• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
BmawUAJCIAAfrvm.jpg

Ronaldo is a fucking beast physically. Didn't think he'd be that much bigger than Keane, he looks fucking huge.

Will Guardiola get sacked?

he might just do next season if the team collapses like this again. they did still win the league but that much was obvious at the start of the season so not a great achievement. if he gets hammered by dortmund, which i hope dortmund do, then he could get the sack

subtles

Agree.

Bayern's players can't move the ball quickly enough. Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. They don't have players with that skillset - of that calibre I would say.

Guardiola's mistake has been trying to do the same. Thiago would have helped some I suppose, he can play at that intensity.

The collective intelligence of that side was magnificent. At their peak they were all on the same wavelength with three players able to keep the ball while being pressed by five or six.

While Bayern last year could impressively cover space, physically, very quickly Barca moved the ball at an even more frightening pace while seemingly not moving at all.

LTWheels

Ronaldo is a fucking beast physically. Didn't think he'd be that much bigger than Keane, he looks fucking huge.

I remember watching a rugby match on tv, me and my friend where laughing at how small this one player looked compared to everyone else on the pitch. We thought he was something like 5"6-5"8.

We looked him up and it turns out that he was 5"11 and the smallest on the pitch...

Football is the same now. Height advantage and physical size is important in the professional game. Small players are the exception, they have to be extremely talented to succeed.

subtles

Ancelotti equals the all-time record for most Champions cup finals reached as a coach shared by Miguel Muñoz, Marcello Lippi & Alex Ferguson.

Let's hope he doesn't suffer a reversal in the final.

Clegg

'Rooney concerned over possible appointment of Van Gaal due to his close relationship with Van Persie'.

Too bad fat boy.

Elchele

Only watched the first 15 minutes. Don't know if I should continue to watch the replay now, is it too painful?

Thankfully I saw all this coming. Anyone whose head wasn't too deep into Pep's ass, could have noticed how shit our team has been since Guardiola took over. We're basically LvG's Bayern all over again without a real defense.

Any how, congrats to pulga and the rest of RM-Gaf. Hugely deserved, the best team over the two legs by much. Good luck in the final, don't get Chelsea'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom