• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

He's so fucking salty, absolutely incredible, bordering on delusional even, how can he stand there and complain about the ref and say the players played a good game? Juventus played crap. Benfica didn't play well in offensive terms, but they didn't have to. Juve did. Against 10 players it was missed pass after missed pass, against 9 they barely produced anything, even I expected more despite being a Benfica fan and wanting my team to pass.

He says Benfica's tactics of complaining and crying had an effect on the game... When Juve itself was actually the one that started this very little fun game of complaining and crying by trying to have Enzo Perez not play the 2nd leg because of something that happened on the 1st leg, and UEFA ruled in favour of Benfica.

I'm trying not to judge the whole Juventus as a team and entity becuse I believe they're better than this, but this coach can't be for real...

He's a really bad sore loser. The Xavi of coaches one might say. We just don't see it often because nobody in Serie A ever beats Juve.

Turok_TTZ

Turok, your ratio of sensible posts to overly antagonistic, predictably baity, horrifically nonsensical fucking shite is sensationally poor

Would you like to give me your log in details so I can do some doctoring over the next few months and salvage what little reputation you have left?

I had a reputation to begin with? I am insane. I am similar to Van Gaal. We're both pretty damn opinionated and we're pretty damn insane. but by god when we're spot on tactically, we're really spot on.

in any case
Antonio Conte Post Match Comments said:
Conte: “The team that least deserved it went through.”
“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”
Conte I always known you're a petty scrub but this... this... I can't even...

Conte would do well in the future to mature up and recognise when a team plays like shit.

Tugatrix

Conte is complaining about the ref.

Conte.

complaining.

ref.

this is amazing.

like a surreal David Lynch movie.

a2918576_notsureifserious.gif

He must be joking

do we need to remind Pirlo how Italy choked in Euro'12 Final.

I hope England and Uruguay advance in their WC group leaving Italy out

Enjoy retirement

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that

this quote.

the bolded.

my god.

i can't...

I'm trying not to judge the whole Juventus as a team and entity becuse I believe they're better than this, but this coach can't be for real...

Are they better? The Juve fans will suck Conte's dick at the end of the season regardless of what happened in Europe in terms of their performances and Conte's shitty comments. They've always been a provincial club with a shitty attitude.

Rikkun

I don't think I've ever seen a Milan fan give two shits about the scudetto. Even when we win it, it's a nice thing and all but it's never really the goal. I just couldn't care less, the league is complete shit so winning it doesn't mean anything.

It's going to be a bit sad seeing Juve fans celebrate at the end of this season when their performances in Europe were so pathetic. Really shows where the priorities are, and I just don't get it. I would be furious with Conte et al after this season if I were a Juve fan, but I really doubt the fans will get that worked up over this.

I've never seen a single fan not celebrating scudetto, you must live on the moon. Milan fans were all over everything when you won the last scudetto, and all cried when we came back on top. I know Champion's League is another thing, but only ONE team in Europe gets to win it, and we're not ready, not at all, no side in Serie A is nearly as equipped as Bayern, A. Madrid, Real or Chelsea.

I'm not furious with Conte obviously, he already did a lot for the club, we went through a lot of things in the last 10 years. From the CL final against Milan, to giving many players to Lippi who won the WC, to calciopoli, to Cobolli Gigli, to serie B, to Ranieri, to coming back and being ok, to losing many world class players, to Delneri, Zaccheroni, Ferrara, Elkann... come on now.

santi_yo

Serie A teams are a joke.

By the way, for those who are calling Sevilla "lucky bastards" or "it was unfair" remember that they won the first game 2-0. They managed to score at the very end of the match and that's it. 3-3

Did you watch the first game? 2-0 was an unfair score. And now they go through to the final at the very last minute, as they always do. I'm ok with that, but they are lucky bastards nonetheless.

I've never seen a single fan not celebrating scudetto, you must live on the moon. Milan fans were all over everything when you won the last scudetto, and all cried when we came back on top. I know Champion's League is another thing, but only ONE team in Europe gets to win it, and we're not ready, not at all, no side in Serie A is nearly as equipped as Bayern, A. Madrid, Real or Chelsea.

I'm not furious with Conte obviously, he already did a lot for the club, we went through a lot of things in the last 10 years. From the CL final against Milan, to giving many players to Lippi who won the WC, to calciopoli, to Cobolli Gigli, to serie B, to Ranieri, to coming back and being ok, to losing many world class players, to Delneri, Zaccheroni, Ferrara, Elkann... come on now.

Read what I said again. I never said we don't celebrate the scudetto after we win it, I said that we don't make it our #1 goal every season like Juve fans do for some inexplicable reason.

Forget your excuses, you guys have more money and a much higher wage bill than Atletico Madrid, you never lose in Serie A, and yet the only decent non-Italian team you beat this season was Lyon. That is pathetic. Conte would be hanged at Milan after this display, it shows how provincial your club is. Time to be real about this, forget calciopoli and the other nonsense, Juve will never succeed in Europe until the fans start giving a shit and getting angry after terrible seasons like this. The fans should be calling for Conte's head but they won't because they are provincial.

FootballFan

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Conte:
“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs.

they stopped us playing

The team that least deserved it went through.

Benfica were more fortunate.

Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“The team that least deserved it went through.”

I can't.

Xavi pls stop.

Rikkun

Are they better? The Juve fans will suck Conte's dick at the end of the season regardless of what happened in Europe in terms of their performances and Conte's shitty comments. They've always been a provincial club with a shitty attitude.

Right.
Shitty attitude.
From a milanista.
You just have to see how he speaks about his former team Milan to see what kinda bellend he is.

Good player no doubt, but the personality of Balotelli. One might say, the Xavi of midfielders.

I guess you read the book. And saw Serie A 4 years ago. And saw Allegri wanted him to play on the left, running back and forth, because he had to put fucking Van Bommel in his place.

I'm going to bed for real now, I can't even keep up with the river of shit that is flowing out of your fingers.

FootballFan

He hasn't gotten to that level yet. Once he becomes a grass engineer, you can put him in the same tier as GOAT Xavi.

The reason he hasn't reached that level is because he hasn't lost 1/10 as many high intensity matches.

Look what a EUROPA LEAGUE SEMI FINAL(not even a final) has done to him. Europa League.

Wilbur

Banned
Frank, that just makes Milan fans come across as over privileged. Why wouldn't you care about winning your domestic league, Christ :lol

Andrefpvs

oblak4.jpg

Chillest motherfucker ever.
He must be half lizard and have ice running through his veins cuz I don't remember ever seeing this fucking goalkeeper nervous.

21 years old. TWENTY ONE! He is a damn kid!!

I love this guy. Cool as ice.

The reason he hasn't reached that level is because he hasn't lost 1/10 as many high intensity matches.

Look what a EUROPA LEAGUE SEMI FINAL(not even a final) has done to him. Europa League.

That might be the reason, but facts are facts. He has yet to become a grass engineer. The Gala mud pitch only put him in the undergraduate program.

Xavi is full blown phd grass engineer.

Frank, that just makes Milan fans come across as over privileged. Why wouldn't you care about winning your domestic league, Christ :lol

I'm not talking about caring, I'm talking about prioritizing. Juve is the only big club that seems to consistently prioritize the league over Europe.

Would a Bayern fan be satisfied with their manager if they won the Bundesliga but got knocked out of the CL at the group stages? How about if Ancelotti just got knocked out of the EL but still won La Liga? Fans would be calling for their heads. But Juve fans still suck Conte's tiny dick.

If Juve want to be a big club they should start acting like it.

And I know full well that Milan is no longer a big club, this is not about Milan, this is about the health of calcio in general. I just don't understand the attitude. Fucking Portugal just jumped ahead of Italy in the rankings.

arkon

Didn't watch the match being at work. Shame Juve couldn't make it. Congrats Benfica. Should be a good final. This is their year for redemption.

MrKaepora

Cry me a river Conte. EAT SHIT!

GLORIOSO SLB!

I couldn't stand watching the game on second half, it was too many feelings.

Great job Luisão, Oblack, Enzo, Garay, Salvio, Markovic, Maxi, Siqueira, Amorim, Rodrigo, Lima, Gaitan...all the team. What a game this was.

Let's win this!

Cider X

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Conte:

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs.

they stopped us playing

The team that least deserved it went through.

Benfica were more fortunate.

Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“The team that least deserved it went through.”

I can't.

Xavi pls stop.

doiconte?

Carbonox

Just watched episode 3 of Arrow. Fucking love shows that don't hold back and pansy around trying to build up nonsense. It's just balls to the wall all the time. So good.

Turok_TTZ

anywho congrats to Jorge Jesus, Benfica will have my support in their endeavors as two former madrid men play for them (garay and rodrigo).

Elchele

I can't believe Sevilla are in the final. Shit club and shit coach

fuck EL

Benfica are going to lose because of the curse anyway

edit: imagine Marko Marin lifting the EL trophy. pls

Kyoufu

Just watched episode 3 of Arrow. Fucking love shows that don't hold back and pansy around trying to build up nonsense. It's just balls to the wall all the time. So good.

Only watched the first episode but since everyone raves on about it I may give the show a chance.

L1NETT

Only watched the first episode but since everyone raves on about it I may give the show a chance.

First dozen or so episodes are good, not brilliant but after that the show picks quickly.

Don't go expecting some super serious well acted drama, tis cheesy fun. But right good fun at that.

pulga

Banned
Haha Juve. I'll never understand why they pride themselves so much on doing well in Serie A when they are so pathetic in Europe. No one gives a fuck about the scudetto other than Juve fans, I just sincerely don't understand it.

This is the biggest load of shit I've seen on this board since the last time FootballFan's alt posted on this thread.

No one gives a shit about the scudetto? Really? You might think that considering Milan is a "provincial" team who has yet to even add two starts to their crest, and try to dismiss it as Juve fans try to do with Europe, as our record in these competitions is dismal as well. It's still a load of bollocks, the league is the bread and butter of teams everywhere and you trying to dismiss it is absolute bullshit.

Juve is shit in Europe, no denying that, Conte needs to change the 3-5-2 or GTFO, true. But stop acting as if the league isn't important, it's pathetic revisionist history.

You're not even getting into the EL this season, so you might want to start giving a fuck about the league, okay?

I also want to add that Conte's spiel about the refs is embarrassing and he should know better.

pulga

Banned
I love this eulogy we're having about Messi these last couple of days, it's so beautiful.

RIP Messi, you were gone too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom