• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I'm not a fan of the league bring decided by goal difference. That's a kick in the nuts.

Liverpool and City should have a Wembley match to decide the title if points are the same. I know can't happen but that rule should change.

It's particularly bad because we've actually scored the same amount of goals.

To be honest though, I've come to terms with it. Beat Palace tomorrow, and walk over Newcastle on the last day to secure 2nd, level on points with the winners. Not a bad way to end the season.

No doubt City will leave it late to score their final day winner though, just to fuck with me.

subtles

It's particularly bad because we've actually scored the same amount of goals.

To be honest though, I've come to terms with it. Beat Palace tomorrow, and walk over Newcastle on the last day to secure 2nd, level on points with the winners. Not a bad way to end the season.

No doubt City will leave it late to score their final day winner though, just to fuck with me.
I really do hope we break the goal scoring record.

Feorax

Telegraph saying Mou wants rid of Schurrle as well.

Did he use a traditional number 10 when he was at Chelsea the first time?

Blablurn

a2NAye9_460sa.gif

GorillaJu

Based on the Man Utd v Sunderland game I have strong suspicions that they'll have 2 or 3 seasons in the wilderness like we did. Got the feeling watching it that it'll be no easy task to turn that team around. You can't doubt the quality of the players or their desire to play well, they just look like they're on tilt.

Feorax

Nah he bascially played Lampard in the hole IIRC

Makes sense. Bin the number 10's, get 3 midfielders in a line and use inverted wingers with one up top.

Willian, Salah, Atsu and another winger (Hazard if he stays), Costa and Lukaku to alternate up top, and a fuckload of CM's bought in the summer.

"Adnan is a very young player with a lot of ability but, just as importantly, a really strong heart. With those assets, I think he has a bright future."

-Shinji

iq28brShTjq2V.gif

Forlan is starting to do well for Cerezo after a slow start. Disappointed in Kakitani however. He hasn't been as clinical as last season. Looks like Osako from 1860 Munich will be Japan's starting striker.

LTWheels

The Premier League is facing the possibility of a legal battle with three of their own clubs after it emerged that Cardiff City, Norwich City and Fulham have joined forces and instructed lawyers to fight the controversial decision not to dock Sunderland points for fielding an ineligible player.

The Observer can reveal that the first steps have been taken by a self-appointed "Gang of Three" to initiate proceedings about the way Sunderland were let off with a six-figure fine despite fielding Ji Dong-won in four league games, spread over seven weeks, earlier this season. Norwich and Cardiff have enlisted Fulham's support to challenge the league, and a legal letter has been sent on behalf of the three clubs arguing that the offence was serious enough to merit a points deduction.

Getting desperate down the bottom.

Makes sense. Bin the number 10's, get 3 midfielders in a line and use inverted wingers with one up top.

Willian, Salah, Atsu and another winger (Hazard if he stays), Costa and Lukaku to alternate up top, and a fuckload of CM's bought in the summer.
I think he played a diamond formation in his first season, with Robben and Duff on the wings, Makelele shielding the defence, and Drogba and another partner up front.

bud

Based on the Man Utd v Sunderland game I have strong suspicions that they'll have 2 or 3 seasons in the wilderness like we did. Got the feeling watching it that it'll be no easy task to turn that team around. You can't doubt the quality of the players or their desire to play well, they just look like they're on tilt.

van gaal is actually a competent manager, though, unlike dalglish and hodgson.

Labadal

Didn't see the banana incident with Dani Alves until now. How he handled it was chill as fuck. That these things still happen in this day and age is shameful.

I see, so Villa and West Ham are now our only hope as far as PL goes :(

I5Q35lu.jpg

So Friedrich will leave and not sign a new contract after all. Guess Ginter come this summer after all. 4 strong CBs is kind of wild for us though.
Wonder what happens to Aubameyang. With Kuba coming back soon and a potential Shinji prisonbreak attempt Zorc / Klopp might think it'd be a good idea to sell him. That'd be sad though as I feel like he could become really good winger if he put in the effort, but he probably feels like he could already be a very good striker at certain teams / in certain systems so he might want to leave too.

//
van gaal is actually a competent manager, though, unlike dalglish and hodgson.
Yeah and they'll have a monstrous amount to invest too.

So Friedrich will leave and not sign a new contract after all. Guess Ginter come this summer after all. 4 strong CBs is kind of wild for us though.
Wonder what happens to Aubameyang. With Kuba coming back soon and a potential Shinji prisonbreak attempt Zorc / Klopp might think it'd be a good idea to sell him. That'd be sad though as I feel like he could become really good winger if he put in the effort, but he probably feels like he could already be a very good striker at certain teams / in certain systems so he might want to leave too.

Well, Ginter can also fill DM when everyone's injured again. I don't see that as that wild, even more so considering Subotic won't have played for 9 months or something at the start of next season.

Kagawa is not happening this summer and Aubameyang will stay, why would we let him leave? He's has a pretty good scoring record considering he's playing like shite most of the time. We'll give him at least one more season to improve. If Hofmann gets a loan, it's Großkreutz, Reus, Micky, Kuba, Auba and Jojic/Ji (lol) for the attacking three. Not too much.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rose was so fucking bad yesterday, his terrible play led to the red card and the free kick for the second goal. AVB was absolutely off his tits thinking we could go a whole season with just him at LB, loaning Assou-Ekotto out has contributed hugely to our embarrassing season. He's no world beater but he has technique and guile, Rose can't even cross a ball.

We have got to buy a quality left back this summer.

Well, Ginter can also fill DM when everyone's injured again. I don't see that as that wild, even more so considering Subotic won't have played for 9 months or something at the start of next season.

Kagawa is not happening this summer and Aubameyang will stay, why would we let him leave? He's has a pretty good scoring record considering he's playing like shite most of the time. We'll give him at least one more season to improve. If Hofmann gets a loan, it's Großkreutz, Reus, Micky, Kuba, Auba and Jojic/Ji (lol) for the attacking three. Not too much.

Yeah, but assume everyone is back to normal and not injured, then we'd have 4 CBs and 8 DMs (assuming Kirch will extend) in: Gündogan, Sahin, Jojic, Kehl, Bender, Kirch. I'm just saying...it's quite the luxury for us o_O

Sure, I hope it ends up like this, but dunno if we get in a good offer for Auba and can potentially add someone like Kagawa to the squad then I feel like Klopp might decide to let him go notwithstanding his scorer points. I do believe in Auba though AND Ji! Ji will soon be the next Lewandowski, sry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom