• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Just looking through some old clips of the 11/12 season, it's depressing me. The team was so fucking good.

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Modric, Parker, Sandro, Bale; Van der Vaart, Adebayor.

That team is in another league to what we have now in terms of technical ability. Watching Chadli and Paulinho stumble around in midfield is painful.

Good Ol' InterTim. Damn fool.

Modric. ;_; Give him back, plug!

Elchele

If we wins the championship, reach the cup final and make it into the quarter final in CL, he will last. Lets not exaggerate here with stupidly high expectations. If you like it or not, parts of our team will be replaced soon and that will happen with Pep. Thats what this presser was about.

I just don't see the board allowing german internationals to leave just because of Pep. If he wants to get rid of some foreign players then sure, it's going to happen but Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller, etc won't be sold.

He's also getting destroyed in a few weeks in the DFB Pokal. That's going to be another hit in his image to the board members.

If the squad turns against him, like they turned against LvG, then I do see him leaving next season. And I think that's going to happen sooner or later

Marc

Yep, Hazard is going to get Mata'd.

He just won, unreservedly, young player of the season and Roman loves him. I bet Mourinho is closer to leaving than Hazard. Especially after admitting he plays shit football but it gets results, when Roman wants both and Mourinho is likely to win nothing this season.

Elchele

I could see the board sell Schweinsteiger. He's getting older and we already have Kroos.

Nah, they may allow him to leave if he asks to. But they won't sell him, he's an "emblem" of the club, and we don't know if Kroos is staying beyond 2015.

We probably will get rid of minor players like Contento, Pizarro :(, DvB, etc. But the german core is staying for sure. And I'm sure a part of that core are against Guardiola already

Jack cw

I just don't see the board allowing german internationals to leave just because of Pep. If he wants to get rid of some foreign players then sure, it's going to happen but Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller, etc won't be sold.

He's also getting destroyed in a few weeks in the DFB Pokal. That's going to be another hit in his image to the board members.

We did it with Ballack, Effenberg, Scholl, Matthäus and many others too.
We wont let our young players leave. Even Götze will stay, but predict less and less playtime for some others. The only question is who will join us. Lewandowski is a starter because he can actually play a false 9 and has incredible playing skill. If reports are correct then we get upgrades to our defence with Laporte and Luiz (yes, he is better than Boateng and Dante combined). Lets see who will join Thiago and Lahm and replace Ribery.

bjaelke

He just won, unreservedly, young player of the season and Roman loves him. I bet Mourinho is closer to leaving than Hazard. Especially after admitting he plays shit football but it gets results, when Roman wants both and Mourinho is likely to win nothing this season.

They'll both abandon ship this Summer for some Gazprom-funded project.

Walshy

BmoUlySIAAABQsz.jpg

Dat home record vs City.

Please be the same on Saturday.

Jack cw

Nah, they may allow him to leave if he asks to. But they won't sell him, he's an "emblem" of the club, and we don't know if Kroos is staying beyond 2015.

We probably will get rid of minor players like Contento, Pizarro :(, DvB, etc. But the german core is staying for sure. And I'm sure a part of that core are against Guardiola already

Dont underestimate the absence of Hoeneß. There is no comfort zone anymore. Pep was afraid of sitting Ribery on the bench because Hoeneß would never have let him. We will get rid of some bench players, yes. But the change will come. The "German Core" will stay at Bayern regardless and there is no agenda against Pep inside the club, they played to good this season. van Gaal and Guardiola are very different.

Elchele

Dont underestimate the absence of Hoeneß. There is no comfort zone anymore. Pep was afraid of sitting Ribery on the bench because Hoeneß would never have let him. We will get rid of some bench players, yes. But the change will come. The "German Core" will stay at Bayern regardless and there is no agenda against Pep inside the club, they played to good this season. van Gaal and Guardiola are very different.

Jack you're as blind as Bla.
stop

El Topo is the only one with a more realistic point of view now

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dat home record vs City.

Please be the same on Saturday.

Everton don't play MoyesBall anymore though. City will slice through their midfield with Barry gone, they won't be able to do anything.

Jack cw

are you forgetting Rode m8?

That was a Sammer/Hoeneß move to grab a german talent before Dortmund gets him. He will suffer the same fate as Kirchhoff before him. This isnt the time to rely on talents that will help us in 4 or 5 years. They can stay in the squad and learn, but Pep and Bayern know that there is no time for experiments. Our standard is higher and we need players who could achieve that. This time had to come eventually, key players are getting old and transition is coming. I like it that way. The alternative would be United with Moyes.

kmax

I think Pep must look carefully at his tactics for next season. Bayern aren't Barcelona. The set up of players they have aren't the same at all, so what he needs to do is try to adapt his system so it's compatible with the players he has. He needs to use Bayerns strengths and fix their weaknesses, because that is what they need to do if they want to be up top. Bayern's counter offense has taken a huge step back in favor of possession football. The notion that you're going to outplay your opponent if you keep the ball isn't going to work if your opponent's going to out run you, and with a lacking defense, you're just going to ask for trouble.

Bayern has very much the problem that Barca has, and that is that they get too reliant when they have such domination and control over the ball that they're two steps behind when they have to defend. Since they rarely get to defend as they have the ball so much, the defense is going to suffer cause of the slow play, as such, there's going to be a fast response from good opponents. There needs to be a balance, because too much of something good is detrimental.

With the fast players Bayern has, it would be ideal if he deployed a hybrid of fast play and possession, as it would be hard to adjust to that. Tiki-taka might of been the greatest 2008-2012, but it's very much different now. It's too predictable now.

faridmon

Barry is going to be a big loss I admit, but I am still confident.
But again it depends which defence shows up.
If Alcaraz plays, I'll kill myself!

Walshy

Barry is going to be a big loss I admit, but I am still confident.
But again it depends which defence shows up.
If Alcaraz plays, I'll kill myself!
Jagielka is probably going to be back.

I wish Distin was playing, but Stones is good cover.

Mirrallas will be a miss too.

Jack cw

stop

El Topo is the only one with a more realistic point of view now

I'm just thinking about it realistically. Look, they got Pep because they wanted his philosophy and they pay him record wages because thats what they want in the future. The board wont sack him. Why would they anyway? The season is good so far. Players getting older or doesnt fit into the system is something normal. Of course they coudl unite and play against him, but why should they? They missed on title (the biggest) in the last KO stage. Not a big deal. This hyperbole of some people here and in the media is hilarious.

Blablurn

stop

I respect your opinion about Pep. Yet I don't give a fuck about it. You can think whatever you want. You can write whatever you want. All fine by me. But if you keep calling me a joke character or blind just like now, the mods can ban you once more. I don't think I ever went personal on you. Why should I? No idea why you cannot accept other opinions. No idea what's going on. Maybe you need help with something? I would help you in an instant. Cause I like you as a poster. Make of it what you want. Either ignore me or talk to me on a nornal level. But stop those shenanigans when it comes to my person

Elchele

bla pls

That was a Sammer/Hoeneß move to grab a german talent before Dortmund gets him. He will suffer the same fate as Kirchhoff before him. This isnt the time to rely on talents that will help us in 4 or 5 years. They can stay in the squad and learn, but Pep and Bayern know that there is no time for experiments. Our standard is higher and we need players who could achieve that. This time had to come eventually, key players are getting old and transition is coming. I like it that way. The alternative would be United with Moyes.

He said Guardiola was the one interested in him

faridmon

Jagielka is probably going to be back.

I wish Distin was playing, but Stones is good cover.

Mirrallas will be a miss too.

As long as Alcaraz don't play, our defence will look competent. Mirallas will be a miss, but I reckon we will play with a different tactics now that we got turned over by Southampton playing the same tactics with no Mirallas.

Maybe Naismith on that right hand side with Barkley playing as a striker/attacking midfield.

Two days away and I'm already getting nervous :(
CW2WZk5.png

Loko v Zenit on Sunday. Nothing else is one at the same time, all you cunts should watch. AVB pls, don't play Kerzhakov.

confuziz

Banned
CW2WZk5.png

Loko v Zenit on Sunday. Nothing else is one at the same time, all you cunts should watch. AVB pls, don't play Kerzhakov.

Soon you will have Shaktar reign over the russian pl, there will be nothing left of zenit :lol

Walshy

Stones has been great cover.
He's been class whenever I've watched him.
As long as Alcaraz don't play, our defence will look competent. Mirallas will be a miss, but I reckon we will play with a different tactics now that we got turned over by Southampton playing the same tactics with no Mirallas.

Maybe Naismith on that right hand side with Barkley playing as a striker/attacking midfield.
What do you think of McGeady? Not good enough to start or has Naismith been that impressive?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
CW2WZk5.png

Can't, gonna be working. That's a hell of a title race from the look of the standings.

what are avb's stats at zenith like?
Won all 6 games with him in charge. Although I attribute some of that to getting rid of Spalletti's cancerous influence.

i will, Sviat. gotta support AVB taking over Russia.
9lI5YRC.jpg

Soon you will have Shaktar reign over the russian pl, there will be nothing left of zenit :lol
pls. Shaktar is poop. We smacked them around last time we played them in the CL. They can barely handle the Ukrainian league these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom