• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

He can play anywhere on attack, but he has always been better behind the striker. That's where he played at the end of last season and the place where he played when LvG was around.

He also has been good as RW sometimes, but he isn't great there because he's not a flashy player. Doesn't offer too much on the wing, except crosses and moving to the center.

I would say RW is the best I've seen of him.

he basically moves to the center when he plays as RW tho

Clegg

I think Van Gal cares very little for players in other teams. He prefers using younger players already part of the team. He pushes a lot the team's identity and prefers players developed within the team. Just my impression of him though so I can be totally wrong.
United doesn't have anyone in the youth sides ready to step up. Maybe James Wilson but he's a striker and we already have lots of quality there. United needs to spend big on midfielders and a left back.

United doesn't have anyone on the youth side ready to step up. Maybe James Wilson but he's a striker and we already have lots of quality there. United needs to spend big on midfielders and a left back.
That makes sense and is variable that I didn't took into account, thanks for the info Clegg. In that context I would expect him to target younger players that he can shape to his liking. Is harder to teach older players to do a style of football and Van Gal will put the team to play his brand of football.

Yen

BmpB3w1CcAAh0Mk.jpg

Oh, and when I asked this exact same question about Isco, (a much, much lesser known player at the time) I got ridiculed.

Fuck off, FootyGAF. Can't wait to be rid of you after the WC :mad:

Well tbf my question was reasonably tongue-in-cheek since it appears most of his highly regarded coaches aren't sure of his best position.

Not sure you could say the same of Isco? Maybe you could.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I swear if we spend this summer signing no.10's

pulga

Banned
Well tbf my question was reasonably tongue-in-cheek since it appears most of his highly regarded coaches aren't sure of his best position.

Not sure you could say the same of Isco? Maybe you could.

Considering Isco has played as winger, CM, #10 and false-9 this season, and no one is yet to pinpoint where he works best, I feel my doubts have been vindicated.

Elchele

Considering Isco has played as winger, CM, #10 and false-9 this season, and no one is yet to pinpoint where he works best, I feel my doubts have been vindicated.

Judging by how he played at Malaga, I would say he's a #10 (CAM). Obviously players are nowdays very complete and versatile to play in various positions. He had to adapt, because Ancelotti uses a 4-3-3, that's why he struggled so much in the first half of the season.

MrKaepora

Looks like Benfica can appeal to UEFA about Markovic.

Vucinic, juve player, says that he wasn't fighting with Markovic but with the GK Artur.

Marc

@Tyrion

And it's Miranda in a state of undress.

Account protected, its maddening! :D The lengths we go to in order to see a bit of arse.

Requested to follow, I mostly just use mine to berate people though. You have done well to get that name btw, must read the books? Just hope they have a spin off show for Tyrion and you get offered a ton to sell it.

Congrats confuziz, that has to be a dream come true.

deroli

Serves him right.

Poor Kloppo, when Gotze told him he wanted to go work with Guardiola.

Soon Pep will be walking out of rooms Gotze is in.

Next step on his career ladder after some more disappointing years under Super-Pep: Schalke Nullvier! Of course, in his first match against us he's going to score a stunning winner in the 93th minute. Enough for Schalke to declare him a Schalke Legend™ and neber eber handing out his shirt number again. However, he has become even deader than he's now, wearing that ugly Königsblau shirt and playing every second week in a sports hall. He will lose any glimpse of hope left when they put a pit lamp on him, smear coal in his face and throw him down a mine.
442607268ka2r.jpg

"Schalke is a massive club with great fans and I love playing here :I"

After he has led Schalke to a couple of vice-championships, he will go to some dubious newly rich club, because he has "always dreamed" of playing in the Caucasus, Dnepropetrovsk or Leipzig. That'll be his last season in professional football though, as the years in München have left their mark on his footballing skills - and his time in Gelsenkirchen on his mental condition. Meanwhile Kevin Großkreutz receives the World Cup trophy as the captain of the German National Team, but that's just a little piece of extra information.
2512_7olxq6.jpg

His name will then be in the news for one last time, when he joins a lower league club that desperately needs some attention.
ma-kfc-uerdingen-ailtveaoi.jpg

But he can't even keep up with his fourth division teammates; everytime he gets the ball, his body refuses to move, his thoughts revolve around that day in April 2013 when he pointed the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Also, the shirts have become too tight for him.

He finally makes his best decision in years when he quits playing football and instead becomes his club's mascot (the #Elefaith), at the age of 27.
ailton_originaldatei_6cyjj.jpg

And then... I wake up :( But it is nice to have dreams.

Carbonox

Next step on his career ladder after some more disappointing years under Super-Pep: Schalke Nullvier! Of course, in his first match against us he's going to score a stunning winner in the 93th minute. Enough for Schalke to declare him a Schalke Legend™ and neber eber handing out his shirt number again. However, he has become even deader than he's now, wearing that ugly Königsblau shirt and playing every second week in a sports hall. He will lose any glimpse of hope left when they put a pit lamp on him, smear coal in his face and throw him down a mine.
442607268ka2r.jpg

"Schalke is a massive club with great fans and I love playing here :I"

After he has led Schalke to a couple of vice-championships, he will go to some dubious newly rich club, because he has "always dreamed" of playing in the Caucasus, Dnepropetrovsk or Leipzig. That'll be his last season in professional football though, as the years in München have left their mark on his footballing skills - and his time in Gelsenkirchen on his mental condition. Meanwhile Kevin Großkreutz receives the World Cup trophy as the captain of the German National Team, but that's just a little piece of extra information.
2512_7olxq6.jpg

His name will then be in the news for one last time, when he joins a lower league club that desperately needs some attention.
ma-kfc-uerdingen-ailtveaoi.jpg

But he can't even keep up with his fourth division teammates; everytime he gets the ball, his body refuses to move, his thoughts revolve around that day in April 2013 when he pointed the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Also, the shirts have become too tight for him.

He finally makes his best decision in years when he quits playing football and instead becomes his club's mascot (the #Elefaith), at the age of 27.
ailton_originaldatei_6cyjj.jpg

And then... I wake up :( But it is nice to have dreams.

01d.gif

There's also Djuricic.

We'll see.

Whoever plays, I'm pretty confident on this team. They have a strong group spirit and know each other very well.

i wonder if Jesus will bet on Cardozo for the EL final. i hope he'd use him in the league, build his confidence in the nothing matches, and keep the faster Lima and Rodrigo duo for the remaining finals.

I could see them selling Hazard in order to comply with FFP.

One of the twitter accounts I follow for Chelsea stuff does regular breakdowns of deals (inc wages etc) and other financial stuff. They have basically said with our new kit deal and shirt sponsor (plus other sponsorship etc, apparently we're strengthening our ties to Gazprom) providing we don't go mental with signings FFP will unlikely be a significant problem for us as we've been planning for it and also the big reason we aren't sure on whether to get Shaw or not.

We've invested in lots of youngsters that can be sold on (or future first team players) and someone like Courtois we paid £7m~ for him, and have received about as much from Atletico - probably inc wages (£1m a season) since he's been on loan there... plenty of other loans too.

Mata and KdB went for big money (especially compared to book value) and we'll probably sell Luiz, Mikel, Ba, Torres and Eto'o in the summer and possibly Ramires as well. JT/Cole/Lampard all offered new deals on practically half money - JT is on £175k~ so thats a big saving if he signs. Cahill, Azpili, Ivanovic, Oscar not on big wages... bare in mind FFP is a loss of £37m each season even if we were in the red (which we were £50m loss and £1.5m profit or whatever) as long as we're within the bounds it doesn't matter but I wouldn't expect another big summer like we had under RDM with Hazard, Oscar, Azpili, Moses and Marin

Hazard will leave at some point for Real Madrid but I don't see it happening yet and especially not for FFP. Also expect some youngsters to filter through as they have to, when JT, Cole and Lamps leave thats 3 trained in the nation players for European registration and 1 trained at the club who either have to be replaced or we can only register 17 players.

Danchi

I kinda wanted to see what he could with the Peru job, but it will be more fun to see him on a week-to-week basis again. Finally a reason to care about the French league...

LTWheels

What do you guys think of Project Beast? Demon's Souls PS4?

I don't think it's demon souls or they would straight out say instead of calling it project beast. Something new.

I also think it will play differently from the Soul games as From is not going to what to make something so similar that it competes with its own game.

Fernando is banned from being picked to represent the Portuguese National team, so FIFA decided.

i say good riddance, after his bullshit comments.

Kokorin is too good to play for Dinamo. Can't believe he didn't want to come to Zenit :(

Was probably afraid of the competition with Kerzhakov.

Bye Yurt.

Müller can potentially fail in the PL, hard. Over the past few years he became the embodiment of a diving, ever-lamenting cunt. He's completely average in 1:1 and will have a really hard time at a team like Utd. where there is barely any passing fluidity and they expect players to through two defenders to be considered good.

rofl @ Goatse turning into Rooney at 21. Good riddance

L1NETT

That's his shtick. Thread after thread after thread.

Ah right.

Bet Christmas is fun round his house

"Turkey? Why do we have that over and over and over,"

--

Oh and Pulga, if ye see this, I 100% agree with about the Arrow thread thing. Creepy weird as shit, especially the long ones with no subtly at all. Just straight up wank banks being written down.

101greatgoals really has gone to shit. Fucking Vine videos filmed by someone pointing a phone from 2006 at a monitor that open in a new tab, rather than the 5 minute highlights that used to be so easy to find on there :(

Nailing my flag to the mast now. I really don't like game announcement leaks. I'd have gone fucking ballistic if Project Beast is real, and the first we'd heard of it was a trailer with gameplay at E3.

@Laboured, how do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom