• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Do I think Cech was better than De Gea this season? Absolutely. Though Mignolet did have some costly errors, I recall De Gea did too actually.

The mistakes are hardly costly when you are fighting for nothing.

DeGea is great. One of the big reasons United weren't in much bigger trouble this season.

Pachimari

850635995.gif

Love this beast of a player.

Also, the two best revelations this season are most definitely Pepe and Di María, wow have they improved tons! Love them.

EDIT:
Forgot Benzema. I were so tired of him but this season, he have been immense and should be our first choice striker next season as well. I see no need for a Luis Suarez, Falcao or Cavani.

don't get too attached to him, he's leaving you in a year or two. ;p
I don't mind. Were a happy club who let our players achieve their dreams. We don't steal players or hold them hostage.

Do I think Cech was better than De Gea this season? Absolutely. Though Mignolet did have some costly errors, I recall De Gea did too actually.
Zero.

That means none.

I don't understand.

He had one all season in the League Cup.

That's it. Anyway we were crap this year so it doesn't matter but there's no way in hell those two were better than him this season. It's not possible.

Clegg

It's noticeable that Ronaldo has lost some speed. He's not slow by any means but in his United days he was properly rapid.

mr.negative strikes again

such wonderful lives

No, I'm actually genuinely excited to see what a train wreck it will be. Abrams will work his magic.

It's noticeable that Ronaldo has lost some speed. He's not slow by any means but in his United days he was properly rapid.

Sure, he has changed into a very different player tbh. Not a dumb decision if he wants to continue playing well into his 30's, learning to rely on other stuff than your pace.i

Fady K

Glad to see you posting more, Fady.

Thanks Lego, it has been a while since I posted more than a couple of posts in one day. Hope you are well mate :)

We don't win.

Atletico have to lose points against Malaga or Levante.

I could see them draw one of the two.

José Mourinho;110063935 said:
Such composure and ability from a man lacking both.

Well said Kyle.

The mistakes are hardly costly when you are fighting for nothing.

DeGea is great. One of the big reasons United weren't in much bigger trouble this season.

Sure, he is great indeed. Like I said, United's best player even this season, easily. He did make a costly mistake that would have sent them to the final of the Capital One Cup though. Not that it's the biggest of cups but hey, it's a decent cup.

Hixx

You think Mignolet and Cech were better than De Gea this season.

M8.

Zero errors in the league. ZERO.

Mannone has been the best.

Highest save percentage in the league, faces loads of shots. Has won us points in huge matches, only one error I can remember. Excellent distribution, excellent at claiming crosses. 9 clean sheets (out of 25 games! That'd be 14 over a season, equivalent to teams in top 6 not bottom 3) despite playing for a team that has spent about 90% of the season in the bottom 3. 5 MoM awards in 25 appearances.

Pachimari

And looking back, these two guys meant business when arriving in Munich.

tumblr_n4te5kK0Cn1sfbz2qo1_r1_500.gif

Sergio Ramos were boss and Carvajal has a very bright future ahead of him, locking a Ballon D'or candidate out of the game for 180 minutes.

And I'll keep saying it. I wouldn't change Pepe and Sergio Ramos pairing for any other defense.

WJD

Fady you're objectively wrong on this one.

De Gea, Mannone and Marshall have all been better than Cech and Mignolet this season.

Mannone has been the best.

Highest save percentage in the league, faces loads of shots. Has won us points in huge matches, only one error I can remember. Excellent distribution, excellent at claiming crosses. 9 clean sheets (out of 25 games! That'd be 14 over a season, equivalent to teams in top 6 not bottom 3) despite playing for a team that has spent about 90% of the season in the bottom 3. 5 MoM awards in 25 appearances.
Yep Mannone has been very very good too.

Those two honestly weren't even close to being the best.

Salvadora

Remember when Don Vito Mannone was an absolute joke?

Was happy to see him have a solid run of games for Arsenal and then blossom at Sunderland.

@Viva and Clegg

we did steal Pogba from Le Havre innit

Big hearts and grinta, but brains as small as Guardiola's balls.
No?

His dad got a job in Manchester and his kid came to play for the local club.

Don't spread lies. I know you're getting the 30th title but calma.

WJD

Suarez should win this year's balon D'Or no?

So far Ronaldo's probably the front runner. Don't think the winner is necessarily dependant on the WC as Messi has proven, but it'll certainly help if there's a real standout.

Januzaj

Fady K

I don't mind. Were a happy club who let our players achieve their dreams. We don't steal players or hold them hostage.

Zero.

That means none.

I don't understand.

He had one all season in the League Cup.

That's it. Anyway we were crap this year so it doesn't matter but there's no way in hell those two were better than him this season. It's not possible.

I thought Cech was better *shrugs*. Still think De Gea was United's best player this season though : )

Pennywise

We will get Reus regardless of the cup final. Bayern wont let Dortmund have a world class player in their squad.

You mean that Reus that decided to play for Dortmund when he had the chance to play for Bayern ?

Anyway, you should let Götze play as 10, he and Lewa already know how to play together and it would be a waste to bench Götze.

Neuer
Lahm Boateng/Dante/Badstuber new CB Alaba

Martinez/L.Bender? Schweinsteiger/Kroos
Robben/Müller Götze Cunt
Lewandowski

Would be the ideal situation.

Pachimari

just look at his hair man

Haha, he might have the look of a maniac at times. But it's all good-hearted. :D

Waiting for tonight's match, I came to think, who are people's favorite players in general? Like a top 5 list - not to distract too much from the football discussions in here. Just curious to see where people are standing. :)

Jack cw

You mean that Reus that decided to play for Dortmund when he had the chance to play for Bayern ?

Anyway, you should let Götze play as 10, he and Lewa already know how to play together and it would be a waste to bench Götze.

Reus was smart because he knew that he wont play in the starting 11 with Ribery and Robben at their prime. Things have changed though and many things will be decided after the cup final and if we get another beating.

Götze in a possession system as CAM is totally wasted. That guy is the best when he is in counter play and mostly coming from the wing. Müller is by far the more efficient player in offensive midfield. If Pep shows some balls he might get Ribery out and Götze on the wing. But right now, the system doesnt fit Götzes playstyle.

Hixx

Ok, thanks for correcting me mate. I had a feeling my opinion was wrong.

Fady pls

Have some conviction. You are wrong but you are a MAN. NEVER ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG EVEN IF IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CUNT!

See: Wilbur. A hairless man, but a man nonetheless.

GQman2121

Banned
Guardiola's swift depreciation in Munich is just as odd as Gigg's being touted as a legit contender to the thrown in Manchester.

Are we as football fans really this narrow minded? There are normal responses to have both positive and negative depending on results. But the swiftness and reactionary ways supporters are leaning on both these guys is a bit absurd.

I'm talking about the supporters in general; not any one person here. I think we're all pretty levelheaded give or take a few obvious shit stirrers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom