• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evra said:
I was talking with Adnan and telling him, "these people were like us, they were on a plane going to play a football game. I always pray before the games, but I asked "can I ask something for the Busby Babes". That's why when I scored you can see I was really emotional".

I love Pat. Why did you have to become crap :(

avaya

Lol. I believe all of this. I was asking your opinion because every time PEDS are mentioned on this board you magically pop up. You just posted an 8 paragraph rant about sports and doping. Does it bother you that much if people think sports are clean?

Like, what is your motive here? Are you just trying to spread the good word and wake everyone up? I don't get it.

Wenger is senile and needs to go. Any manager would better that Wenger. Bring in a good doping program.

That about sums him up.

I have to admit the Armstrong WADA evidence (i already thought he was dodgy given the sheer amount of claims made against him) was utterly eye opening for me personally and kinda took a lot of the joy out of watching sports for me. The ineffecacy of even the strictest of testing controls (blood passport pioneered in the wake of the Armstrong thing is full of holes) was jarring to me.

I'd prefer people be open and honest about what's really going on. Some people don't care, and fair enough, others are still locked in a fantasy world where they still believe in the righteous and saintly nature of their favoured sports teams/personalities (tennis fans in particular). But the sheer tribal nature of football just drew me back in. I still root for the asteroid to hit the stadium when Chavs and Mancs play each other. I still hate the Spudz.

As for Arsenal, I'm harsh on Arsene because he has ruined his legacy by staying on for so long and refusing to change (not just drugs, tactics and approach too). I maintain that we will never win the league with him still there and Liverpool's performance this year stands as a testament to the sort of chance we had this year and I think many of you accept you he fluffed it in January by now buying a striker.

I don't even feel sad or angry when we lose, I just feel sorry for him. We are stuck re-living the same failures year after year and the lack of ambition shown by the club is striking while they charge people the highest prices in the land to watch a team that, if you are honest, doesn't play the best football in the land and hasn't done so for many years. We have declined so much and unnecessarily so. I find it odd that people are willing to let people responsible for that sort of decline continue on.

We've made it official to the champions league qualifier, now hopefully we'll make the group stage.

Were they really impersonating the eye of Sauron on the pitch?

Bmqe6hQCQAEmVE9.jpg

Hixx

hahahhahahahahaha truth bombs hurt u much?? those tears, that reaction haha hilarious
ps. i would insult ur club but i dont even know who the loser in ur avatar is. must be some irrelevant small club haha stay mad

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

The amount of shitposting in this thread is reaching unpalatable levels.

hahahhahahahahaha truth bombs hurt u much?? those tears, that reaction haha hilarious
ps. i would insult ur club but i dont even know who the loser in ur avatar is. must be some irrelevant small club haha stay mad

I don't even know how to respond to the stupidity of this post. Just terrible. What is your goal, just to shit up the thread as much as possible?

Feorax

Mail says Micah Richards is a serious summer target.

Good. Means we don't have to spunk money pointlessly on a backup CB, and means we have RB covered in case Johnson tries to pull the same shit Reina did last year.

Edit: Hategames pretty much proving Yurt's point. This place really is turning into RAWK/Redcafe/Bluemoon/Shed End at times(delete as appropriate).

Fuck, I can't sleep with all the Ukraine stuff. Fucking Putin cunt, what a piece of shit he is..
Russia is going to get booed to pieces in Brazil.
Today's clash was btw. also between Odessa and Kharkov fans / hools.

Also I alsoalmost said cunt today when talking to a female American colleague on the phone. Bet it could have gotten me fired..
Looks like I need to go into a hiatus again
...but only after the humiliate Pep's hemorrhoids of a team :D

L1NETT

Wooden noooooooo. Possible request? The twitter mob might know. Edit: Seems they do. Have a nice break Wooden

We need a team meeting

Summat has to be done, we can't have a WC year where there is nobody about

Yen

Mail says Micah Richards is a serious summer target.

Good. Means we don't have to spunk money pointlessly on a backup CB, and means we have RB covered in case Johnson tries to pull the same shit Reina did last year.

Edit: Hategames pretty much proving Yurt's point. This place really is turning into RAWK/Redcafe/Bluemoon/Shed End at times(delete as appropriate).

Think we're linked with Ben Arfa (in the Mail?) as well for £6m. Probably just the usual window stuff, but I wouldn't be pleased.

We really have to improve on last year's window. Mign has been an upgrade on Reina, Sakho is raw and not necessarily a big upgrade on Agger but could become brilliant, Toure gave some experience and the less said about Aspas and Alberto the better. I suppose the fact that the 5 or so big names we missed out on turned to be good-to-fantastic would hopefully mean our scouting team is in good shape and with CL football hopefully we get our first choice targets. And if we win the damn thing it'd definitely be an easier window (though I no longer think this is likely).

arsenal won't even end in fourth place next season.
Yep.

Avaya is right. Not enough ambition at the club. It's quite sad, really.

Liverpool - can do much better than Richards I would have thought. Although if Rodgers can touch him and get him back to where he was 2/3 years ago maybe there is hope for him yet.

Clegg

If our transfer window is half as good as it needs to be, and our new manager possesses the stringent intellect we need him to, Giggs won't be swimming in first-team opportunities.
The noise coming from United suggests we're going to have a good summer.

But we've heard that one before.

Fuck, I can't sleep with all the Ukraine stuff. Fucking Putin cunt, what a piece of shit he is..
Russia is going to get booed to pieces in Brazil.
Today's clash was btw. also between Odessa and Kharkov fans / hools.

Damn, Putin must be pretty strong if he can throw all those Molotov's all the way from the Kremlin.

Jarnet87

Everyone says van Gaal likes to have at least one coach of the current staff who knows the team, so if he doesn't want it to be Giggs then I wonder who.

Everyone says van Gaal likes to have at least one coach of the current staff who knows the team, so if he doesn't want it to be Giggs then I wonder who.
He said that himself.

Nicky Butt perhaps, he has worked with the youth teams so he will know the academy players best. Some people are suggesting he should bring Meulensteen back. Rene was very popular with the players but he's been such a twat this year I dunno how I feel about it.

Is van gaal done yet?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom