• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Was there ever any doubt? of course he's not going to reconsider anything. It´s guardiola, the one, the visionary who will change football forever, guy seriously thinks he is on a crusade to save football, he will die with his deluded ideas.

That´s why seeing him fall down will be incredibly funny.

Marca pls

Bergkamp talking about his assist to Kluivert v Argentina. The amount of detail and thought for barely a second is insane:

Ronald de Boer's pass is flat and hard and waist high too high to control with my foot and too low for my chest so I have to fall to my left and squash my body so that I can cushion it with my head but where do I cushion it out of the corner of my eye I see Kluivert making a run off Chamot if I head it towards him between Sensini and Chamot the control will be too difficult at high speed besides there isn't much space there the space is between Sensini who has come towards me and Ayala who has gone out to meet de Boer so I need to play almost a square pass with my head the other side of Sensini into the angle of Kluivert's run I can't cushion it as gently with my head as with my foot but that's fine because the space is fairly big and if I head it too softly Roa will stay on his line and stay big so it's okay to put a fraction more on it to entice Roa from his line because if he comes out Kluivert has a much easier finish.
Legend. Did he say anything about his goal vs Newcastle?

Razgreez

Not saying they didn't. They definitely played worse. But people act like jupps team played that barca match all season.

Of course they didn't. Heynckes enforced different tactics depending on the opposition. The team was definitely more "direct" in general. Touches were many but the pitch maps clearly showed they were always, not even usually or sometimes but always more forward in their direction

Jack cw

People only remember that game. Not the Dortmund final, not the Arsenal tie, not every other game. just the 7-0.

It easier that way to justify the own agenda. People tend to forget the subtle things and only focus on the most spectacular thing. Last year, we had luck on our side with early goals and goals happening at the right time. Our defence wasnt that good either. Only 2 DMs were helping it and we were lucky with injuries. Of course our playstyle was more straight forward, but we better not forget that it took a historically huge failure against Dortmund and Chelsea to become that machine.

Some people act like they watch football and Bayern since 2010 and completely ignore the fact that football itself is undergoing changes and typical transitions you cant control. Injries, teamspirit, suspensions, mentality etc.

bud

Bergkamp talking about his assist to Kluivert v Argentina. The amount of detail and thought for barely a second is insane:

Ronald de Boer's pass is flat and hard and waist high too high to control with my foot and too low for my chest so I have to fall to my left and squash my body so that I can cushion it with my head but where do I cushion it out of the corner of my eye I see Kluivert making a run off Chamot if I head it towards him between Sensini and Chamot the control will be too difficult at high speed besides there isn't much space there the space is between Sensini who has come towards me and Ayala who has gone out to meet de Boer so I need to play almost a square pass with my head the other side of Sensini into the angle of Kluivert's run I can't cushion it as gently with my head as with my foot but that's fine because the space is fairly big and if I head it too softly Roa will stay on his line and stay big so it's okay to put a fraction more on it to entice Roa from his line because if he comes out Kluivert has a much easier finish.

but it was frank who gave the pass.

Jack cw

Was there ever any doubt? of course he's not going to reconsider anything. It´s guardiola, the one, the visionary who will change football forever, guy seriously thinks he is on a crusade to save football, he will die with his deluded ideas.

That´s why seeing him fall down will be incredibly funny.

Fake bud, you are not even half as funny as real bud and I really dont get that baby behavior because Pep dominated Madrid and la Liga for 5 years getting all the praise and respect from the world. Instead of crying you might start a similar era. Madrid GAFs obsession with Barca is really insane.

Not saying they didn't. They definitely played worse. But people act like jupps team played that barca match all season.
Well the Barca match was the landmark result for the team. It demonstrated the strength of the team.

Of course - you can't taken one match as a blueprint. But in that key moment they came to the fore and this season they didn't. That's a change worth nothing.

Guardiola is a great coach and I would trust him to find a solution and come back. But there have to be some serious lessons to be learnt. Criticism is over the top I agree - but that's football.

pappe

Some people act like they watch football and Bayern since 2010 and completely ignore the fact that football itself is undergoing changes and typical transitions you cant control. Injries, teamspirit, suspensions, mentality etc.

Exactly. Football has changed and keeps on changing. The keep the ball tactic worked for Barca for a good 5-6 yrs but now its being found out and other teams have figured out how to play against that. Hell even Moyes almost managed to do it and to use that same tactic against Madrid, the best counter attacking side, was a silly thing to do. Madrid have been seeing Barca do it for past decade almost and are expertly equipped to tackle it. Even Dortmund who are great at counter attack beat Bayern after Klopp figured them out after playing against them only once.

Pep is too stubborn to try different tactics against different sides and that will ultimately be his downfall.

pulga

Banned
Fake bud, you are not even half as funny as real bud and I really dont get that baby behavior because Pep dominated Madrid and la Liga for 5 years getting all the praise and respect from the world. Instead of crying you might start a similar era. Madrid GAFs obsession with Barca is really insane.

yeah because we're the ones live-commenting Barca matches with such poignant posts like "Goal by Madrid. Against Rayo."

dan-eye-ryus.jpg

Linius

I love it that Feyenoord fans who also support Arsenal can legit say an Ajax player is a legend. Bacon, you wear your secret avatar with pride <3

Blablurn

I'm wondering. Ronaldos class also comes from being in shape 100% I guess. I'm sure he does a lot to be in that shape. I wonder how good someone like Götze could become if he would do the same.

Walshy

I'm wondering. Ronaldos class also comes from being in shape 100% I guess. I'm sure he does a lot to be in that shape. I wonder how good someone like Götze could become if he would do the same.
Sky Sports in the UK did a documentary about his fitness a few years back.

Might be worth a watch if you've got spare time.

Portugeezer

Madrid is appealing Alonso's yellow card.

Won't get anywhere.

Frankly ridiculous rule. His first yellow was way back against Copenhague for fucks sake.

I thought they normally wiped yellow cards before a semi final or quarter finals or something?

But yeah, it's dumb but Madrid won't win the appeal. Sad for the final, but shit happens.

bud23

so insecure. why are you talking about Barca now? how that´s relevant here? we´re talking about how guardiola can´t successfully implement tiki taka into teams that haven´t messi, xavi or iniesta in their prime, and why probably never will. Btw that barca was one of the greatest football teams of all time, they would have dominated with any other semi decent coach. See Spain´s domination from 2008 to 2012. was guardiola there or were xavi, iniesta etc?

Yeah pep would love you. oh look, a classy bayern fan rationalizing his foolish beliefs by ignoring the truth, resorting to personal attacks instead of facing reality. yeah, the 0-5 reality. i see you have learned how to live in denial, not surprised, you´re learning from the best.

wake me up when he has proved himself as a competitive coach in a non barca 2010 team. until then i will say he´s nothing but a deluded hipster. a second tier philosopher, a fucking fraud.

Kyoufu

Madrid is appealing Alonso's yellow card.

Won't get anywhere.

Frankly ridiculous rule. His first yellow was way back against Copenhague for fucks sake.

It's a silly rule but it's all Alonso's fault for sliding in when they were winning comfortably. What an idiot.

Hixx

Ellis Short spent $1bn on some Dutch bank assets today.

Ellis pls

I think he is going to sell up soon. He has the cash to make us a top 6 side easily but he doesn't seem to want to do it. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Ellis Short spent $1bn on some Dutch bank assets today.

Ellis pls

I think he is going to sell up soon. He has the cash to make us a top 6 side easily but he doesn't seem to want to do it. :(

Why did he buy the club in the first place if he didn't hope to make them successful and make some extra guacamole

Hixx

Why did he buy the club in the first place if he didn't hope to make them successful and make some extra guacamole

Well, he initially did bankroll us heavily under Bruce and Keane. Got his fingers burned there, especially with Bruce who spent nearly £80m and got us.... 10th. Which he considered a real achievement -_-

I think if he had a manager he could trust he would put money into it again but Gus didn't have a spectacular January even when Keith Lemon was sacked, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom