• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're becoming too close

BmNnhfSIcAAarz_.jpg

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

I told you, just forget about blocking it. :p BE A MAN A STRIP OFF YOUR ARMOUR. Don't use a shield either, you need to be as light as possible.

you don't have to run to the edge of the area, you can just run towards his tail. edit: The Chaos Blade and GMS are great yo.

That's what I was doing yesterday, but by the time I realise he's going into the air rather than just winding up a ground attack, it's too late and I can't get far enough away :(

Spent like an hour yesterday just grinding the necessary enemies, repairing the RoLP and attempting the boss, so I can at least level up and get there quicker when they stop respawning. There's a real lack of shortcuts in DS2 :(

LTWheels

No way will we see a Chelsea win today, but a stifling draw for Mourinho to make one of his points again? Maybe. Either way, don't think Liverpool have too much to worry about.

You say that, but look how Chelsea played against us last time and against City.

You say that, but look how Chelsea played against us last time and against City.

Yep. If there's one manager in the world who can pull a tactical and personnel masterclass out of his ass, it's Mourinho

A weakened Chelsea is far from a weak team, and Jose is a big game expert.

Shitting it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's what I was doing yesterday, but by the time I realise he's going into the air rather than just winding up a ground attack, it's too late and I can't get far enough away :(

Spent like an hour yesterday just grinding the necessary enemies, repairing the RoLP and attempting the boss, so I can at least level up and get there quicker when they stop respawning. There's a real lack of shortcuts in DS2 :(

he flaps his wings for a few seconds -_- it's more than enough to reach his tail!

you don't have to kill anyone to reach him, you can pretty much skip all of them. (the last one is a bit tricky, so try to bait his attack while running past him. it'll give you a couple of seconds to reach the fog)

he flaps his wings for a few seconds -_- it's more than enough to reach his tail!

you don't have to kill anyone to reach him, you can pretty much skip them all. (the last one is a bit tricky, so try to bait his attack while running past him. it'll give you a couple of seconds to reach the fog)

I can't even see his wings when I'm under him. Maybe I should try and attack him from an angle where I can see his wings at all times then :p

Big relegation game in a bit.

COME ON SUNDERLAND

Fady K

Fuck knows, he's a weirdo. Could always go for the tried and trusted "bu bu no strikers" or the new fangled "bu bu sunday b4 champs".

It'd make sense in his head anyway.

"bu bu no strikers" is a good excuse, though it is Chelsea's fault.

"bu bu sunday b4 champs". is another good excuse, and that's up to the FA but CFC gotta live with it anyway.

HEY FADY! It's good to see you here man!

;)

You too buddy :) Matic has been playing a lot less games though and only got back to the premier league, Gerrard has been one of the league's best for countless years. No comparison, at least not yet.

There are some *key* differences. The goalie that saved so many of Liverpool's and City's shots is not playing. The guy who danced through the defenses of Liverpool and City is not playing. The heart of the defense who helped more than any other defender is not playing. And the striker who scored the winning goal against Liverpool is not playing.

Not only that, but some of the other stars may not play, like Willian and Oscar. Furthermore, we may have HILARIO on goal. The same Hilario who last defended Chelsea's goal in August 2011. Worry not Liverpool fans.

Linius

On gaming forums where they have signatures you sometimes see these donkey's having their PC specs in their signature. No one cares, really.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't even see his wings when I'm under him. Maybe I should try and attack him from an angle where I can see his wings at all times then :p

why are you UNDER him :lol :lol i can't breathe :lol :lol :lol :lol

hitcher pls <3 Attack one of his back legs.

Fady K

Yep. If there's one manager in the world who can pull a tactical and personnel masterclass out of his ass, it's Mourinho

A weakened Chelsea is far from a weak team, and Jose is a big game expert.

Shitting it.

The Chelsea side that beat Liverpool and City will likely be 4 (minimum) - 6 players different. No chance. Nothing to be worried about. You'll see.

Hazard was instrumental against City.

Yes, and against Liverpool too, he was magical and scored the very important equalizer.

Mastadon

Banned
On gaming forums where they have signatures you sometimes see these donkey's having their PC specs in their signature. No one cares, really.

Yeah I hate this. May as well just put your dick size in the signature.

------------------
Mastadon.

12"

why are you UNDER him :lol :lol i can't breathe :lol :lol :lol :lol

hitcher pls <3 Attack one of his back legs.

I read that if you stay under him, he flies into the air less often and only does 2 attacks, leg stomp and arching up to breathe fire between his legs. I found the second part to be true, but he flies into the air just as often and gives you less time to avoid it when you start beneath him :(

Will try it again on Tuesday, I've had Infamous sat on my shelf for a fucking month because of this bloody game :p

Forbidden Sun did fuck all for me btw, think my fire bonus is too low for it to do massive damage. Ended up just using Great Fireballs and Wilted Dusk Herbs to kill Darklurker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the Italian media is going HAM on Balotelli.

fucking finally. And I swear if he starts for Italy I'm gonna skip the whole tournament.

fucking finally. And I swear if he starts for Italy I'm gonna skip the whole tournament.

So his career is taking the exact same trajectory it did in England? Decent start with sporadic brilliant performances, then it quickly falls apart as he becomes more and more lazy and unreliable, and the goals dry up making him truly useless to the team?

Most temperamental player in Europe, surely.

Fady K

He was great for Italy in the Euros though, he was also so good during his first season for City and AC Milan, not sure what is with him nowadays.

FootballFan

Pls guys.

If you really believed Chelsea has no chance you wouldn't watch the match at all.

They can use their u21 and still have a shot. Damage control pls.

Would any Liverpool fans take a draw if it were offered now?

No. If we draw, we probably go to Selhurst Park needing to win, or we're relying on City dropping points. Think City will win today, and think they'll beat Everton with Barry and their CBs out, having just thrown away their chance to come fourth.

If we win today, I'd take a draw against Palace with confidence that we'll beat Newcastle though

Fady K

Pls guys.

If you really believed Chelsea has no chance you wouldn't watch the match at all.

They can use their u21 and still have a shot. Damage control pls.

No damage control man. We had to work our butts off at home to beat them by a goal, what are the chances of doing the same without the key players that made that win possible, and at Anfield?

I'll watch because my team is playing, I watch every game of theirs no matter how embarrassing it gets, till the final whistle.

When Liverpool smashed us 4-1 under Di Matteo I stuck around till the final whistle ;) - and that was a meaningless match and horrible performance by us to boot.

Maybe he should move to a new club every year to keep him from getting too comfortable :p

Honestly you feel like that would be better for him lol, based on how his record has been thus far!

The Sunday before CL game isn't really a good excuse. Atletico play today as well. They also refused to take the weekend off last time. It's a legitimate complaint if you don't like the advantage Spanish teams have over English teams, but it luckily didn't apply to the Chelsea and Atletico matchup this season.

TeddyBoy

I can't go today :(((((((( Woke up and my toe is stinging like hell again. Last time it was like this was the same day as West Ham at home, went to the game and couldn't walk for two weeks! This sucks. Also we got beat that day. I've got a bad feeling about today.

Can I request to have my toe chopped off? This is a legit question.

Connor Wickham brace, believe!

Would any Liverpool fans take a draw if it were offered now?

We're playing at home, go for the win!

@Cecil: Hoping secret agent Ince gets MotM in the game later too ;)

Baki

They would undoubtedly improve our squad, as would most competent strikers, but it's the image that would give off I'm concerned with.

Can hardly talk about ambition when bringing in a Chelsea cast-off and Danny Nii Tackie Welbeck.

Honestly, I'd cry. Fuck sake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Forbidden Sun did fuck all for me btw, think my fire bonus is too low for it to do massive damage.

oh :eek: yeah I guess you're right..

you don't have to kill the dragon anyway since you killed King V
He was great for Italy in the Euros though
was he? He played well for one half against Germany.
What has he done this time?

He was then asked about his performance, without getting a shot on goal and substituted by Coach Clarence Seedorf.

&#8220;It was a normal game. I didn&#8217;t understand my substitution at first, but since in the studio they said I&#8217;m not a top player then maybe that&#8217;s why.

&#8220;Everyone is irritable when they lose. Nobody likes being on the end of a defeat.&#8221;

Asked about his position on the pitch, Balotelli implied the problem was with his midfield.

&#8220;When the ball doesn&#8217;t arrive in the box, you have to go back and get it. Roma are very strong and play great football.&#8221;

Marocchi asked whether Balotelli didn&#8217;t make the step up to becoming a top player because he didn&#8217;t move enough off the ball, but the response was extremely harsh.

&#8220;You don&#8217;t understand anything about football. Trust me, you really don&#8217;t,&#8221; snapped Balo.

&#8220;It isn&#8217;t nice? I don&#8217;t care. I don&#8217;t care.

&#8220;I never said I&#8217;m a top player. I am a perfectly normal player, it will take time to become world class, but the reasons why I am not a top player are not the same reasons you think.

&#8220;Every game is different. If I didn&#8217;t get near the goal once tonight, then there has to be a reason.

&#8220;You always talk about me. When Milan win Mario&#8217;s great, when Milan lose it&#8217;s all Mario&#8217;s fault. You expect me to score five goals a game. I don&#8217;t need your criticism, I make my own criticism.

&#8220;You always talk and talk, say I&#8217;m precious to Italian football, but there&#8217;s no point to saying these things. No point.&#8221;

Ex-Rossoneri star Boban was one of the Sky Sport Italia pundits who Balotelli insulted in last night&#8217;s live TV interview.

&#8220;The fact is 99.9 per cent of people have the same opinion of Balotelli as Giancarlo Marocchi, Christian Panucci and me,&#8221; Boban told Radio Deejay.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a shame, he is a good guy, but he lacks self-criticism. He will go along his path as always. We are paid to talk, but he doesn&#8217;t seem to understand these situations.

&#8220;His performance against Roma was shameful. He just walked around the pitch annoying all his teammates.&#8221;

Milan have been criticised for sending Balotelli to the media zone after his irritable reaction to a substitution, but Boban sees it as a sign of some deeper problem.

&#8220;It was a decision by Milan to move the spotlight off Clarence Seedorf and his comments. There is no logic in the way this club is run, there is too much confusion and they need the return of President Berlusconi.&#8221;

Pundit Ciccio Graziani has a new idea for dealing with Mario Balotelli. &#8220;I&#8217;d have given him a kick up the backside!&#8221;

The Milan striker caused controversy with his angry reaction to criticism from Sky Sport Italia pundits after Friday&#8217;s 2-0 defeat to Roma, telling them they &#8220;understand nothing about football.&#8221;

Other talking heads have been weighing in on the issue. Mediaset pundit and 1982 World Cup winner Graziani confirmed his reputation as a hard man of Italian football.

&#8220;Balotelli was lucky, as Giancarlo Marocchi is too nice. If it had been me he&#8217;d said that to, Balo would&#8217;ve found a much stronger response. You can&#8217;t say Marocchi doesn&#8217;t understand football.

&#8220;If I&#8217;d had a teammate like Balotelli, seeing play as badly as he did against Roma, I&#8217;d have given him a kick up the backside and then a cold shower.

&#8220;This way Balotelli tries to paint himself as a victim. When the ball did reach him against Roma, he acted as if he was doing us a favour by being there. Then he&#8217;d make mistakes and get angry with his teammates.

&#8220;Balotelli never chases anyone down, his performance last night was unwatchable. He behaves as if he doesn&#8217;t want to be playing football. He ought to apologise to his teammates for the way he played.&#8221;

Marocchi "We often try to talk about football, watch and comment on the games. But when a performance is bad, it&#8217;s bad, so the questions have to be asked."

&#8220;Balotelli is a big problem for Milan and will be for the Nazionale too. I would&#8217;ve liked him to reply by telling me he does move off the ball, but instead he chose an insult. Those close to him ought to show Balotelli how other forwards really move. He should have the humility to do that.

&#8220;He thinks that with four goals he has suddenly resolved all his problems. I am above all sorry for his teammates. Balotelli played badly, that&#8217;s the issue here. He has to understand he&#8217;s got to do more for his teammates.&#8221;.

&#8220;I think about the Milan midfield, who worked to recover the ball from Daniele De Rossi and Radja Nainggolan, then passed to Balotelli and he lost it straight away, either with a bad first touch or because he slipped. I&#8217;d go to a madhouse!&#8221;

It has also been suggested the club are to blame for sending Balotelli to speak with the media when he was clearly irritable, having been substituted and bickered with Coach Clarence Seedorf during the game.

&#8220;Milan have given up on trying to deal with Balotelli. Like this the only one benefiting from the situation is Balotelli&#8217;s bank account,

He's not a kid anymore, he's 23. NO MORE excuses.

His constant diving pisses me off. It's like he only wants to score goals from penalties.

I've been pretty disappointed to see Sturridge start diving this season. Don't know why he's suddenly started doing it, makes me think it might even be a directive from Rodgers :s

Football needs a manager who will fine or suspend his players for it, rather than empty 'I don't accept divers' statements

Fady K

The Sunday before CL game isn't really a good excuse. Atletico play today as well. They also refused to take the weekend off last time. It's a legitimate complaint if you don't like the advantage Spanish teams have over English teams, but it luckily didn't apply to the Chelsea and Atletico matchup this season.

Thing is, Atletico only play today, and not earlier, because Valencia was involved in the Europa League semi-final. Before the last game, the Spanish FA did the right thing and let Atletico play earlier than planned (against Elche I believe) by a day or even two.

But, as you said, this time Atletico and CFC play around the same time so it should be even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom