• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
I would go with Di Maria Modric Isco. Either team will hand us the ball, so Alonso's defensive work won't be missed that much. We just need the back 4 to be ready for those counters, and you can always count on Modric being everywhere at all times, just like Jesus.

I have a feeling Ancelotti will put Casemiro in though. After the horrific performance by Illaramendi against Dortmund I don't see much future for him in Real Madrid.

Illaramendi has only looked bad when Alonso is also playing. They are too similar and they cancel each other. He has been great when he has play alone with Modric.

I would go with Illaramendi over Isco or Casemiro, but I think any of those two can also do a good goob.

tri_willy

catching up on the posts and jesus christ almighty at some of the most ridiculous posts.

@hategames: hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahhaahahahahaha

i think you've just topped doicare

congrats realGAF, the team was stylin! bad luck bayernGAF, pep is cancerous.

ibxOUplvhuykqW.png

hiroshawn

Banned
So happy. I'm gonna clean up this weekend. I will win at least 1k this weekend easy. I'm my calculations are done.

Making my bets checking them twice, winning parlays while eating fried rice/
Parlay Prince is coming to town/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So now Ronald De Boer is talking up his brother joining Tottenham. Seems like it's going to happen.

hiro deserves a poem.

Parlay Prince, money maker
Unbeatable, record breaker
Laying the foundations
For future generations
Self made millionaire
Running FIFA simulations

Blablurn

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

He made some mistakes but who can blame him? It's his first year. And remember. Heynckes first year wasn't that good either with 3 second places in one year. Love Pep <3.

fuenf

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

He made some mistakes but who can blame him? It's his first year. And remember. Heynckes first year wasn't that good either with 3 second places in one year. Love Pep <3.

that's the spirit! at least the transfer window will be more exciting than previously thought...

He made some mistakes but who can blame him? It's his first year.

how Bayern plays this season is how they'll play every season while Pep is there. he has zero adaptability. Mou already showed this when he figured out Barca in Spain, Pep has a Plan A. if Plan A doesn't work, insist on Plan A.

Herr K

Banned
2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Come on, Bla. You can't be serious. Last season you were the best team in the world, a fucking goal-scoring machine. Pep destroyed you, and you now have a better squad than last season.

Last night you had over 60% of possession, and Pep could inject goal scoring ideas into the team. It's unforgivable!

Blablurn

Come on, Bla. You can't be serious. Last season you were the best team in the world, a fucking goal-scoring machine. Pep destroyed you, and you now have a better squad than last season.

Last night you had over 60% of possession, and Pep could inject goal scoring ideas into the team. It's unforgivable!

We won the league and Pep destroyed us? That's fucking populism. You can talk like this with elsk but not with me. I'm supporting Bayern all my life. And believe me. I went through rough times in the middle of the 2000s. Back then I was praying to reach the semi finals once.

You cannot win every game. And we're lucky that this tie wasnt already over after the game in Madrid.

Rationalism. I know it's much to ask for on the internet. But some really need it.

Fady K

Congrats to Real Madrid. That was a masterclass by Ancelotti, one of *the* best managers in the world IMO, and despite his achievements, he is underrated for me. I can't believe we sacked him after finishing 2nd in the league! One of my very least favorite moments as a Chelsea fan. Madrid can definitely win this final, they have the defense and their attack is beautiful. Their display yesterday is one that I hope inspires Chelsea's defensive play down the line.

As for Bayern, hard luck to the fans here. It was definitely an off-day for the team, I was surprised by how lacking the players were in every department, and on a good day they would have scored a couple of goals minimum. Pep still has the German Cup final against Dortmund to help Bayern get the double. I was surprised by the large number of people hating on Bayern yesterday, especially from the non-Madrid fans. I'm no Bayern fan myself, but if I was, I would have been afraid to set foot on this thread last night :p

As well as being our best player (by a comfortable distance) he was also a big dressing room leader. By all accounts he was the leader of the French contingent, so pretty much 70% of the squad. In regards to Pardew I really don't want him in charge past the end of this season, the only scary part about that is who we'd get to replace him. Logically going all out to get Moyes in would be great, but I really can't see him wanting to work with the limited funds and lack of ambition from the heirachy.

Was it money that mainly swayed Cabaye away from Newcastle? What other reasons lie behind the players' complete lack of motivation these days I wonder? It is a bad coincidence that the downslide came for them after Pardew headbutted meyler. I though things would get better when Joe left.

He was our best player by a country mile and crucial to any success we had in the first half of the season (and even during the season we finished 5th). Selling him and not getting a replacement fucked the team over completely. You can blame the players for not having a backbone and adjusting but some teams collapse when a crucial cog is no longer around, regardless how much the rest of the team try. Gosling ain't no Cabaye. We lacked any semblance of fluid play and went back to good old hoof ball the moment Yohan departed. Coupled with a ton of injuries (hurrdurrdoicare), it was a melting pot of gash.

The rest of the players failed to adjust, some of them probably thought fuck it (Debuchy no doubt as he's best friends with Cabaye and hasn't ruled out a move in the Summer) and planned their great escape in the Summer too.

It's baffling. That season we finished 5th and the first half of this season showed that we're capable of something. Not even Pardew can get shit right for a long period of time though. As if he forgets what he gets the players to do. Probably wakes up in the morning, has his weetabix and wonders what he forgot the previous day. "Oh well, long balls it is!"

Like I said, some ridiculous Graham Carr recommendations and we could find ourselves doing a Euro push again next season. Or, because of one wrong move we could find ourselves fighting relegation. We won't have useful players like Debuchy, Remy and Coloccini (though all 3 along with the majority of the other better performers tapered off) next season though most likely. :lol

That is the life is Newcastle United.

It is unfortunate how much one player's leave can do so much damage to a team. I was afraid this would be the case for Chelsea when Mata left. Pardew's got to come up with better tactics though based on their current weaknesses without Cabaye. The team needs to spend on a worthy successor to Cabaye, at least a potential successor. Sorry to see you going through such turbulent times with the club, the most important thing for this season is no matter how bad things get relegation will be impossible and this summer will hopefully give the club enough time to plan ahead and find necessary replacements.

So now Ronald De Boer is talking up his brother joining Tottenham. Seems like it's going to happen.

De Boer is really great though, with Van Gaal not happening De Boer is the next best thing, easily for me. Aside the odd 4-1 loss with Ajax at a cup final (I think it was a cup final), he has been consistently doing a great job with Ajax.

Herr K

Banned
But you didn't have real competition on the League, Bla. Bayern is, without a doubt, the best team in Bundesliga. You winning the league was expected, more so when we consider Borussia Dortmund is not the team it was a couple years ago.

Seeing a team like Bayern struggling to beat MOYES' United was painful to watch. The fact that you, having the great squad you have, were struggling against Moyes' team means something isn't right. And, considering your squad only got stronger on the transfer market, there's only one person you can blame, and that's Pep.

Blablurn

But you didn't have real competition on the League, Bla. Bayern is, without a doubt, the best team in Bundesliga. You winning the league was expected, more so when we consider Borussia Dortmund is not the team it was a couple years ago.

Seeing a team like Bayern struggling to beat MOYES' United was painful to watch. The fact that you, having the great squad you have, were struggling against Moyes' team means something isn't right. And, considering your squad only got stronger on the transfer market, there's only one person you can blame, and that's Pep.

Try to motivate a team that won everything. It's not that easy. Pep did it. Unfortunately something went wrong in March. And he is the person to blame.

Gambit

Gotta say, for some reason I feel relieved that Bayern is out. They needed to lose again to be shown how complacent they've become.

All in all, it'll still have been a great season. Every season has a down-phase. Unfortunately, Bayern's came now, not in November or so. Better luck next time.

Lewandowski
Götze - Kroos - Thiago- Robben
Lahm
Alaba - (?) - Boateng - Rode (?)
Neuer

Whatever the formation will be, I will be very happy to exchange Mandzukic for Lewandowski.

LegoArmo

I watched a video of rare Maradona footage the other day, and he looked out of this world. In terms of pure dribbling. He got hacked down in almost every clip, too.

Didn't have the pure goal scoring prowess of Messi, Ronaldo or Pele though.

No urgency in the way Bayern played last night when they 3 down they just kept knocking it around and that ain't gonna do nothing.

They have players who can just hit the bloody ball... but nooooooo gotta do them passes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pep did technicalleh fuck Bayern by winning them the league back in March. They've lost their rhythm and clank.

It's no coincidence that Shakhtar's and Zenit's form drops dramatically past the group stages.
Will stop him from becoming the all time top scorer at least. Honestly be a tragedy if he ever gets that record the fatty.
can you imagine, decades from now, little kids would be wiki-ing United and saying "DAMN grandmpa Viva was lucky to be alive during ROONEY's era. All we have now is Jesus Zahallah Moyes."

On paper, he's your greatest player ever.

Pep did technicalleh fuck Bayern by winning them the league back in March. They've lost their rhythm and clank.

It's no coincidence that Shakhtar's and Zenit's form drops dramatically past the group stages.

After getting 5 of the best football scientists and examining Bayern, Klopp knew it was 99.9% impossible to beat Bayern. Until one day he found a solution.

He then decided to beat his players with a bat. This is the fruit of his labor.

He has done it.

He has stopped Bayern's treble.

Herr K

Banned

I insist, Pep fucked Bayern because he's a shit coach. As Lambda said, he only has a Plan A. Tiki taka worked for him on Barca not only because it was new, but because he also had Xavi and Iniesta, both at their peaks, working for Messi. How could that turn out badly?

LegoArmo

If we get Van Gaal Rooney is actually gonna hand in another transfer request.

Third one :lol

Will stop him from becoming the all time top scorer at least. Honestly be a tragedy if he ever gets that record the fatty.

That's a good sign. Nut him van Gaal. Ferguson knew he had to go.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FDB's latest quote:

“Tottenham Hotspur should come with a nice perspective and a good offer to tempt me to leave Ajax.”

Well I guess that's that then. We may even have it wrapped up by the end of the season.

Arnie

Were I in your shoes I'd be fucking laughing.

FDB is a young manager with bold ideas and a big personality. He's just what your team needs, just like we needed Rodgers. I'd definitely prefer him to LVG.

Were I in your shoes I'd be fucking laughing.

FDB is a young manager with bold ideas and a big personality. He's just what your team needs, just like we needed Rodgers. I'd definitely prefer him to LVG.

LVG is fine.

All that Dutch meat suits us just fine.

subtles

People have been going on and on about the death of 'Tiki Taka' here and elsewhere.

How is spending hours in training drilling into teams how to keep the ball and use it with creativity and intelligence suddenly a bad idea? 'Tiki Taka' is at it's strongest when a team scores a goal or two, but is at it's weakest when the team concedes and/or the opponent line up denying space in the final third.

That problem isn't exclusive to Tiki Taka as every team finds breaking down opponents lined up around the box difficult, but it is the most common strategy to provoke that kind of tactical response.

What Pep need to find is what every team needs to find; a creative, collective solution to beating disciplined and superb defending that utilizes a large number of players to deny the opponent space.

Arnie

People have been going on and on about the death of 'Tiki Taka' here and elsewhere.

How is spending hours in training drilling into teams how to keep the ball and use it with creativity and intelligence suddenly a bad idea? 'Tiki Taka' is at it's strongest when a team scores a goal or two, but is at it's weakest when the team concedes and/or the opponent line up denying space in the final third.

That problem isn't exclusive to Tiki Taka as every team finds breaking down opponents lined up around the box difficult, but it is the most common strategy to provoke that kind of tactical response.

What Pep need to find is what every team needs to find; a creative, collective solution to beating disciplined and superb defending.
Agreed.

Having the ability to dominate a game at will with just the ball and your team shape is invaluable. If you can coach that trait into your squad amongst others then you'll become unstoppable.

There are periods in the match when you just need to shut things down and starve the opponent of oxygen for a fight back. This is when 'tiki taka' is at it's most effective, although I hate calling it that.

Kosma

Banned
You guys do realize that FDB, LVG and PEP all have the same fucking style no?

That said FDB is a nice guy and he did win us 4 championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom