• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

The amount of shitposting in this thread is reaching unpalatable levels.
unpalatable, nice word
sooo uh wilbur

since we pledged ourselves to wooden

do we request bans y/n

i think u should yes

Zabojnik

I'm at the point where I'm considering buying the PS4 just so I could play Dark Souls 2 PC with the DS4. The console itself would be a nice bonus.

FootballFan

avaya, I think more people would take you seriously about drug abuse in Football if it wasn't the only thing you posted about.

I'd genuinely like to hear your thoughts about Arsenal in general, our season & possible summer business.

Yep, that's how I feel too.

It is pretty much

"DRUGSZZ!!!

*quote from Beckenbauer from 1870 about drug abuse*

*more drugz*"

I get it avaya, everybody dopes, what next? lol

Barzul

The depth thing seems pretty cool, but the colour seems really saturated. I like the camera, but I don't take loads of pictures so it was too much of an issue for me. Have you considered the Z2? I really dislike the S5 :/

Can't really wait for the Z2. I have no idea when it's gonna show up in the US.

Carbonox

episode 9 of arrow down

thea (sp?) in a bra

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

more deathstroke

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

dat merlin revelation

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

dat arrow v arrow fight

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

so glad i finally got in to this show
ibps46JEw9RBhI.png

Clegg

I honestly can't believe how good Manu Bennett is as Slade. He owns the character every bit as much as Hardy did with Bane.

FootballFan

wtf spoilers carbo

just kidding bro.

Going to start watching Arrow soon. Dat Manu Bennett. Dat Crixus. etc

I see Clegg is a fan too.

Carbonox

I honestly can't believe how good Manu Bennett is as Slade. He owns the character every bit as much as Hardy did with Bane.

I look forward to seeing him properly in action. What we see in the first 8 or so episodes is nawt and has me salivating for more. I'm aware he becomes a lot more prevalent in the show so I can't wait.

Clegg

I look forward to seeing him properly in action. What we see in the first 8 or so episodes is nawt and has me salivating for more. I'm aware he becomes a lot more prevalent in the show so I can't wait.
Episodes 18 and 19 cement Slade's status as The Boss.

wedward

The actual quotes from Wenger are not what this sensationalist headline would suggest.

So, what we expected.

I'm not worried. Wenger knows he has 2 more years to win and then its over for him.

He'll spend.

Imagine how badly he wants to win a CL. I don't think we will win one within the next 2 years, but I think he needs to really go for it.

Salvadora

I'm not sure why you would need to protect us. There are lots of competing clubs every transfer window, this isn't our first time at the races, and Arsenal fans are particularly accustomed to Arsene's ways.

Please, that just dumb and you know it. You must feel pretty edgy with that opinion in Canada (and considering Canada is a huge Ukrainian diaspora country).
With what opinion exactly? That Putin wasn't the one who set fire to a building and let dozens of people burn to death? Edgy indeed.

Ukraine is tearing itself apart in two. And the west is doing nothing to stop it and instead keeps pointing fingers at Russia. Well they're publicly supporting supporting the government who keeps exacerbating the situation at every step and driving Ukraine farther down into this hellhole.

And don't try to pidgeonhole me into some opinion about Ukraine that fits your narrative. I'm a quarter Ukrainian and I have family in Odessa fyi. I'm not interested in a civil war.

Abraxas

I'm not sure why you would need to protect us. There are lots of competing clubs every transfer window, this isn't our first time at the races, and Arsenal fans are particularly accustomed to Arsene's ways.

Arsenal is responsible for my life outlook. A human mind can only comprehend so many ups and downs.

wedward

He might face the situation where he might not be able to sign someone great and where prices (for talented/great players) have risen so much he might refrain bidding for them.

Of course you could argue that he'll spend a shit ton of money because he only has a few years left, but would he really spend too much money on players, e.g. 40m on Draxler, just because of that?

I didn't say he would spend tons of money. I said he would spend. I think he will get the players we need.

it didn't really work out,

wat? You can say it didn't work out after he leaves, but until then how do you know?

Lightning

Banned
That's one high prospect and it didn't really work out, given Özil dropped off in the second half (for whatever reason).

Look, I'm just trying to protect Arsenal fans from getting too excited. They might sign good players, but there's a lot of competing clubs this transfer period.

Then again, maybe Arsenal doesn't need huge signings, maybe several smaller ones would be sufficient.
You're being a bit harsh on Ozil. His 'drop' off wasn't really his fault and coincided with Walcott's and Ramsey's injuries. The 2 players who run in behind and link up with him.

Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosciky are ball players which doesn't suit Ozil's game as they do not run onto the ball or into holes, they're different type of players. Ozil has been outstanding since his return from injury and no surprise it's coincided with Ramsey's return. It's the way the others play which is the issue, hopefully wenger buys another runner in the summer to lend a hand.

And Giroud's an awkward player. Doesn't suit a player like Mesut.

Even Cesc would have a hard time with our current players who had Nasri, Walcott, RVP and Adebayour who all have good movement.

I'm not worried about the window. Whatever happens happens. Just feel Ozil gets way more criticism than he deserves.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
I posted earlier about Carlos Vela. Arsenal should definitely grab him back for that price. Vela just recently said that its always a possibility since of that clause. I don't see why Arsenal wouldn't want him back. He showed al ot of promise during the small stint he was in Arsenal and he's lightning quick and he also has double digits in goals and assists which is a feature only a handful of players in the Spanish league have accomplished.

Vela operates as a wide forward. The question is whether you can fit him in. Currently Podolski, Theo, Da Ox, Cazorla, Ozil, Gnabry play in the attacking positions. Vela being added gives you even more depth, but gives you a selection headache should they all be healthy.

Ozil is going to play no matter what.
Gnabry is still young so he'll only be worked in little by little.
Cazorla will play most games, but will see his minutes dwindle as he is already 29.
Theo will most likely start, but he's injured a lot.
Podolski is going to turn 29 in the summer.
Da Ox will probably get a good amount of minutes.

I personally would buy back Vela, but it will be a tough job for anyone to keep them happy.

Carbonox

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

episode 13

the
slade
revelation

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

fucking grin on my face you cunt

god bless moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom