• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Andros Townsend has an ankle problem and has been ruled out of the world cup.

This now poses the question: would he even have gone to the world cup?

I think he might have gone, he played extremely well in his England appearances and that has to count for something. 10 weeks out is nasty though, it's going to affect his pre-season.

His season went up in smoke when he missed 2 months with his hamstring but I still think he can be a very good player, he just needs coaching. We can all laugh at his terrible whoscored stats but really those were all games under AVB, when we scored 16 goals in 17 games. All our players stats were terrible in that period, and as Andros hasn't played more than a few minutes for Sherwood, they aren't going to look any better.

Clegg

These Cavani rumours are perplexing. Don't think its just Woodward briefing the press for the sake having United's name linked to a big name either.

Salazar

These Cavani rumours are perplexing. Don't think its just Woodward briefing the press for the sake having United's name linked to a big name either.

I can just see him steaming into the box and watching as Valencia drills it into the nearest defender

Over

and over

again

LegoArmo

If Woodward wants a huge statement signing, it should be a winger, not a striker. Assuming no one cares about defenders or midfielders.

Pachimari

YES CARLO

FREE US FROM THE BACK THREE

tumblr_n4reb9o3Na1s8z5rho1_400.gif

I genuinely hope he dies on air.

and I'm going to retweet it for a week

I'm really sure we won't go for a defender this coming summer.

Ancelotti seems satisfied with Pepe (one of the best defenders in the game), Sergio Ramos (our vice captain), Varane (one of the most promising defenders) and Nacho (solid) at the back.

I actually can't see us go for anything else than a backup leftback, backup goalkeeper and just maybe a striker for rotation.

"Chelsea are favorites to land Paulinho compared to R. Madrid & AC Milan. A deal could be announced after WC"
We got our own Paulinho. His name is Casemiro. If we go for a midfielder, we'll go for Pogba.

Salvadora

Confederations Cup coinciding with United fans buzzing over Thiago was good last summer.
The Thiago saga was unredeemably awful.

Can tell people are beginning to turn loopy.

Daily Mail has already been treated as gospel and it's only a matter of time before someone quotes the Nigerian Daily Post.

Feorax

Will be nice to have a summer without having to read "X was all lined up for a move to Liverpool, but the lure of Champion League football at Y was too tempting to refuse" four or five times.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Will be nice to have a summer without having to read "X was all lined up for a move to Liverpool, but the lure of Champion League football at Y was too tempting to refuse" four or five times.

If you don't win the league we're going to steal all your players again. We almost stole Konoplyanka already.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Awesome. I understand some people wanting that mid-field seat to see the whole game, but I truly enjoy being behind goal.

the atmosphere at the bridge is much better at the Matthew Harding Stand and the Shed end (behind the goals)! the east/west stand have better views yes but not as fun!

pulga

Banned
Ramos yesterday. Damn. Solidified his status as Madrid legend. His celebration was so boss. Some might take it as provoking the Bayern crowd, but I perceive it as him pointing towards La Orejona (the big eared one)
the CL trophy, you dumbfuck

10168181_10152113926217169_2836829482711512812_n.jpg

LawfulWelloffKouprey.gif

RecklessYellowBilby.gif

What a fucking boss. Neuer publicly laughed at him after the penalty debacle. Revenge is a dish best served WHITE.

Slizz

Next match I'll go to is the last WC warmup for England against Honduras. Then after that it'll be the pre-season Guinness International Champions Cup games.

LegoArmo

Bayern's defence on those set pieces was so embarrassing. What are they doing? Then looking around for someone to blame, or claiming offside when he was miles on... Eh, take some responsibility.

Slizz

Bayern's defence on those set pieces was so embarrassing. What are they doing? Then looking around for someone to blame, or claiming offside when he was miles on... Eh, take some responsibility.

Zonal marking FTW
joke

Man-Marking should be taught and practiced ad nauseam, so that shit doesn't happen as often.

pulga

Banned
Next match I'll go to is the last WC warmup for England against Honduras. Then after that it'll be the pre-season Guinness International Champions Cup games.

YES SLIZZ! I'll ship you a honduran flag if you'll take it <3

Can't wait to see us shame those EPL plebs
Uus4Plt.png

It's hilarious innit. Neuer raising his arms over a non-existent offside. The Pep Effect. Best keeper in the world, my ass.

Loved how he didn't even BUDGE for the Ronaldo fk loooool

Slizz

YES SLIZZ! I'll ship you a honduran flag if you'll take it <3

Can't wait to see us shame those EPL plebs
Uus4Plt.png

It's hilarious innit. Neuer raising his arms over a non-existent offside. The Pep Effect. Best keeper in the world, my ass.

Loved how he didn't even BUDGE for the Ronaldo fk loooool

Lol, it'll be the 4th or 5th time I've seen them in around 3/4 years.

pulga

Banned
True that's why Madrid have won everything there is to win in the past 12 years.... Oh wait...... Even mourinho never got Madrid into the finals

Confuziz is a known advocate of the "managers don't matter" movement

it is the loneliest club in the world

Lol, it'll be the 4th or 5th time I've seen them in around 3/4 years.

holy shit, you've seen them more in recent times than I have

how do you still have eyes :3

Slizz

Confuziz is a known advocate of the "managers don't matter" movement

it is the loneliest club in the world

holy shit, you've seen them more in recent times than I have

how do you still have eyes :3

Hahaha, one time it was Klinsmann's first win ever for the USMNT.

This also happened right in front of where I was sitting during the game.

128792790-bull-frog-hops-around-as-carlos-costly-of-gettyimages.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom