• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Rider

You'll note that a league is more than two or three teams.

You'll note that these two or three teams can thrash all teams in whatever league you deem better and top its table making it a "two or three teams" league.

You also need to note that those other teams you look at as "lesser" teams are thrashing other teams in EL on yearly bases.

WJD

Somebody pass the ball to Wilson ffs. This is probably the lowest amount of touches he's ever had in a game.

Aye, he's struggled. Think he needs to be more demanding out there; couple of times he could have been played in but for selfishness from his teammates - needs to start tearing some strips off.

Pereira has the frustrating knack of doing the hard things well and the simpler things... not so well.

Meier

This is pretty funny. The Shelvey description is certainly the best of the lot:

CM: JONJO SHELVEY
Shelvey's weirdness is perfectly typified by his performance against old club Liverpool this season. Before the match, he said he was going to treat it like any other game; keep his head down, not let the past get to him. By the end of it, he'd scored once (for Swansea), set up another two (for Liverpool) and then set up another (for Swansea). He spent most of the game panicking from box to box, like a spooked ostrich in a house of mirrors. His distribution veered between Zidane and Zombie Jesus. He has played terribly at points this season, yet has still managed to score one of its best goals.

He's a bizarre kind of player, an imposing yet erratic midfielder who for some reason wants to attack everyone and everything, like Yaya Toure with rabies. But at the same time he can appear stupidly delicate. He's capable of sublime skill and, during moments of obvious mental crisis – Shelvey is not very good at hiding these, at all – his teammates protect him like a haemophiliac prince. Plus he looks, in the words of a pal of mine, like "a friendly alien from Farscape".

Needless to say, he's a shoo-in for the VICE alternative team of the season. In fact, he's the fucking captain.
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/vices-11-favourite-players-of-the-season?utm_source=vicefbuk

bjaelke

tUAYzpn.png

I've done the simulation - feel free to place your bets.

I didn't even watch it.

Literally just got through the door.

But ours are not very good at all so if you've lost to them, at home, that's pretty grim.

We suffocated them with our shit football. United are an attacking black hole. Best defensive record in the u21s by far. Shit amount of goals scored.

ilFIpz3gDM5j3.gif

We suffocated them with our shit football. United are an attacking black hole. Best defensive record in the u21s by far. Shit amount of goals scored.

ilFIpz3gDM5j3.gif
It would be pretty funny if we somehow retained this trophy.

I saw Lawrence got a new contract. He should have left, not gonna make it at United. Reckon he would have got a decent club. Now he's just gonna play for the reserves for a few months and stagnate again.

Shame Wilson got injured again. Probably no debut now :(

FootballFan

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108852759&postcount=8655

"A few more days until both Madrid teams destroy their weaker opponents!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107774134&postcount=13826

"Real Madrid vs Atletico final confirmed... can't wait Lisbon 2014 here i come!"

Cappa-domus at your service.

EPL = Best League in the World™

You'll note that these two or three teams can thrash all teams in whatever league you deem better and top its table making it a "two or three teams" league.

You also need to note that those other teams you look at as "lesser" teams are thrashing other teams in EL on yearly bases.

Smh

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Dundee United have raised over £22k on a crowd fund to give the underprivileged free tickets to the Scottish Cup final. https://www.justgiving.com/cupfinalfund

Looks like all SPFL supporters are chipping in, even St Johnstone fans who they're playing against!

Just astonishing the generosity from people who genuinely care about the good of the game in Scotland. Just now I saw a donation come in from a St. Johnstone fan FFS.

I have never been much of a fan of Celtic or their support for that matter but the contributions they have made are stunning. almost humbling. Countless other teams contributing as well of course..

Just goes to show how, as a Club, as a support, we've transcended the game with what this represents.

A massive THANK YOU to those non-arabs in order. Just unreal.

(Note: The Arabs their nickname)

Also a massive fuck you to the Scottish FA who were charging £35 for kids tickets.

Randdalf

I want to re-read AFFC and ADWD.

Collapsed on my bed post-KFC watching the match.

You should try the combined reading order, when you read both books at the same time. I'm going to do it preparation for TWOW.

http://boiledleather.com/post/25902554148/a-new-reader-friendly-combined-reading-order-for-a

Also, AFFC is a really good book, just don't read it like ASOS. I found it boring the first time round because I was rushing through the chapters, but if you do it slowly and take in all the detail it comes to life: I missed so much stuff the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom