• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Are Juve shopping Vidal? Didn't he just extend with them....like...this season?

And what's the real deal with Pogba? They want to unload him too? For whom? How broke are they?

We don't NEED to sell either. But if someone is crazy enough to offer 60M€+ for Pogba, we'll obviously think about it. Vidal isn't going anywhere, imo.

Juve can't even reach an EL final, who the hell wants to stay there?

It's not that we can't. We don't want to. Why make it to the final if you already know you're gonna lose it? You of all people should understand this.
Lol, you Benfica cunt. <3 You're getting fucking destroyed on Thursday.
Maybe.

even Zabo is missing in action. Did anyone see him? Did he flee the country?

Watching Roma - Milan nearly killed me. Milan were literally walking and not giving a shit. Shameful performance.

Besides, I've got better things to do. DARKUUUU SOULSUUUUU TWUUUUU. Prepare to be flooded with Hitchers questions!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not that we can't. We don't want to. Why make it to the final if you already know you're gonna lose it? You of all people should understand this.
Lol, you Benfica cunt. <3 You're getting fucking destroyed on Thursday.
Maybe.
Conte "We know it's not easy, as Sassuolo are fighting for safety, so we'll need to be very wary, but go there to achieve our primary objective, which I repeat is the Scudetto"
"which I repeat is the Scudetto"
"which I repeat is the Scudetto"

...can we sack him now and get Pepe Mel?

btw I've been tweeting the wrong Zabo for days on twitter :lol :lol apparently there's an extra K in your twitter handle?! *dead*
Juve were nice guests, though.
alright we'll take that. #Moralwinners

bjaelke

Those free kicks from Sunderland
KuGsj.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
That's Cardiff down.

Sunderland are going to stay up. I'm telling you all, It's Villa, Norwich and Cardiff for the drop.

Moobabe

There is some strange rule about it being a penalty if the situation starts outside the box but continues into it. Palace have gotten two such penalties against us this season.

I don't even think it's up for debate - the tug starts and ends outside the box. Phil Dowd just guessed - but that's typical of him. And typical of officials' performances this season in truth.

Tc91

From the FIFA rules:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside of the box but continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick.

So Dowd got that spot on.

Hixx

A) Well done Connor Wickham for not collapsing in a heap
B) Well done Phil Dowd - sort of.

It was outside the box, absolutely. BUT, it was a foul and it denied Wickham a 1 on 1. Red.

No pen but red was right.

edit: seems Dowd was spot on.

GET FUCKED, FOOTBALL GAF. DARE 2 DREAM 2 DREAM HARDER IS ALIVE, THE KICKSTARTER IS NEARLY FUNDED

TeddyBoy

There is some strange rule about it being a penalty if the situation starts outside the box but continues into it. Palace have gotten two such penalties against us this season.

That's a bit of a strange ruling, hadn't heard about that before.

Was definitely red card but outside the box for me.

From the FIFA rules:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside of the box but continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick.

Cheers Tc!

From the FIFA rules:

Did they change that recently?

I'm sure when Masch had one called against him for pulling Valencia, it was the wrong decision as the foul started outside the box

Wilbur

Banned
From the FIFA rules:

See, it doesn't help matters that - for example - the BBC live text says "Replays then show that Cala's foul actually started outside the box though. It should have been a free-kick and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is incredulous on the sideline."

That means that everyone is just going to take that as gospel, when the rules say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom