• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

--So we win tonight and make our Lisbon arrangements for next month.....

--City lose yet again at Goodison on Saturday and remain in third on 77 pts.

--We then win on Sunday over Norwich to go top of the league with 81 pts.

--Palace--having studied the tape--hold LFC to a goalless draw on Monday. Pool go back top on goal difference.

--City pound on Villa mid week but remain in third on 80 pts.

--That brings us to the final match day of the season. There are trophies in the cities of Manchester, Cardiff and Liverpool.

--City win at home over West Ham, finishing with 83 pts; Chels brush aside Cardiff (who are relegated) and finish with 84 pts; LFC have a shootout with Newcastle but concede in the 88th min to draw 2-2 finishing with 82 pts.

League Champions: Chelsea

this has no chance of happening now that city have Toure and Aguero back. :(

Newcastle scoring twice in a game
ibxD1F6RCcusG7.png

Jack cw

Im wondering. Do you think a coach loses a lot of credibility when he talks like this? After all players can always say its the coach's fault.

Guardiola isnt an idiot. People like him for stating the truth. Truth is he made mistakes and forced a system that didnt fit the players. We witnessed this in the last matches. We played against Real and Dortmund and conceded 8 goals with scoring 0... ZERO!

Parts of our team are over their prime (Ribery/Schweinsteiger) others simply doesnt fit like Mandzukic, Boateng, Dante and Müller. He either goes back to adpopt Heynckes formation or finds a better way to point out their strenghts. New players is nice and all, but they also need time and that alone wont do much. Even the best Cbs in the world would have conceded those counter goals. This is a question of tactics and they have to change drastically if we want to win against Dortmund and attack in CL next year. We are decrypted and fucked already.

Every school club could beat us at the moment.

LegoArmo

--So we win tonight and make our Lisbon arrangements for next month.....

--City lose yet again at Goodison on Saturday and remain in third on 77 pts.

--We then win on Sunday over Norwich to go top of the league with 81 pts.

--Palace--having studied the tape--hold LFC to a goalless draw on Monday. Pool go back top on goal difference.

--City pound on Villa mid week but remain in third on 80 pts.

--That brings us to the final match day of the season. There are trophies in the cities of Manchester, Cardiff and Liverpool.

--City win at home over West Ham, finishing with 83 pts; Chels brush aside Cardiff (who are relegated) and finish with 84 pts; LFC have a shootout with Newcastle but concede in the 88th min to draw 2-2 finishing with 82 pts.

League Champions: Chelsea

this has no chance of happening now that city have Toure and Aguero back. :(
That sounds good, let's hope.

Blablurn

I remember seeing the movie in the cinema and when Cameron Diaz goes "I swallowed your cum, David" this women behind us went ewwww, bitch so loudly that everyone cracked up. I'll never forget it.

lol i cant remember that line anymore. time to watch it again.

i just remember cruz' line: i see you in another life. when we're both cats. so cute.

GQman2121

Banned
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/imagenes/2014/04/30/champions/1398809844_498064_1398809896_noticia_grande.jpg[IMG]

we were all so wrong about you, Carlo. He's an utter fucking mastermind.[/QUOTE]

He's definitely a fucking world class winner. Seriously, his CV is nothing but silverware.

confuziz

Banned
confuziz lives next to douglas and probably has tea and biscuits with him, he will forever be a cool guy

He lives in Russia now :lol

He was afraid of my little dog back then (It's a Maltese). He wouldn't get out of his big fat Volkswagen when he was playing on the grass.

Finally. Pep is thinking about a change. Asked by Sky he asked publicly if he has the right players for his system and he might rethink tactics. He admits he made a huge mistake with the tactics yesterday.

Let's see if something happens. I dont believe him anymore :/

Finally we can see what Pep is really made of. I have always found it laughable that people think he is one of the greatest ever.

It will be interesting to see if he can adapt and create a system that plays to the strengths of his squad.

I have to say I am rooting for Real now or rather I should say Carlo. The European Cup is in his DNA. This will be his seventh involvement in a final with four clubs. That is hugely impressive.

I have to say, I lost a bit of respect for Ronaldo with that stupid celebration. Seemed a bit pathetic.

kmax

1398809844_498064_1398809896_noticia_grande.jpg

we were all so wrong about you, Carlo. He's an utter fucking mastermind.

Finding balance takes time, but Carlo has fully extracted Real's potential. It doesn't hurt that our squad is the strongest in years, either.

Patience is truly a virtue.

L1NETT

No Dean Windass or Lee Sharpe?

Windass is up there

Lee Sharpe was fine. I never particularly liked him.

You can mark it down for a nice chunk of their stage demos.

I wonder if Sony will have Batman...

Course they will, they have some partnership with Warner no? Had Origins and Mad Max last year, so assume they will Arkham Knight

Not sure why Driveclub is such a big hullabaloo. It's a bland looking racing game.

Carbonox

He lives in Russia now :lol

He was afraid of my little dog back then (It's a Maltese). He wouldn't get out of his big fat Volkswagen when he was playing on the grass.

Russia? What a fucking downgrade in living conditions.

Still pissed Joe Kinnear pulled the plug on the deal. Seemed all but done on a free before that fucking demented hippo stopped the deal. Prick.

jtb

Banned
Finally we can see what Pep is really made of. I have always found it laughable that people think he is one of the greatest ever.

It will be interesting to see if he can adapt and create a system that plays to the strengths of his squad.

I have to say I am rooting for Real now or rather I should say Carlo. The European Cup is in his DNA. This will be his seventh involvement in a final with four clubs. That is hugely impressive.

I have to say, I lost a bit of respect for Ronaldo with that stupid celebration. Seemed a bit pathetic.

that's a little harsh on Pep; that trophy haul at Barcelona was basically unprecedented. for as much as you can say Messi made Pep, you can also say Pep made Messi. that Barcelona side of 07-08 was not the same side that Pep transformed it into in 08-11.

even if Pep burns out today and never wins another trophy, what he did at Barcelona would still cement him as one of the greatest of all time I think. and I don't even like Pep.

Jack cw

True that. Ancelotti is probably the most underrated coach ever. Class guy and huge skills. I like Ronaldo and always liked him. He is at least one of the few authentic players. Nobody but him would cry like a baby in front of the camera after a crash with Dante.

We will see about Pep. Its still not a huge challenge with Bayern. Heynckes showed what this team is capable of with the right tactics. Only thing that is in peps way is his pride.

that's a little harsh on Pep; that trophy haul at Barcelona was basically unprecedented. for as much as you can say Messi made Pep, you can also say Pep made Messi. that Barcelona side of 07-08 was not the same side that Pep transformed it into in 08-11.

even if Pep burns out today and never wins another trophy, what he did at Barcelona would still cement him as one of the greatest of all time I think. and I don't even like Pep.

He did a great job, but that was a team that had grown up playing together and all the players understood each other perfectly. That took years of being around each other and knowing every aspect of each others game, thanks to their youth system. The environment that was Barca allowed him to generate success.
Plus there were people who often thought Tito was more of the brains behind the tactics of Barca and Pep was the motivator and more public face

It was a bit naive of Pep to think that the same tactics would work with Bayern.

1398809844_498064_1398809896_noticia_grande.jpg

we were all so wrong about you, Carlo. He's an utter fucking mastermind.
Yup.

I'm happy for him, I hope to see him winning his third CL in May.
Not that hard to be a fucking mastermind with the best (individual) players in the world..
2003 and 2007 Milan didn't have the best players in the world. Maybe a few (Nesta-Maldini-Kakà-Pirlo-Seedorf-Inzaghi-Shevchenko), but most of them were just really good/about to retire.

Yup.

I'm happy for him, I hope to see him winning his third CL in May.

2003 and 2007 Milan didn't have the best players in the world. Maybe a few (Nesta-Maldini-Kakà-Pirlo-Seedorf-Inzaghi-Shevchenko), but most of them were just really good/about to retire.

That is why I always thought they never did as well in the league. The club had the players to win big cup matches, but just didn't have the fitness to compete over a 38 game season.

That is why I always thought they never did as well in the league. The club had the players to win big cup matches, but just didn't have the fitness to compete over a 38 game season.

Exactly. We had a great experience in winning those CL matches and showing good performances over 180 minutes, but when we had to play in the Serie A, we threw away points every 3-4 games and weren't consistent except for the 2003/2004 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom