• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Fady pls

Have some conviction. You are wrong but you are a MAN. NEVER ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG EVEN IF IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CUNT!

See: Wilbur. A hairless man, but a man nonetheless.

Wilbert has the big hairless cojones

I've seen them

Hixx

I would like to congratulate Viva, WJD and Laboured for a very, very professional post. They came here with one objective and they did it very well. :p

What are you talking about? Pass me the ball.

I've lost a lot of respect for you now Fady. Sarcasm is a tool for wankers.

See: Wilbur. A hairless wanker, but a wanker nonetheless.

pappe

Haha, he might have the look of a maniac at times. But it's all good-hearted. :D

Waiting for tonight's match, I came to think, who are people's favorite players in general? Like a top 5 list - not to distract too much from the football discussions in here. Just curious to see where people are standing. :)

Footygafs 5 fav players

1) John Terry
2) Suarez
3) Ribery
4) Wayne Rooney.
5) Xavi.

Special mentions to Alba and Busquets.

Cappa

Banned
WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE

47celebracin-de-cristiano-ronaldo-por-el-rcord-de-15-goles-en-una-sola-temporada-de-champions.gif

so are you coming with me to lisboa or not?????????????

WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE

47celebracin-de-cristiano-ronaldo-por-el-rcord-de-15-goles-en-una-sola-temporada-de-champions.gif

I doubted you were still alive.

I've lost a lot of respect for you now Fady. Sarcasm is a tool for wankers.

See: Wilbur. A hairless wanker, but a wanker nonetheless.

Yep, never admit defeat. Even if you realize you fucked up just afterwards you just move the goalposts and act like that was the argument all along (see Elsk and G-Unit). It works great cause no matter what the counter part will say, you just keep talking shit about something different and act like you're winning the argument. It's all about the attitude, not your argumentation.'

Wilbur is no wanker, he is a legend among footygaf.

As someone who has actually seen videos of him wanking...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Like a top 5 list - not to distract too much from the football discussions in here. Just curious to see where people are standing. :)

Ah okay!

-Ryan Giggs
-Scholes
-Nedved
-Del Piero
-Baggio

Honorouable mentions: Pirlo, Beckham, Paolo Maldini, Paolo Montero, Buffon, Raul, Davids, Stevie G, Lampard....way too many so I'll just stop

Jack cw

Guardiola's swift depreciation in Munich is just as odd as Gigg's being touted as a legit contender to the thrown in Manchester.

Are we as football fans really this narrow minded? There are normal responses to have both positive and negative depending on results. But the swiftness and reactionary ways supporters are leaning on both these guys is a bit absurd.

I'm talking about the supporter in general; not any one person here. I think we're all pretty levelheaded give or take a few obvious shit stirrers.

Because of disappointment.
Things will be relevated after a few days but even as a die hard supporter you cant ignore what went wrong and that has to be pointed out. Nobody wants to see heads rolling. Out in a CL semi or a year without CL are no reason to question everything. But mistakes were done and some of them were inrcedibly big.

Pennywise

Reus was smart because he knew that he wont play in the starting 11 with Ribery and Robben at their prime. Things have changed though and many things will be decided after the cup final and if we get another beating.

Götze in a possession system as CAM is totally wasted. That guy is the best when he is in counter play and mostly coming from the wing. Müller is by far the more efficient player in offensive midfield. If Pep shows some balls he might get Ribery out and Götze on the wing. But right now, the system doesnt fit Götzes playstyle.

Reus would have played regardless of Ribery/Robben.
He can play any offensive position, and he is the type to actually fit into the role of false 9, you know the position Pep wanted Götze for.
He's far more effective and dangerous then Ribery/Robben :)

Götze can work with both enviroments, the problem is Cuntzukic.
Even though he isn't bad, Götze would know how to combine with Lewa without any room.
Yeah, he is also pretty effective as winger, but since Bayern isn't playing fast enough he should play as CAM, where Müller is nowhere near Götze.
Müller lacks the technique,creativity and precision that Götze has with limited space.

Haha, he might have the look of a maniac at times. But it's all good-hearted. :D

Waiting for tonight's match, I came to think, who are people's favorite players in general? Like a top 5 list - not to distract too much from the football discussions in here. Just curious to see where people are standing. :)

Well sicne you did say favorite and not the best I will include a bunch of Copenhagen players.

Linderoth
Allbäck
Grønkjær
Drogba
Miccoli

Pachimari

Ah okay!

-Ryan Giggs
-Scholes
-Nedved
-Del Piero
-Baggio

Honorouable mentions: Pirlo, Beckham, Paolo Maldini, Paolo Montero, Buffon, Raul, Davids, Stevie G, Lampard....way too many so I'll just stop

Actually good point. I realize I had way too many to list as well. :D

Jack cw

Reus would have played regardless of Ribery/Robben.
He can play any offensive position, and he is the type to actually fit into the role of false 9, you know the position Pep wanted Götze for.
He's far more effective and dangerous then Ribery/Robben :)

Götze can work with both enviroments, the problem is Cuntzukic.
Even though he isn't bad, Götze would know how to combine with Lewa without any room.
Yeah, he is also pretty effective as winger, but since Bayern isn't playing fast enough he should play as CAM, where Müller is nowhere near Götze.
Müller lacks the technique,creativity and precision that Götze has with limited space.

If only things were that easy.
Heynckes was coach at that time and he never rotated that much, so the playtime of Reus would have been the same that Shaqiri had. The only reason Reus didnt sign at Bayern was because of this. Dortmund offered him a better perspective and therefore the smartest decision.

We will see about Lewandowski. Pep wont change his possession 4-3-3, so he has to sacrifice either Müller or Kroos to have Götze on the 10 and Lewandowski in front. If that doesnt work, then its going to be a hard time for Götze. Müller has a unique ability to go into spaces that lead him to arkward goal moments but thats why he is so great. Technique and skill isnt all. The system the player is playing has to fit. There is a reason why players are better or worse in different systems. And we are back at the begining of the discussion: Pep has to find a balance.

Which is why it's happening. We didn't need Berbatov or RVP either but we went spent a ton of money on them. As long as Fergie and his disciples are with the club we will never address the midfield.

But those were both very willing to join you, a clearly better club. Cavani plays for PSG, gets CL (which he was out saying Suarez should leave Liverpool to get) and he can pick and chose between a bunch that will want him, that also plays in CL and aren't in the middle of squad rebuilding.

Pachimari

Well sicne you did say favorite and not the best I will include a bunch of Copenhagen players.

Linderoth
Allbäck
Grønkjær
Drogba
Miccoli

If we say SAS liga players, then I would be biased toward Brøndby with the likes of Schmeichel, Agger, P. Nielsen, Elmander, Skoubo and Kahlenberg. ;)

Actually, in general, I can only come up with a top 3 favorites of mine so far.

bjaelke

Linderoth
Allbäck
Grønkjær
Drogba
Miccoli

Pape
Paté
Diouf
If we say SAS liga players, then I would be biased toward Brøndby with the likes of Schmeichel, Agger, P. Nielsen, Elmander, Skoubo and Kahlenberg. ;)

Actually, in general, I can only come up with a top 3 favorites of mine so far.

Kahlenberg <3

Jarnet87

Wooden must fucking love Cavani.

It's like the only stupid transfer rumour he keeps squashing.

I hope it happens.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Carrick Evans Buttner
Valencia Young
Cavani Rooney RVP

5-2-3 innit. Carrick plays like a sweeper hoofing it forward or wide to Valencia and Young. Young and Valencia pass it back to Carrick who hoofs it up front to Cavani, Rooney, or RVP all trying to play striker and getting in each others way. Big Sam would thrive.

Jack cw

Finally. Pep is thinking about a change. Asked by Sky he asked publicly if he has the right players for his system and he might rethink tactics. He admits he made a huge mistake with the tactics yesterday.

Let's see if something happens. I dont believe him anymore :/

L1NETT

Stuart Mccall
David Wetherall
Peter Beagrie
Scholes (odd one out but the best man. Oozes quality)
Carbone (wasn't the best for us, but for Wednesday and Villa..eesh)

Blablurn

Finally. Pep is thinking about a change. Asked by Sky he asked publicly if he has the right players for his system and he might rethink tactics. He admits he made a huge mistake with the tactics yesterday.

Let's see if something happens. I dont believe him anymore :/

Im wondering. Do you think a coach loses a lot of credibility when he talks like this? After all players can always say its the coach's fault.

GQman2121

Banned
--So we win tonight and make our Lisbon arrangements for next month.....

--City lose yet again at Goodison on Saturday and remain in third on 77 pts.

--We then win on Sunday over Norwich to go top of the league with 81 pts.

--Palace--having studied the tape--hold LFC to a goalless draw on Monday. Pool go back top on goal difference.

--City pound on Villa mid week but remain in third on 80 pts.

--That brings us to the final match day of the season. There are trophies in the cities of Manchester, Cardiff and Liverpool.

--City win at home over West Ham, finishing with 83 pts; Chels brush aside Cardiff (who are relegated) and finish with 84 pts; LFC have a shootout with Newcastle but concede in the 88th min to draw 2-2 finishing with 82 pts.

League Champions: Chelsea

this has no chance of happening now that city have Toure and Aguero back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom