• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

So Tyson Gay's ban is back dated from the time of the test and is therefore able to compete from next month. Nice one.
Wasn't he forced to give up his Olympic medal too?

His reputation is in tatters. Shame too as he was soine of the few who was thought to be a genuinely clean sprinter. It's pretty clear now that they're all at it. Including Bolt.

avaya

So Tyson Gay's ban is back dated from the time of the test and is therefore able to compete from next month. Nice one.

Bolt is also on drugs, blatantly, but being the new face of Athletics and the money he's bringing in makes it difficult for them to kill him publicly.

Gay, caught in a sport which has a testing regime 1000x stricter than football.

Nothing to see here.

Meier

Back pages really going for the Mourinho/Hazard story.

Stupid of him to criticise him publicly.

Mourinho's response was pretty ugly. Could definitely see him being sold this summer which I would not have believed was a legit possibility prior to that.

Mourinho's response was pretty ugly. Could definitely see him being sold this summer which I would not have believed was a legit possibility prior to that.
I can't see that happening (for reasons I mentioned earlier) and I don't think Mourinho actually has any real issue with him. I'm sure he's a little annoyed to hear his players vent frustration like that, though.

But yeah - just don't slam your players publicly. It's just not gonna work our well. Press will make a story out of anything and they've got one to run with now. Easily avoidable.

wedward

Bolt is also on drugs, blatantly, but being the new face of Athletics and the money he's bringing in makes it difficult for them to kill him publicly.

Nothing to see here.

What is your opinion on drugs?

Are you just upset that Arsenal don't use them?

Clegg

Mourinho wouldn't be so foolish as to sell Hazard. He's a genuinely brilliant player. Wilian and Schurrle a both v good wide forwards, but Hazard just has that ability to make everything look so easy. He's their most potent attacking player by far.

Nothing to see here.
No offense but you don't seem to know much about Athletics.

Randdalf

Nothing to see here.

Bolt is just a freak of nature, I don't think he cheats at all, just physically gifted.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone believe Arsenal will buy Carlos Vela back from Real Sociedad? He's had a great stint at Real Sociedad.

L1NETT

I really hope Bolt isn't on drugs for the good of the sport, he's just such a big name

However, my cynical side looks at his times etc and........come on.

Meier

Btw Meier, what are the chances of Manziel being drafted by the Texans?

So gifted that he can obliterate people on drugs? Sounds dodgy.

I think they're pretty high but who knows. There's a lot of talk of the Texans trading down. i think Clowney should go #1 personally. Reports coming in every direction about Dallas and Houston either wanting Manziel or not being interested. The NFL Draft is interesting, there are so many smoke screens.

R.e. Bolt: I'd be shocked if he wasn't busted down the line. I saw some Russian female world record holder for marathons just got busted and is having her records stripped. In general, it's hard to believe any runners who are breaking records significantly aren't taking something illegal. There is such a huge precedent of it at this point.

Does anyone believe Arsenal will buy Carlos Vela back from Real Sociedad? He's had a great stint at Real Sociedad.

Marca are quoting him as saying he is ready to leave Spain and would be happy with a move to England.

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/02/en/football/spanish_football/1399059369.html?

I think they're pretty high but who knows. There's a lot of talk of the Texans trading down. i think Clowney should go #1 personally. Reports coming in every direction about Dallas and Houston either wanting Manziel or not being interested. The NFL Draft is interesting, there are so many smoke screens.

R.e. Bolt: I'd be shocked if he wasn't busted down the line. I saw some Russian female world record holder for marathons just got busted and is having her records stripped. In general, it's hard to believe any runners who are breaking records significantly aren't taking something illegal. There is such a huge precedent of it at this point.

Marca are quoting him as saying he is ready to leave Spain and would be happy with a move to England.

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/02/en/football/spanish_football/1399059369.html?

Arsenal still have a really cheap buy-back on him as well. He's done well this season.

Caught using PEDs with no decent excuse?

Life ban, records stripped, fuck off, onto catching the next one

Bollocks to this nonsense about being able to go through courts to fight for your right to compete. If the various committees don't want someone competing, it should be up to them. Fuck Dwayne Chambers.

On Hazard...

BmiEjA3IMAAnyvH.jpg

Kid just wants to enjoy himself.

avaya

What is your opinion on drugs?

Are you just upset that Arsenal don't use them?

You can not watch any professional sport and think it's clean. If you think that you are genuinely delusional. Read the Armstrong WADA evidence, it is so incredibly damning to the concept that drugs testing works and that was in cycling which has a testing regime that is incredibly invasive and incredibly strict, the most stringent in sport by far. He never failed a single drugs test, apart from 1 in 1999 which he got off for on some BS medical excuse (which was later exposed as a cover-up).

Once you realise everyone is fucking cheating, some sports more institutionalised to it than others (the Omerta in football is very strong), you are basically leaving so much on the table by not doing it. Arsene got left behind on 'training methods' - this is a coded word. No conspiracy shit, it's obvious what they're referring to. He's a man sticking to his principles but at this point it's pointless.

If you want to understand the strength of the Omerta in football, just look at the treatment of Zeman for exposing Juve's mega-cheat nandrolone/EPO gang.

Italy's rise in the late 80s to late 90s was fuelled by new training methods i.e. the widespread use of EPO/nan. Spain's rise since is due to the advancement of blood doping techniques, micro dosed EPO regimes and hgH for better muscle recovery game-to-game.

Spanish doping is actually heavily institutionalised, the Operation Puerto case and the ordered destruction of hundreds of blood bags from the Fuentes clinic, bags which belonged to non-cycling client's is a damning indictment of the Spanish government. They are such incredible incredible cheats and the behaviour is borderline culturally acceptable.

Also look at the ostracisation of several German players who casually exposed the pharmacy culture in their national team (miracle in 1954 thanks to amphetamines) and clubs.

As a general rule, drugs are like WMDs in sport, once someone else has them, you are giving up such a massive advantage by not doing yourself. If you beat people who are on drugs there is an immediate (and rightly so) incredible amount of suspicion on you. The medical professionals who supply athletes say as much themselves.

The problem is with vested interests and money. The fallout from the football revelations would be one for the ages. But no one is paying attention and we go through the sham of joke-status urine tests.

Salvadora

avaya, I think more people would take you seriously about drug abuse in Football if it wasn't the only thing you posted about.

I'd genuinely like to hear your thoughts about Arsenal in general, our season & possible summer business.

wedward

You can not watch any professional sport and think it's clean. If you think that you are genuinely delusional. Read the Armstrong WADA evidence, it is so incredibly damning to the concept that drugs testing works and that was in cycling which has a testing regime that is incredibly invasive and incredibly strict, the most stringent in sport by far. He never failed a single drugs test, apart from 1 in 1999 which he got off for on some BS medical excuse (which was later exposed as a cover-up).

Once you realise everyone is fucking cheating, some sports more institutionalised to it than others (the Omerta in football is very strong), you are basically leaving so much on the table by not doing it. Arsene got left behind on 'training methods' - this is a coded word. No conspiracy shit, it's obvious what they're referring to. He's a man sticking to his principles but at this point it's pointless.

If you want to understand the strength of the Omerta in football, just look at the treatment of Zeman for exposing Juve's mega-cheat nandrolone/EPO gang.

Italy's rise in the late 80s to late 90s was fuelled by new training methods i.e. the widespread use of EPO/nan. Spain's rise since is due to the advancement of blood doping techniques, micro dosed EPO regimes and hgH for better muscle recovery game-to-game.

Spanish doping is actually heavily institutionalised, the Operation Puerto case and the ordered destruction of hundreds of blood bags from the Fuentes clinic, bags which belonged to non-cycling client's is a damning indictment of the Spanish government. They are such incredible incredible cheats and the behaviour is borderline culturally acceptable.

Also look at the ostracisation of several German players who casually exposed the pharmacy culture in their national team (miracle in 1954 thanks to amphetamines) and clubs.

As a general rule, drugs are like WMDs in sport, once someone else has them, you are giving up such a massive advantage by not doing yourself. If you beat people who are on drugs there is an immediate (and rightly so) incredible amount of suspicion on you. The medical professionals who supply athletes say as much themselves.

The problem is with vested interests and money. The fallout from the football revelations would be one for the ages. But no one is paying attention and we go through the sham of joke-status urine tests.

Lol. I believe all of this. I was asking your opinion because every time PEDS are mentioned on this board you magically pop up. You just posted an 8 paragraph rant about sports and doping. Does it bother you that much if people think sports are clean?

Like, what is your motive here? Are you just trying to spread the good word and wake everyone up? I don't get it.

I'd genuinely like to hear your thoughts about Arsenal in general, our season & possible summer business.

Wenger is senile and needs to go. Any manager would better that Wenger. Bring in a good doping program.

That about sums him up.

Hmm, Giggs suggested he could manage another club next year in his presser.

That would be the best thing for him and United IMO.

Newcastle
West Ham

Take your pick.

Made me laugh on FW when they made the point I've made before, and has probably been made a million times by others. West Ham are always talking about their history of playing brilliant football, but I haven't seen it in the 7 years I've been watching football properly, and I'm lef to believe they've been on the spectrum between decent and turgid for long before that.

L1NETT

Aye Viva, would be fucking shocked if a prem club snaps him up.

Only thing is, he's got nowt knowledge of another club like he does United.

Can see him at a Notts County or something like that.

Birmingham

Villa

If Birmingham get relegated.....you never know in football.

Clegg

No idea. It definitely wouldn't be a Premier League team.

But wherever it was - managing a team is going to be better for him than a token position at United.
If he goes then it may just stop this alleged power struggle between Fergie's boys and Woodward.

Meier

In recent years the kids at the university I work at have this foam sword fight on the final day of classes. Took a video while I was at lunch.. turned part of it into a gif. Someone make this a banned gif or something. :lol

FortunateShamelessAntlion.gif

Scum

Newcastle
West Ham

Take your pick.

Made me laugh on FW when they made the point I've made before, and has probably been made a million times by others. West Ham are always talking about their history of playing brilliant football, but I haven't seen it in the 7 years I've been watching football properly, and I'm lef to believe they've been on the spectrum between decent and turgid for long before that.

Cheers for the jinx. That's three wins out of three over lolspurs.

greeting footygaff
come on city u cunts u better not mess up tomo. 2 trophyless seasons for 'the boring one' would pipe down his fans. also hazzard dropping truth bombs!! ouch, hope he unshackles the chains mourinho has him and the whole team under, a player of hazzard quality deserves to play for a team that actually plays footy

Scum

greeting footygaff
come on city u cunts u better not mess up tomo. 2 trophyless seasons for 'the boring one' would pipe down his fans. also hazzard dropping truth bombs!! ouch, hope he unshackles the chains mourinho has him and the whole team under, a player of hazzard quality deserves to play for a team that actually plays footy
Morning, FF.

greeting footygaff

How about you learn to spell his name right? Fucking clueless wank stain. This reads like one of those youtube comments even the youtube commenters downvote, typing out you instead of u is not that much effort.

Why are you happy about it?

Quite possible one of the worst defenders of all time.

and a huge cunt too.

How about you learn to spell his name right? Fucking clueless wank stain. This reads like one of those youtube comments even the youtube commenters downvote, typing out you instead of u is not that much effort.

Quite possible one of the worst defenders of all time.

and a huge cunt too.

I bought him for United once in one of my FM games and he was quite good :lol

hahahhahahahahaha truth bombs hurt u much?? those tears, that reaction haha hilarious
ps. i would insult ur club but i dont even know who the loser in ur avatar is. must be some irrelevant small club haha stay mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom