• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

david luiz

top player

tXwL4hD.png

Kosma

Banned
Yes.

Although there's no fucking way LVG gets United to play that way. Cursed, rot-filled plank of clank that lot. They're like a blob of hair that no matter how you try and style it always falls into a natural bowl of 4-4-2.

He will try though.

Fady K

Ramires and Luiz, what can go wrong?

I reckon Willian will start regardless of his yellow card.

Oh boy. Worried about Ramires in particular, as Luiz can be a superhero sometimes at that position.

How on Earth did Mingolet drop so far? I thought he'd have been second best keeper this season after Cech.

Yeah... Well well, lets pray Ramires isn't a dumb fuck tonight. Can't believe he only just barely got back from his suspension against Villa to elbow some Sunderland cunt, he missed nearly all the last games now in the league.

Hmmm, what are the odds of Ramires being a responsible player for a change? Has been a while. He is by far the highest "fouler" in CFC this season.

I am not the biggest fan of Ramires but don't forget he was the hero of our last CL semi final
ramires.gif

That was Ramires at his epic best. He was unbelievable that season. He also scored the first goal against Liverpool in the FA Cup final and provided the amazing assist for Drogba's first against Napoli as well as aided *GREATLY* towards Ivanovic's killer goal that took us to the quarter-finals. He also assisted Drogba's goal against Barca at the bridge.

RAMIRES WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU MAN?

Razgreez

all things considered, i think it's pretty impressive pep got bayern playing like they are with the players they have. with that said, to fully execute his playing style, he's going to need to bring in new players.

dante and boateng are not suited for this system. they're not good enough; they can't pass the ball around in the required tempo, and they're slow and immobile.

players like lahm, javi, schweinsteiger, muller, and kroos simply aren't creative enough to come up with solutions in the smallest of spaces. thiago alone isn't going to make a massive difference. robben and ribery keep running into a wall due to the incredibly low ball circulation in midfield. what they do well is that they do manage to keep the ball--but that's about it, really. sideways passing galore.

mandzukic is awful, and like so many other players, doesn't fit into the system. his replacement will be an improvement at least.

This is insanity... Bayern should never become "Pep's Bayern". Unlike MUFC, which became "Fergusson's MUFC", or "Pep's Barca", Bayern has always had its own identity and his been strongest when it has stuck to the strengths of the players. Van Gaal was another who attempted to shape Bayern in his own image and it resulted in failure as well (props to him for refocussing on youth development though)

Acquire (when possible) the best players (hopefully at the lowest prices) in the required positions and utilise their superiority to achieve victory - this is why Heynckes was successful with this self same team - he recognised Bayern's weakness and addressed them. This is why I was almost completely certain, that we would win everything last year - we were just the best team everywhere (our CBs were never the best but combined with our DMs there was no equal). This is why I'm sure that had Pep stuck to playing the right players in the right positions he might have lost but never have suffered such hapless humiliation.

Fans are fickle, supporters less so and as a Bayern supporter I have never had "faith" in Pep since, as a Bayern coach, he has yet to earn it. He's toying with the team has definitely done more harm than good and the thing with Bayern is, you don't get much time to redeem yourself so he'd best lose his stubbornness and accept that as much as the team needs to adapt to his style, he has to adapt to the fact that Bayern has never been and will never be his Barca. A complete team overhaul is not going to happen since it's illogical and unnecessary. Bayern still has more collective squad quality than any other team.

Also, calling players like Mandzukic awful, yeah somebody does not watch the Bundesliga. I favoured keeping Gomez (thankfully I was wrong due to his recent spate of injuries) over Mandzukic but awful he most certainly is not.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guardiola is a liar though - that we can all agree on.

Said he'd adapt to Bayern.

Lies. I don't trust anything he says now.

Yes.

I've just seen last night's highlights.

Madrid looked great.

Ribery is a fucking pussy, and a cunt. That's as bad a reaction as I've seen on a football pitch when it comes to being a sore loser. And the little prick thought he deserved best player in the world hahaha. Get fucked, you kiddie fiddling frenchie.

BG4DuP5CEAEzKPZ.jpg

how DARE he?

Blablurn

I didnt like how childish Mandzu behaved yesterday. Always attacking the Real players. Should have used his power for the game and not for attacking other players. Gonna be interesting how we will integrate Lewa next year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If FDB comes then Vertonghen won't be going anywhere, I'm sure he'd pull his finger out.

Nobody is going to pay £25m anyway for someone who's been as shit as him this year.

bud

This is insanity... Bayern should never become "Pep's Bayern". Unlike MUFC, which became "Fergusson's MUFC", or "Pep's Barca", Bayern has always had its own identity and his been strongest when it has stuck to the strengths of the players. Van Gaal was another who attempted to shape Bayern in his own image and it resulted in failure as well (props to him for refocussing on youth development though)

Acquire (when possible) the best players (hopefully at the lowest prices) in the required positions and utilise their superiority to achieve victory - this is why Heynckes was successful with this self same team - he recognised Bayern's weakness and addressed them. This is why I was almost completely certain, that we would win everything last year - we were just the best team everywhere (our CBs were never the best but combined with our DMs there was no equal). This is why I'm sure that had Pep stuck to playing the right players in the right positions he might have lost but never have suffered such hapless humiliation.

Fans are fickle, supporters less so and as a Bayern supporter I have never had "faith" in Pep since, as a Bayern coach, he has yet to earn it. He's toying with the team has definitely done more harm than good and the thing with Bayern is, you don't get much time to redeem yourself so he'd best lose his stubbornness and accept that as much as the team needs to adapt to his style, he has to adapt to the fact that Bayern has never been and will never be his Barca. A complete team overhaul is not going to happen since it's illogical and unnecessary. Bayern still has more collective squad quality than any other team.

Also, calling players like Mandzukic awful, yeah somebody does not watch the Bundesliga. I favoured keeping Gomez (thankfully I was wrong due to his recent spate of injuries) over Mandzukic but awful he most certainly is not.

oh, you think the bundesliga is your ally. but you merely adopted the league.

i was born in it, molded by it.

Jack cw

I didnt like how childish Mandzu behaved yesterday. Always attacking the Real players. Should have used his power for the game and not for attacking other players. Gonna be interesting how we will integrate Lewa next year.

He couldnt do anything, because the squad refused to play a cross into Reals box.
I hate to say it, but elsk is a prophet.

I think there are different ways to win a match. You do whatever offers opportunity. If we all played the same way, it'd be boring. It's beautiful when there are different approaches. To defend well is not easy. Neither is attacking. Football is a fluid game. Nobody has the absolute right answer.

To go the English leaders, win 2-0, with so many players out... [we are facing] a super-competitive squad.

Dat Simeone.

finished mgs again for the umpteenth time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

I've started playing the MGS collection on vita, completely forgot how great those games are. MGS1 is more expensive than the HD collection on PSN lol.

bud

I've started playing the MGS collection on vita, completely forgot how great those games are. MGS1 is more expensive than the HD collection on PSN lol.

i bought the hd collection a few days ago because of the discount.

haha, that is really expensive, but i still have the original which is in mint condition.

opened the booklet for the first time in years. it still has that brand new smell...
ibe2Sdiv03u6yK.png

"Edinson believes he will be a perfect fit in England. He knows that United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all interested and would be happy to talk to any of them. But he also knows United seem the most keen and that is a factor."

iOFDY3EGYr41N.png

i bought the hd collection a few days ago because of the discount.

haha, that is really expensive, but i still have the original which is in mint condition.

opened the booklet for the first time in years. it still has that brand new smell...
ibe2Sdiv03u6yK.png

I got my oriignal copy too (in everything but great condition), but I don't actually have a working PS1 and can't be bothered setting up PS2. Need that PSN release.

Any idea why Brendan was playing narrow too...?

Gerrard is our only player with a good, consistent cross, the box was too congested for low crosses, and we don't have the players to exploit high crosses.

Obviously should have played it out wide more often though just to stretch play before switiching it back into the centre and trying to exploit the space created.

Just a poorly planned tactical performance all round. B-Rod will learn from it, but it couldn't have come at a worse time. Drawing would have been fine given the way Chelsea performed their tactics to perfection, but we never really looked solid at the back either.

Cairnsay

Banned
Dan Gosling - "Cardiff is like our cup final"

:lol

Wee club

This is what it has come to, at least Gosling is trying to get himself excited for it.

Also I assume the 'Wee club' was a reference to when SAF said that. He himself apologised for that and admitted it was bullshit. Don't get me wrong I am under no illusion that we are a big club, but thanks the fan base and the size of the stadium we are just one Russian oil billionaire/Arab consortium away from it.

bud

"Edinson believes he will be a perfect fit in England. He knows that United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all interested and would be happy to talk to any of them. But he also knows United seem the most keen and that is a factor."

iOFDY3EGYr41N.png

I got my oriignal copy too (in everything but great condition), but I don't actually have a working PS1 and can't be bothered setting up PS2. Need that PSN release.

you don't have a ps3 anymore? or did you put it away?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Trying to hurt the GOAT

kill

kill

Hahahahaha

and he keeps getting away with it somehow. Is it because he's too ugly and the refs feel bad for him?

Meier was right, your face needs to be marketable to win a Ballon d'Or.

Fabio-Cannavaro.jpg

Mourinho: You know, in this moment, football is full of philosophers. It's full of people who understand much more than me. Is full of people with fantastic theoretical philosophies. Amazing. But the reality is always the reality.

A team that doesn't defend well doesn't have many chances to win. A team that doesn't score lots of goals, if it concedes lots of goals is completely in trouble. A team without balance is not a team. And after that, I can't say much more than this.

When Atletico has the ball we have to defend. When we have the ball we have to attack. When they hae the ball we have to try to stop them from scoring. When we have the ball we want to try to score. And this is the football that I know, Opponent has the ball, you have to work. Defensively, you have to be organised. You have the ball you have to try to play, according to the qualities of your players and according to the qualities of your opponent.

You know, I remember to say in my first period here, if you have a goalkeeper like Petr Cech that puts the ball in the opponents' box. If you have a striker like Didier Drogba that wins every ball in the air, why do you play short? Because you are stupid. If your opponent is very fast in counter-attack and they want space behind your defensive line, if you give them that space, you are stupid.

So when a team plays strategically and thinks about the qualities of his team and the qualities of the opponent, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago... good team. Intelligent team. In this moment, depending on the coach and the club, obviously, the critics, they speak. But, no problem.

you don't have a ps3 anymore? or did you put it away?

Oh yeah forgot that plays PS1 games too. But meh, don't want to play that on my tv either. I WANT IT ON MY VITA OK. and I don't want to turn on my PS3.

Wilbur

Banned
I cant wait for Wooden's angry posts when we sign Cavani and half of us say we don't even want him

It's going to be extraordinary

Feorax

iOFDY3EGYr41N.png

Edinson "Luis should leave Liverpool to play in the CL" Cavani?

Such a cunt.

Fady K

Hi.

What about David De Gea, the best goalkeeper in the world.

De Gea was incredible as well, best player at United this season by a margin. A very close third for me. I still think Courtois is far better though with the amount of incredible saves he had to make all season. But De Gea is one of the best, definitely.

Terrible defence. Let in too many goals. Can't fault him for most of them, but that doesn't matter on whoscored.

And he hasn't.

Much of the time it definitely ain't his fault. I don't fault him for either of Chelsea's goals too.

and he was playing RB at this time of the match. :lol

It's a 50/50 honestly. The team that scores first will go through I feel like.

That, my friend, is how good he used to be. He is by far the most frustrating Chelsea player to watch these days. The amount of bad decisions he makes kills me >_>

Even if CFC score first I don't think they would be safe at all, they need to remember that Barca game from 09 very, very well.

Wilbur

Banned
and he keeps getting away with it somehow. Is it because he's too ugly and the refs feel bad for him?

Meier was right, your face needs to be marketable to win a Ballon d'Or.

He really is breathtakingly ugly. He looks like something the goblins left behind in Moria. He has taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold him for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... He is coming.

franck-ribery_2267216.jpg

i remembered that passage off by heart, how embarrassing

confuziz

Banned
PSG isn't going to sell anyone. They don't need to.

You guys are forgetting the players are still employees and the employer decides what is going to happen to a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom