• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

I didn't want Ramos. Zorc/Klopp/Watzke wanted him, though.

I don't think that was the case for Rode.

You know what I mean. This was prevention like always with young talented players. Keeping it away from the competition only to trash those players. Bayern is best in this.

Can't, gonna be working. That's a hell of a title race from the look of the standings.

Loko play CSKA on the final matchday. It wouldn't be completely improbable where the winner of that match wins the league but if they draw then Zenit wins the league. I don't know if I could survive such a scenario. #prayforSviat

Razgreez

That was a Sammer/Hoeneß move to grab a german talent before Dortmund gets him. He will suffer the same fate as Kirchhoff before him. This isnt the time to rely on talents that will help us in 4 or 5 years. They can stay in the squad and learn, but Pep and Bayern know that there is no time for experiments. Our standard is higher and we need players who could achieve that. This time had to come eventually, key players are getting old and transition is coming. I like it that way. The alternative would be United with Moyes.

No time for experiments... All pep has been doing for the second half of the season has been experimentation - rather rapid experimentation which has often not been given enough time to prove itself truly successful. It's been a case of make a change - if bayern win (one or two games or high possession is maintained) accept change - if not try something else. There's seldom been reversion to "what has worked" except when it's been, almost desperately, forced by circumstances during a game. The changes have been neither structured nor systematic (nor logical - in my opinion)

This is what happens when EPL isn't front and centre in this thread. You fuckers start flinging shit like lobotomised chimps.

that's when the thread is at its worst.

if you're new, don't support anyone in the PL and all you read is 10 pages of Rodgers fellating, Mou trolling or depressed mancs sharing their depression it turns people away.

when the chimps are flinging shit it's awesome cause it shows no matter how small the team or the league you support is, you can join in on the flinging.

Carbonox

Seeing Monk dismissing talk of Jonjo Shelvey going to Toon

Must be mental even considering going to that circus at the moment.

It would suit him cos he's a clown of a footballer.

Despite that he'd be a step up from Sunday pub league level player Dan Gosling.

Jack cw

No time for experiments... All pep has been doing for the second half of the season has been experimentation - rather rapid experimentation which has often not been given enough time to prove itself truly successful. It's been a case of make a change - if bayern win (one or two games or high possession is maintained) accept change - if not try something else. There's seldom been reversion to "what has worked" except when it's been, almost desperately, forced by circumstances during a game. The changes have been neither structured nor systematic (nor logical - in my opinion)

Because its his first year with a new club. Jupp needed a humilation against Dortmund and another historically big defeat dahoam to finally find the proper tactics coupled with the players trauma because of this.

Pep needs time to see what system fits best with the players and his idea. He cant copy Barca and he cant play what Heynckes played simply because he isnt Heynckes. Those experimanets are ok but his mistake was to rotate too much and take away the rhythm and lacked to find the balance in defence and attack. In the end we won the league, super cup, world championship, made it under the last four in Europe and we are palying the cup final. The season was great so far. His second year will only get better.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
V3ZmSNU.jpg

That home defeat to Arsenal was terrible for us, if we had won that I really think we would have made the top 4.

Slizz

What in the fuck has been happening here? Someone summarize.

Also, it's Becks b-day today. I'll take a stadium as a gift.

Razgreez

Because its his first year with a new club. Jupp needed a humilation against Dortmund and another historically big defeat dahoam to finally find the proper tactics coupled with the players trauma because of this.

Pep needs time to see what system fits best with the players and his idea. He cant copy Barca and he cant play what Heynckes played simply because he isnt Heynckes. Those experimanets are ok but his mistake was to rotate too much and take away the rhythm and lacked to find the balance in defence and attack. In the end we won the league, super cup, world championship, made it under the last four in Europe and we are palying the cup final. The season was great so far. His second year will only get better.

I cannot share your optimism unfortunately but we shall see

Jack cw

I cannot share your optimism unfortunately but we shall see

Why are all of sudden so much success fans amongst Bayern supporters? Have you guys all forgotten where we come from? Some of you are acting like Bayern exists since 2010. We were irrelevant for more than 10 years now and have been outclassed on a regular basis by teams like Dortmund, Bremen, Wolfsburg, etc.

We had to suffer coaches like van Gaal, Klinsmann and Magath until things got better. You are now complaining about a lost semi final to an incredibly strong Madrid side and question what we accomplished this season because of that? Pep is competent and capable of being successful with his style of football. We won every trophy this season, exepct the CL and that is obviously not enough anymore...

We have some of the best players in our squad and get some new ones too, have a great city with great supporters, the best stadium, we are free of any debts, what is unique in Europes top clubs and a fantastic coach. Honestly, if thats no reason for being optimistic, then what is?

I get it guys, there's not been enough United formations of late and you're all feeling a little deprived.

Luckily, ol' papa Laboured has an upcoming surprise for you that I think you're going to enjoy.

Blablurn

Why are all of sudden so much success fans amongst Bayern supporters? Have you guys all forgotten where we come from? Some of you are acting like Bayern exists since 2010. We were irrelevant for more than 10 years now and have been outclassed on a regular basis by teams like Dortmund, Bremen, Wolfsburg, etc.

I guess it's a cultural thing.

We had to suffer coaches like van Gaal, Klinsmann and Magath until things got better. You are now complaining about a lost semi final to an incredibly strong Madrid side and question what we accomplished this season because of that? Pep is competent and capable of being successful with his style of football. We won every trophy this season, exepct the CL and that is obviously not enough anymore...

We have some of the best players in our squad and get some new ones too, have a great city with great supporters, the best stadium, we are free of any debts, what is unique in Europes top clubs and a fantastic coach. Honestly, if thats no reason for being optimistic, then what is?

This is a great post. Bayern have a great team, a great coach and a great position for continued success. All this drama even though somewhat expected because of the result lacks the perspective required to appreciate the success and failures in their proper dimension and context.

Good things are ahead for Bayern GAF. Don't overreact.

Feorax

I could see Chelsea selling Hazard in the summer.

Not because I think there's some irreconsilable problem, but because Willian and Salah are already excellent wide attackers for Chelsea's style of play, and selling Hazard could finance a complete rebuild of the central midfield position, where only really Matic could be said to be good enough to be there next season.

Not because I think there's some irreconsilable problem, but because Willian and Salah are already excellent wide attackers for Chelsea's style of play, and selling Hazard could finance a complete rebuild of the central midfield position, where only really Matic could be said to be good enough to be there next season.

I could see them selling Hazard in order to comply with FFP.

Not. A. Chance.

Hazard is the star, he is going to be one of the world's very best players - or at least has a great chance to be.

Since they play with those 3 AM's they need at least 5 players to fill those roles. If they sell Hazard they need to bring someone else.

And they just made a solid £25m profit in January and are well within FFP rulings.

And Van Ginkel - mind you no idea how good he is but he's meant to be very good.

LTWheels

@JamesPearceEcho: Daniel Sturridge hasn't trained this week due to ongoing hamstring problem. He is set to rejoin training on Saturday. #LFC

Danchi

Nice to see the Daily Star "TEXT Maniacs" page is keeping the quality high.
We get all the papers at work, I swear.

"I swear 2 bill shankly if we let da prem slip frm r grasp i'll start supptin mcfc. Gerro must go afta dat slip."

"hello txtrs av you noticed sheff wendy txtrs only prattle about THE MIGHTY BLADES cos theres nowt to say about that pile on the outskirts of SHEFFIELD. THE STEEL CITY IS RED N WHITE n you dont like it do yer."

They're never gonna sell him - not until he's old or turns shit.

He's brilliant. In what world are Chelsea going to sell their best player? Only scenario I can imagine is where a manager doesn't want him but even then I don't think their board would sanction the sale of a player that good unless they are replacing him.

And yes, they sold Mata - but very different circumstances.

dc89

giggsy gives me strength to finish my diet because i really hate celery but giggsy helps me to eat it. GGUM

---

I don't need to tell anyone where that quote is from.

pulga

Banned
wait, all this Pep talk and you guys haven't posted the most baffling quote yet?

'The reason for the defeat is that we played too little with the ball,' he said.

9MaM40w.png

70% is too little?

TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png