• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching this Giggs interview is grinding me, he keeps referring to last weeks great performance, it wasnt great, it was terrible for 45 minutes then we got a lucky penalty and a second wonder goal. There is no point being "good" when you luck a goal and go ahead, we were as impotent in the first half against Norwich than we were this 90 minutes. He keeps talking about quality in the dressing room but after an entire season of this quality fucking around and fucking up you cant come round and say the team can do the business, it cant.

Moyes in

faridmon

ok calm down, wank stain. Just because we have differing opinions doesn't mean I'm emo.

I don't mind opinions on music, you might criticise a band/artists for their style, vocals, instruments, whatever

What I can't see an appropriate answer is ''overrated'' what the fuck does that suppose to mean?

Differentiate between not accepting differing opinions and calling some one out on total bullshit before calling someone a wankstain, because not knowing that makes you.

Wow you are real salty that someone disagrees with your taste.

Plenty have disagreed with my taste which I have endorsed they criticism.

''Overrated'' is one of they few things I haven't

EDIT: I may have gone far, so sorry Shortmy, but I wish people would lay out a better grounded criticism than simply stating something ''overrated''

Linius

p0L2Igg.gif

Let me just post this shitty gif of a cute cat to calm everyone down.

shortyme

I don't mind opinions on music, you might criticise a band/artists for their style, vocals, instruments, whatever

What I can't see an appropriate answer is ''overrated'' what the fuck does that suppose to mean?

Differentiate between not accepting differing opinions and calling some one out on total bullshit before calling someone a wankstain, because not knowing that makes you.

Well, I personally think they're not that great. They have a few songs I really, really like but after listening to their entire collection of crap many, many times, I can safely say, I don't think they're as good as everyone says they are, thus them being overrated. I'd even go as far as saying the majority of their fans are emo fuck twats. This opinion has been formed over the last two decades of dealing with wank stains like yourself praising them as the second coming of christ.

faridmon

Well, I personally think they're not that great. They have a few songs I really, really like but after listening to their entire collection of crap many, many times, I can safely say, I don't think they're as good as everyone says they are, thus them being overrated. I'd even go as far as saying the majority of their fans are emo fuck twats. This opinion has been formed over the last two decades of dealing with wank stains like yourself praising them as the second coming of christ.

If you don't like them, that that is fair, you should have said that.

Overrated? Please, bunch of lads who never played music before, learning while making their first album is pretty big. Back then bands used to think they were the shit, playing some convoluted crap just because they were artistically ''knowledgeable''

Joy Division laid out the fundamentals of Independently making and releasing music even if you weren't a music maker. They were shit, sure, many thinks so. But simple riffs which can be layered into a very able, danceable music with little to no knowledge of music seems to be a big deal. Not to mention, they have created a whole genre by themselves that focuses on base and hallow drum, with morbid and politically fuelled lyrics.

They were funky without the funk, they were punk without the mindless shouting and rebel. They were Rock 'n Roll without the ''cool'' mentality. they were pop, without the mainstream help of radio and press. They were incredible without any production or engineering. They were artists without being artists.

You don't like their music, that is fair, many don't like them. Infact, I'll go as far and say they might be trash at playing ''music'' itself. But overrated because many people think so? GTFO with that bullshit, because, not only were they that important, but they were genuinely liked by many people for very genuinely reasons, and yes, they are fucking second coming of christ in music industry whether you like it or not.

FootballFan

Don't listen to them Farid. You are the best.

<3

Everton, I love you, I say. Everton!
We are good and fun, because of Moyes
They said, until we collapse under a a ton
of pressure, because of no other than Moyes

I then get depressed, I watch Hamburg and Son
then I hope, just to be downed by Moyes
Then I keep watching Inui and Bender(s), Everton?
Nope, still shit. Fuck it, I am watching Reus

faridmon

Sorry to go all prick on you guys, especially Shorty, but the word ''overrated'' make me mad as hell.

That is why I hate the gaming site in general; COD is overrated man....

I wish that word dies!

EDIT: Thanks FF, You just pulled out one decent thing I have contributed in this thread for the 5+ years here!

Lightning

Banned
Everton's collapse has taken the sting out of my excitement for our upcoming games. Now I just want maximum points and beat Hull for the FA cup.

Lightning

Banned
Us collapsing maybe your downfall. Taking things off the foot of the gas, etc...
I'm worried that may happen and if it does it will send our fans into the summer in a very foul mood. Won't be a very peaceful summer for Arsene should we lose to Hull.

Them losing has cost us the chance to celebrate like we just won the league for clinching 4th.

Curse them
Last season was worth the celebration just for the fact we shitted on Spurs fans. Did you see the dejected faces of the Spurs players last season? Priceless that.

wedward

Blonde on Blonde is Dylan's best.

First Arctic Monkeys is best.

In Rainbows is my favorite.

Wonderwall is great and Oasis are ok. I feel like Oasis are one of those bands that everyone likes but isn't anyone's favorite.

faridmon

Arcade Fire is one of them bands that I can fully understand why they are so popular and so likeable. They seem to be one of the few bands that can tread between mainstream and indie mentalities so carefully, can produce a very well produce and engineered catchy pop music with some depth to them.

Blablurn

People call me bandwagoner in the NBA thread. I mean it's true I doubt they understand my reasons. NBA is my secondary sport and I don't see it as serious with teams as in football lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom