• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Rodvik is the wise one then

Wedward is Edgar, who will become king of this thread after having defeated his treacherous brother Baki-Edmund in a confrontation at the Emirates.

pulga

Banned
Interesting this:

Benzema
UdYtSAw.png

Ronaldo
reAmrAu.png

brings into perspective how much sweat and sacrifice Benzema puts in for the team

You know what I mean. This was prevention like always with young talented players. Keeping it away from the competition only to trash those players. Bayern is best in this.

Don't know.

I'm convinced that Sammer had the idea of an all German Bayern side in his mind and was/is sure that Rode will be useful.

I don't see it.

Taking quotes about quotes being out of context, out of context. That's some meta shit football thread.

There was nothing critical in what he said. When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team. Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had in the first goal.

Eden is the kind of player that is not so mentally ready to look back to his left-back and to leave his life for him. If you see the first goal of Atletico you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal. The perfect team at the top level cannot make these kinds of mistakes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...context?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's not coming to whatever shitty club you support, sorry.

Razgreez

Why are all of sudden so much success fans amongst Bayern supporters?

A success fan? Surely you jest. I've been a bayern supporter since I began watching football. The pain of that 99 final taught me a great lesson "learn to embrace the most punishing defeat - only then can you truly appreciate victory and realistically avoid disappointment".

Klingsmann was a seemingly emotionally motivated appointment and a complete failure, Magath struggled through a transitioning period (perhaps made worse by his own tactics) and van Gaal well, thanks to the risks he took bayern have some of the best internally developed talent. But that's not what is at issue here.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that bayern currently have many players in their prime and are not utilising them adequately - form not withstanding. In other words Pep is wasting that precious period of actual "player superiority" (however minute that superiority might be) by poorly utilising the team at his disposal. History has shown time and time again how quickly that wave of strength can pass - and by that I mean your team is still strong but that edge is gone (not a complete collapse which can only occur due to very poor decision making). It's akin to having the best tools in the shed yet using a screwdriver to hammer in a nail because your "philosophy" is against using hammers to do their job and then complaining that had the nail had grooves in its head then the screwdriver would have done the job.

Anyway, enough of my convoluted analogies - as stated before Pep has yet to prove himself (again in my opinion) and yes I'm aware of his pedigree but sometimes even the best of managers of just poor fits for a club/team. Do i want bayern to be successful? Of course. Do i understand that success can never be entirely constant? Definitely. But to say that this bayern team hasn't moved many steps backwards and to lay all the blame on the players is surely illogical

Interesting this:

brings into perspective how much sweat and sacrifice Benzema puts in for the team

How do you think Ronaldo scores so many goals? He's always the player that is the furthest up the pitch. The team is built around him. He also makes it tough for his fb because he stays up.

Ronaldo is basically your striker. He starts out on the wing, but plays nothing like a winger.

Everton has only lost two games at home this season.

City have not won half of their away games.

Believe hitch.

I started to believe when we beat Swansea. I thought it may well happen when we beat City. I thought we'd done the hard part when we scraped past Norwich. I believed against Chelsea.

I had that belief shoved so far up my arse, I can still taste it 5 days later. Nah, belief isn't for me. Back to rampant pessimism I go. This is your fault Stevie, you magnificent bloody bastard. Of all the times to take your eye off the ball. Of all the times.

I am ready to accept our fate as top-half hoverers, occasional first-place nearly men. It is written in the stars for us and we will forever dance to this tune.The footballing Gods are cruel, and we flew too close to the sun.

Oh misery, oh misery, oh woe is me, oh woe is LFC.

*single tear*

pls Everton. Just this once. I'm begging ya, farid. Just don't let Alcaraz near the pitch. Give yourselves a chance. Give yourselves a chance to give us a chance. Prolong this hopeful misery.

I haven't slept a wink for 28 hours

pulga

Banned
How do you think Ronaldo scores so many goals? He's always the player that is the furthest up the pitch. The team is built around him. He also makes it tough for his fb because he stays up.

Ronaldo is basically your striker. He starts out on the wing, but plays nothing like a winger.

Agreed, but he was also all over the place.

sFqfqGB.png

Meanwhile, Bale and

AXOsm7W.png

Di Maria

XVaCTnQ.png
]

Full on winger duty. Dat 4-4-1-1

Elchele

r u shitting me

link, quote, SOMETHING

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Goetze :" Of course I am not happy, But I will fight to gain the coach trust"

( so basically Pep don't trust him, and we see that from Pep' lineup)

BILD+ :" Goezte knows that Pep depends on the other players, why?!"

BILD+ :" Pep wanted Neymar, but he got Goetze, Pep have a little trust in Goetze"

BILD+ :" Pep communication with Goetze is very weak in training, unlike Thiago, Basti, and Ribery ".

BILD+ :" The relation between Pep and Goetze is on ice"

BILD+ :" is it solvable ?!"

Would still take Suarez over him though. Suarez has every bit of the link up play Benzema has, perhaps even more so and is much deadlier in front of goal and on the 1 on 1.

I don't think a player like Suarez and Ronaldo can coexist. This would mess team chemistry. Remember Higuain and how much trouble it had playing him along Ronaldo? This will only get worse with Suarez. Suarez is as selfish or even more selfish that Ronaldo. This drama and the Spanish press would remove all tranquility from the team. I would prefer Kun to be honest pulga heck I'm fine with Benz. Less controversy more time for the players to think only about football and the team. However I think Morata needs to be loaned out to continue his development as the top dog striker for an 1st line Europe club (not Italy) for a year or so.

I also have reservations about Pogba and Vidal. Seria A seems to have a subpar quality from a distance and would prefer we go with players from Spain/BPL.

Gotze saying that he's unhappy about his situation at Bayern.

LOOOOL

Maybe he shouldn't have left his form slip and gotten so chunky. That has nothing to do with Pep. Young players need to understand that form is not a permanent fixture and needs them put in the work to be sustained. If was pep I wouldn't play him either.

Maybe he shouldn't have left his form slip and gotten so chunky. That has nothing to do with Pep. Young players need to understand that form is not a permanent fixture and needs them put in the work to be sustained. If was pep I wouldn't play him either.
All well and good but you just know Guardiola is one of those "it's not you it's me" types.

Says it just so he doesn't look bad.

All well and good but you just know Guardiola is one of those "it's not you it's me" types.

Says it just so he doesn't look bad.

True. I don't like Pep attempts at diplomacy. He prefers to do things in a non confrontational way. I think with Mario he didn't wanted to call out the big signing from the board as a mistake. I think we should send a copy of Ibra's book for him to understand the nuances in Pep's behavior.

I think Van Gal cares very little for players in other teams. He prefers using younger players already part of the team. He pushes a lot the team's identity and prefers players developed within the team. Just my impression of him though so I can be totally wrong.

Carbonox

Who would go for Gotze if he did end up leaving? I still like him, though I'm more keen on his potential than his actual output lately. He looked really bright at Dortmund.

Podgy cunt.

Jarnet87

I think Van Gal cares very little for players in other teams. He prefers using younger players already part of the team. He pushes a lot the team's identity and prefers players developed within the team. Just my impression of him though so I can be totally wrong.

If van Gaal can turn Cleverly into a good player, he deserves to be knighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom