• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkaiser

jupp is anything elsk but delusional, he was the only BayernGAF potatoe that foresaw the doom Pep would bring

Doom? LOL, pls.

It is just impossible for any team in history to dominate european football for more than one year, simply impossible. Although I think Bayern would have wiped the floor with Real if Thiago has not been injured.

Pep Bayern will rise again, next season you all will see.

Doom? LOL, pls.

It is just impossible for any team in history to dominate european football for more than one year, simply impossible. Although I think Bayern would have wiped the floor with Real if Thiago has not been injured.

Pep Bayern will raise again, next season you all will see.

You really think Thiago is the difference between getting smashed 5-0 on aggregate, and smashing the other team with similar scorelines?

Clegg

We're going to total football the shit out of the league.

Just imagine it; Fellaini dropping back into defence to start attacks with his broad range of passing. Ashley Young swapping wings with Valencia for fluidity of attack, and Chicharito as a false 9 opening up space.

Magic.

Elchele

Lewis, a man with no fear

ferguson_1609345c.jpg

why in the fuck would you call him Lewis? English are the worst

I was trying to put down the Ramos rumors because I didn't want him. But it was bound to happen :(

But the point is that it's much safer to sign another striker. Ji could turn out well, might as well not play at all. And Ramos is the same, on a slightly different level. I'm sure he can do decently in the Bundesliga but I doubt he's good enough for the big matches.

I just don't think they would have signed Ji and Ramos if they were trying to sign someone else. That's my only point. And it makes more sense for Ji to play as striker and BVB to sign a new CAM than the other way around.

I haven't seen Immobile in a real match, only goal videos, so I can't judge him. But he doesn't really look like the kind of striker Klopp would be interested in signing tbh, he's like an italian Lassoga

Elchele

Doom? LOL, pls.

bla pls

Kyoufu

Just imagine it; Fellaini dropping back into defence to start attacks with his broad range of passing. Ashley Young swapping wings with Valencia for fluidity of attack, and Chicharito as a false 9 opening up space.

Magic.

And Newcastle will finish top 4.

Magic.

A change in personnel may make me more excited of that kinda prospect.

kingkaiser

You really think Thiago is the difference between getting smashed 5-0 on aggregate, and smashing the other team with similar scorelines?

Have you even watched the games? The crucial game was the one in Madrid, and Bayern dominated that game, but just couldn't score because that one final creative impulse from the miedfield was missing. With Thiago that game easily could have ended 1-1 or even 0-1.

Doom? LOL, pls.

iefponuJhi4FT.gif

Clegg

I see someone is starting to plant suggestions in the media about a Class of 92 Revolution overthrowing the Glazers.

Have you even watched the games? The crucial game was the one in Madrid, and Bayern dominated that game, but just couldn't score because that one final creative impulse from the miedfield was missing. With Thiago that game easily could have ended 1-1 or even 0-1.

I watched the games and it was a tactical failure from back to front for the entire 180 minutes. You needed more attacking movement from everyone, Mandzukic playing a more traditional striking role, a defensive/midfeild unit with a clue how to defend against such rapid counterattack, and a coaching setup with a clue how to set up for defensive set pieces.

Unless Thiago has gone into a teleportation machine with Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo, Messi, other Ronaldo, Xavi, Best, Vieira, Bobby Moore and Maldini, you'd have lost regardless.

Jarnet87

Anderson or Fellaini?

GO!

Anderson. Anderson over Cleverly too. Anderson at least has the confidence to try and pull off a lot of through balls, attacking minded passes, etc. It's always been a problem of staying injury free. I wonder what his longest run in the team consecutively must be, it can't be more then 5 or 6 games lol.

Meier

CITY EDS XI: Lawlor, Drury, Facey, Plummer, Leigh, Glendon, Fofana, Ntcham, Bytyqi, Lopes (C), Hiwula. Subs news to follow. #mcfc

7 Brits in the EDS game versus Chelsea. Winner faces Liverpool/United in U-21 championship game.

Good luck with van Gaal, you will need it.

You don't know what you're talking about, pal.

It is just impossible for any team in history to dominate european football for more than one year, simply impossible. ... Although I think Bayern would have wiped the floor with Real if Thiago has not been injured.

Hey it's impossible to dominate Europe!

Hey if we had Thiago we would have battered them and been in the final!

What's going on?

tumblr_mifi8oURqM1qjhupxo1_500.gif

I just don't think they would have signed Ji and Ramos if they were trying to sign someone else. That's my only point. And it makes more sense for Ji to play as striker and BVB to sign a new CAM than the other way around.

I haven't seen Immobile in a real match, only goal videos, so I can't judge him. But he doesn't really look like the kind of striker Klopp would be interested in signing tbh, he's like an italian Lassoga

Stop thinking, Zorc or Watzke have confirmed that we'll sign another striker.

I have no idea about Immobile. Yurt said he is okay, I trust Yogurt.

Clegg

Saw something in the Independent about United being certain Van Gaal will have time to sign players this summer. We can't be waiting for him to take over before we start can we?

kingkaiser

I watched the games and it was a tactical failure from back to front for the entire 180 minutes. You needed a defensive/midfeild unit with a clue how to defend against such rapid counterattack, and a coaching setup with a clue how to set up for defensive set pieces.

First of all you need to score against a team like Real, because they will score at leat once in a game. With heavy possession you can only score with a creative miedfilder, which Bayern lacked in these games. Defence was fucked up because the secon ball after lost tackles has not been conquered at any time from the Bayern midfield. That was the crucial part, not the high standing of the defence.

kingkaiser

You don't know what you're talking about, pal.

Well, I remember the season 2010/2011 quite well, you know that one where a fucking broken Inter kicked us out of the CL. That exactly same Inter which was butchered by fucki'n Schlacke afterwards...so just good luck.

Hey it's impossible to dominate Europe!

Hey if we had Thiago we would have battered them and been in the final!

What's going on?

In that fictional scenario, Atletico would have won the final either way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom