• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Pep: part 1

- We suffered a big defeat. Have to look forward now and analyize why we lost.

- I will talk about new palyers after the Cup Final. I would have done that even if we had won the CL. Squad is great and I am pleased with the season so far.

- I am convinced of my tactics. I cant force players to play a system from a different coach. Will play this style even after the Madrid games.

- I talk with the players about my ideas and I will play it in the next matches too. The board has to decide if I am the right coach for this squad.

poor elsk, another requested permaban incoming :(

time to jump ship baby

Jack cw

Beginning of the end.

Gone next summer.

Thought he'd see his 3 years out tbh, I guess not.

Dont know. After Honess is gone, they wont do some radical shit like this. As long as we win the league and play a role in CL he will stay as long as he likes. They already grant him every wish. They even build a hundred million training ground with youth squads for him.

Marc

Connor Wickham got player of the month? Yes Hixx! Amazing achievement, good that he is getting a run and playing to his strengths.

Yurt gone? :(

pulga

Banned
whenever I decide my time here is up (most likely after the WC), I ain't requesting shit, I'm going out with a BANG.

Please look forward to it.

Good god I just saw a pic of Miranda Kerr that legit took my breath away

if ever there was a useless post

post the picture you heathen

Blablurn

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein

Ronald Reng says that Javier Martinez didn't start v Real Madrid because of inflammation in both knees.

Linius

Surely it's been a tough pill to swallow, such a defeat by Madrid. But come on, Bayern is untouchable in any national league they compete in and they reached the semis in the CL. It's very unrealistic to demand they should reach the finale every year. The one thing Pep should think about is a decent plan B to not get smashed again like happened against Madrid. He shouldn't be afraid to alter his tactics depending on the opponent.

Jack cw

WAT
Pep: part 2

- Javi Martinez, Thomas Müller and Mario Götze played well, when the teas was playing well I think. I believe they will be here next season too.

- Thiago makes progress but wont be starting against Dortmund in the Cup final.

pulga

Banned
Surely it's been a tough pill to swallow, such a defeat by Madrid. But come on, Bayern is untouchable in any national league they compete in and they reached the semis in the CL. It's very unrealistic to demand they should reach the finale every year. The one thing Pep should think about is a decent plan B to not get smashed again like happened against Madrid. He shouldn't be afraid to alter his tactics depending on the opponent.

He's not afraid, his ego is too fucking big to allow him to play anything less than glorious, divine tiki-tonka

It's exposing him as the Messi dependant fraud that he is and it will be his undoing.

no Salvio, Marko and Enzo for the EL final. Garay should play despite the cut above his mouth.

André Gomes and Ivan Cavaleiro will probably start. hope for André Almeida in Gomes's place, he can't handle the pressure.

Blablurn

Pep: "Ich bin Teil dieses Vereins. Ich bleibe hier für eine längere Zeit." #FCB

"I'm part of the team. I'm staying here for a long time"

YES MOYES

Jack cw

Ronald Reng says that Javier Martinez didn't start v Real Madrid because of inflammation in both knees.

Without him we conceded 3 goals. With his kaputt knees we only conceded one...
I'd rather have all Bayern players with knee inflammation.

pulga

Banned
Madrid scores the second goal of the night

9UdwzWI.png

Carletto gives no fucks. Liverpool really did a number on him lol

We're in the same boat, pls

I saw the new stadium (or renovation rather) will bring up Feyenoords budget to 85 million in a few years time. I wonder if they can sell all the new seats to be honest. 70.000 is a lot.
People's club.

Average attendance of 46.000 this season, slowly going up over the last 3 years.

I imagine it's also meant for hosting Finals/WC and Euro bids.

Linius

Peoples club.

Average attendance of 46.000 this season, slowly going up over the last 3 years.

Peoples club Ajax has been topping that league for years on end as well. We've been 50.000+ average the last two seasons now.

But I'm afraid for Feyenoord that it might go up to 60.000 if lucky (with some cheap seats here and there) but some parts of the stadium are gonna look awful empty.

And yeah, they want to host international games again I suppose. And indeed Europa League finale maybe. I think for the CL finale 70.000 is still not enough.

EDIT

It appears 70.000 should be enough. So maybe a CL finale will come to the Netherlands some time then :)

pulga

Banned
Madrid is appealing Alonso's yellow card.

Won't get anywhere.

Frankly ridiculous rule. His first yellow was way back against Copenhague for fucks sake.

Blablurn

Paradoxically, Pep's situation a bit like Mourinho's: they will both use the sf defeats to strengthen their grip on the squad

pulga

Banned

So if it's right for the World Cup, how the fuck is it not right for the Champion's League?

Fuck UEFA, man.

Yeah
If you're stupid enough to get booked in both semis, tough shit

Well yeah, duh. It's fucking unfair Alonso doesn't get to play due to a yellow waaaaaaaay back during Copenhague.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Bergkamp talking about his assist to Kluivert v Argentina. The amount of detail and thought for barely a second is insane:

Ronald de Boer's pass is flat and hard and waist high too high to control with my foot and too low for my chest so I have to fall to my left and squash my body so that I can cushion it with my head but where do I cushion it out of the corner of my eye I see Kluivert making a run off Chamot if I head it towards him between Sensini and Chamot the control will be too difficult at high speed besides there isn't much space there the space is between Sensini who has come towards me and Ayala who has gone out to meet de Boer so I need to play almost a square pass with my head the other side of Sensini into the angle of Kluivert's run I can't cushion it as gently with my head as with my foot but that's fine because the space is fairly big and if I head it too softly Roa will stay on his line and stay big so it's okay to put a fraction more on it to entice Roa from his line because if he comes out Kluivert has a much easier finish.

FootballFan

No they don't.

Bayern did not play slow and tepid football against Dortmund or Arsenal. Bayern have looked a lot blunter this season in Europe. It's a fact.

Not saying they didn't. They definitely played worse. But people act like jupps team played that barca match all season.

bud23

strong presser from Pep. Says he won't compromise on his ideas.

Was there ever any doubt? of course he's not going to reconsider anything. It´s guardiola, the one, the visionary who will change football forever, guy seriously thinks he is on a crusade to save football, he will die with his deluded ideas.

That´s why seeing him fall down will be incredibly funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom