• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
mj-laughing.gif

Their standards are low, they got Boateng.

Woah, hey now.

I will force him to re-join Serie A and Palermo, together with Uncle Zamparini.

PSG isn't going to sell anyone. They don't need to.

You guys are forgetting the players are still employees and the employer decides what is going to happen to a player.

Of course they don't need to. But they could very well be wanting to, especially if he continuous to moan and say he wants to go away. It's PSG after all, so they could get lots of other strikers of around the same quality.

bud

he has taken the bridge and the second hall hahaha

why is quoting shit from films and books and applying it too football related stuff so hilarious

Fady K

United would need to shell out around 60 million for Cavani I think. They're one of the richest clubs in the world, I'm sure they can get him.

Dat Simeone.

I've started playing the MGS collection on vita, completely forgot how great those games are. MGS1 is more expensive than the HD collection on PSN lol.

I highly respect Simeone for what he said. Though he was a bit of a punk in the first leg with all his card waving bullcrap. (Sucks from any manager honestly, I can understand it though when it is a definite red for instance that is missed.)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He really is breathtakingly ugly. He looks like something the goblins left behind in Moria. He has taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold him for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... He is coming.

http://shinguardian.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/franck-ribery_2267216.jpg?w=556&h=314img]

[spoiler]i remembered that passage off by heart, how embarrassing[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
it's mostly his horrific teeth.

and he's rich as fuck, what the hell is he waiting for?

Clegg

Mark Ogden says Giggs is "surprised and confused" that he isn't in the picture for the United job.

Sorry Giggseh. This job isn't for you.

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

fuck bayern

LegoArmo

Mark Ogden says Giggs is "surprised and confused" that he isn't in the picture for the United job.

Sorry Giggseh. This job isn't for you.

Getting a bit sick of it. What happened to working your way up and proving yourself as a coach instead of just being handed a job?

I mean his first season as a coach hasn't gone particularly well, has it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What?! I'm not into feet man, it's very rarely that a foot is not a turn off, the second ugliest thing on the body right after knees.

Haha I believe you.

your 30 MB gifs did raise a Carlo eyebrow though.

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Is that LoTR? God what a fucking boring trilogy. I loved the idea of LoTR but not execution.

pappe

At least we had the excuse of already have won the League...
This time a class opposition destroyed us because they were prefectly coached to our many weak spots.

Just like how it happened against Dortmund when they beat you 3-0 and also like how Real beat you in the first leg.

Why hasnt Pep changed his gameplan when the same thing has happened 3 times and also happened against City and Arsenal and almost against United but didnt because Welbeck decided to try to be Messi and fail spectacularly.

kmax

My thoughts on the two legs.

I think that we were mentally prepared for Bayern to adapt to a similar play style that we're so used to against Barca, and we subsequently adapted to that by keeping a low defensive line with fast counters. Real Madrid preys on fast counters, and with Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Benzema and what have you, the slow possession football we faced fits our style perfectly. It's taken a while for the team to find balance versus that kind of play, as we lost both legs to Barca in the league, but as the season's progressed, Ancelotti has masterfully deployed that fast strategic system versus that kind of play.

Also, the difference between the two I think was the hunger. We haven't won the Champion's League in 12 years, and since we're essentially not going to win the league, la decima is the one thing that has been on our minds lately. There is nothing we want to win more than that, and the difference between then and now is that we have the perfect set up of players that let us play the kind of football that we love to play, spearheaded by the strategic genius that is Carlo Ancelotti.

Bayern's very much in a transition stage, where they're still adapting and trying to find their rhythm under Pep. I think the possession football that Pep brought with him works great when it works, but has a tendency to stagnate when it doesn't, which we saw over the two legs. It doesn't empathize on the defence, but is dependent on the middle and upper parts of the field, leaving the back vulnerable for counters. We've seen this multiple times this season from teams, not only against Bayern, but also against Barca. I think it has become a victim of its own success in a way after its domination in football these last few years, and it needs to be refined. A hybrid of both, I think would be absolutely lethal.

As a Madrid fan, I'm obviously very happy that we're in the final. We've choked in Europe so many years, especially versus German teams who have thrown us out year after year, so to win over them this year and reach the final is wonderful. I'm very happy with my team this year, and I look forward to play either Chelsea or Atletico this final, although if I could choose, I'd rather meet Atletico, simply because they're the team to beat this season.

Anyway, thanks Bayern-GAF. You have a fantastic fan base and a great team, and I have absolutely no doubt that you'll come back crushing it next season. I think some lessons have been learned.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My thoughts on the two legs.

I think that we were mentally prepared for Bayern to adapt to a similar play style that we're so used to against Barca, and we subsequently adapted to that by keeping a low defensive line with fast counters. Real Madrid preys on fast counters, and with Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Benzema and what have you, the slow possession football we faced fits our style perfectly. It's taken a while for the team to find balance versus that kind of play, as we lost both legs to Barca in the league, but as the season's progressed, Ancelotti has masterfully deployed that fast strategic system versus that kind of play.

Also, the difference between the two I think was the hunger. We haven't won the Champion's League in 12 years, and since we're essentially not going to win the league, la decima is the one thing that has been on our minds lately. There is nothing we want to win more than that, and the difference between then and now is that we have the perfect set up of players that let us play the kind of football that we love to play, spearheaded by the strategic genius that is Carlo Ancelotti.

Bayern's very much in a transition stage, where they're still adapting and trying to find their rhythm under Pep. I think the possession football that Pep brought with him works great when it works, but has a tendency to stagnate when it doesn't, which we saw over the two legs. It doesn't empathize on the defence, but is dependent on the middle and upper parts of the field, leaving the back vulnerable for counters. We've seen this multiple times this season from teams, not only against Bayern, but also against Barca. I think it has become a victim of its own success in a way after its domination in football these last few years, and it needs to be refined. A hybrid of both, I think would be absolutely lethal.

As a Madrid fan, I'm obviously very happy that we're in the final. We've choked in Europe so many years, especially versus German teams who have thrown us out year after year, so to win over them this year and reach the final is wonderful. I'm very happy with my team this year, and I look forward to play either Chelsea or Atletico this final, although if I could choose, I'd rather meet Atletico, simply because they're the team to beat this season.

Anyway, thanks Bayern-GAF. You have a fantastic fan base and a great team, and I have absolutely no doubt that you'll come back crushing it next season. I think some lessons have been learned.

Carlo_Ancelotti_769699a.jpg

The first manager to win three?

I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

have a nice life

I respect your disagreement.

Pachimari

Gonna be nice seeing who we're gonna meet in Lisbon on May 24.

Mou or Atletico, I really don't care much, I just want to beat both of them.

LegoArmo

I don't really care who wins. The game will be close. I don't think Atletico can actually win in the final against Real though, so maybe a slight preference towards Chelsea.

Well we got spanked off Spurs remember. Though we didn't deserve to lose to Everton.

Palace have had a better April but our last three games have been stunning.

Turning those 2 games from the games which get you relegated, into the games which keep you up (hopefully) is incredible.

De Gea was incredible as well, best player at United this season by a margin. A very close third for me. I still think Courtois is far better though with the amount of incredible saves he had to make all season. But De Gea is one of the best, definitely.

Much of the time it definitely ain't his fault. I don't fault him for either of Chelsea's goals too.

That, my friend, is how good he used to be. He is by far the most frustrating Chelsea player to watch these days. The amount of bad decisions he makes kills me >_>

Even if CFC score first I don't think they would be safe at all, they need to remember that Barca game from 09 very, very well.
You think Mignolet and Cech were better than De Gea this season.

M8.

Zero errors in the league. ZERO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are we in Pot 2 with BVB? I'd love to get them in the group.

Barca, BVB and Liverpool. Let's go baby!

yes, I'm okay with Bukkake league again.

Who knows, but If someone can, it's Ancelotti. I think the league's gone though. Atletico are just too good this season.

Carlo is overachieving in the league tbf :lol. He's brilliant in Europe though innit ;)

Fady K

Who knows, but If someone can, it's Ancelotti. I think the league's gone though. Atletico are just too good this season.

Don't forget their last game is against Barcelona, if they win against Atleti, Madrid wins I reckon. Definitely not gone IMO.

Jack cw

@Bayern-GAF, what do you reckon will happen in the summer, and will any plans have changed because of the way you went out of the CL

No, they will trust in Guardiola. He might get pressure from the board to do something agsinst the counters and maybe Pep rethinks his tactics and starts playing a style that fits the players. It will also depend on the Cup final against Dortmund. If we get crushed there, then we will spend another 100 million on new players. What will happen is a class CB and another ZM. What has to happen is finding a role for Götze and a proper replacement for Ribery. In the end the focus will be on Pep and his tactics. If we get embarrassed another time like this, he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom