• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

was he? He played well for one half against Germany.

He's not a kid anymore, he's 23. NO MORE excuses.

Admittedly that was one of the two matches I watched him play at the Euros, the other being the final. Thought he was so so good against Germany though, one of the best national teams in the world at the moment.

Thing is, Atletico only play today, and not earlier, because Valencia was involved in the Europa League semi-final. Before the last game, the Spanish FA did the right thing and let Atletico play earlier than planned (against Elche I believe) by a day or even two.

But, as you said, this time Atletico and CFC play around the same time so it should be even.

They played on Friday last time while you guys played on Saturday. It's a slight advantage, but it's not that big of a deal.

Bayern on the other hand played Real Madrid. Real took the entire weekend off so they had a huge advantage.

Oh Barzul :/

--

Come on you Mackems

Connor Wickham step up lad.

either team that wins jumps out of bottom 3. should be a decent match.

surely better than the life shortening WBA v WHU match from yesterday. suicide hotline calls rose 500% during that one.

Fady K

They played on Friday last time while you guys played on Saturday. It's a slight advantage, but it's not that big of a deal.

Bayern on the other hand played Real Madrid. Real took the entire weekend off so they had a huge advantage.

I agree actually, it's a very slight advantage and not that big of a deal. Sometimes the team does get awfully tired with like 3-4 games every 2-3 days but just two games in one week should be fine.

Wow, didn't know Real took the entire weekend off.

3Sixty

Jesus my stomach hurts.

Was a choice between Carling and Guinness at Sandown. Naturally that made it a complete non choice.

Fady K

Seeing Liverpool fans here getting nervous almost fools me into thinking we have a chance of winning, which we do not ;D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Admittedly that was one of the two matches I watched him play at the Euros, the other being the final. Thought he was so so good against Germany though, one of the best national teams in the world at the moment.

fuck him, I'm done.

I want Immobile up front or even Amauri.

We must believe in Mou Sama because he's #1!

iWmIW5l6ACHYj.gif

Fady K

Does LiverpoolGAF realize that even if Chelsea win somehow they still get the title EVEN IF they draw one of their last 2 games?

Guys, let us not kid ourselves. As Gary Neville once said "it is written in the stars."

We must believe in Mou Sama because he's #1!

Mou Sama is ill at the moment, he will not have the power to inspire much :p

iWmIW5l6ACHYj.gif

Most of our nervousness is because of what's at stake. I'd be shitting it playing against Maidenhead's reserve U16s :p

I feel you; if Chelsea had one more match to win and it was against a league one-tier side, i'd be shitting my pants because CFC can surprise you when they play weaker opposition.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool GAF you pussies, don't win your first title in the PL era with wet panties.

BE ARROGANT

BE SMUG

BE BAYERN. SAN SIA MIA

Does LiverpoolGAF realize that even if Chelsea win somehow they still get the title EVEN IF they draw one of their last 2 games?

Guys, let us not kid ourselves. As Gary Neville once said "it is written in the stars."

I feel you; if Chelsea had one more match to win and it was against a league one-tier side, i'd be shitting my pants because CFC can surprise you when they play weaker opposition.

It's not Chelsea we fear it's a man City come back

kmax

City have a game in hand. If we lose today they could win it on gd.

Come on man...you're not losing today. Chelsea's most likely playing with their B team ahead of their game on Wednesday. The league is already gone for their part.

Has anyone actually beaten Liverpool on Anfield this season?

...has anyone actually beaten Liverpool this year?

bjaelke

Come on man...you're not losing today. Chelsea's most likely playing with their B team ahead of their game on Wednesday. The league is already gone for their part.

IgI1Wdb.png

And no

3Sixty

Dejan_Lovren_2678912b.jpg

Jarnet87

Stevie Me give us one of your classic backpass's today please.

Did we appoint van Gaal yet? I want him signed already before anymore of this Giggs deserves the job nonsense continues to grow.

Lost 0-1 to Southampton in October or November, and drew to Villa 2-2. I was more confident about Chelsea at home last season for some reason, probably because we were playing for pride.

Which worked well, didn't it Luis? :p

kmax

Ok, so they lost to Southampton who didn't go to lose for 8 games straight.

I'm not worried about today. If Pool wins today, they only need a single point in the remaining games to secure the title, whilst City need to win every single game. Chelsea's thoughts are on Wednesday.

I expect a red evening.

EDIT: scratch that, city has a game in hand. Still, they would be in a comfortable position with 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom