronaldo has choked in big games, this isnt one of them but at the same time he isnt just a tapped in guy, he is not a Maradona he is a player with significant strength and speed, also he has one thing that players with the same qualities do not have.. Mentality.

Sometimes I dont get why people hate him or love inconditionably.

nawz

Banned

So you're telling me that every great player that has ever existed has always scored great goals? Not missed their chances irrespective of the difficulty? I don't even like Ronaldo but to get the ball in the back of the net you need to be at the time, some form of composure, finish and even luck amongst the many.

You honestly think in 50 years anyone is going to remember how he missed a one v one? They'll know him by numbers. The amount he scored. That's what it is.

Marc

Please stop quoting Hategames. His comments are bad enough, but his lack of capitalization is just grating. Put him on ignore. I promise you're not missing anything.

But... but... he hates games, and posts on a gaming forum... how can you ignore that? It is fascinating.

bayern's passing game is their own worst enemy.

could it... be... any... slower...

oh yes, just add Xavi Hernandez and you will have 40 passes in a row all in the mid field thou, back to DM, back to FB, back to Xavi, pass to Kross, pass back to Xavi...ZZZZZzzz

IceCold

Dude you are embarassing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom