• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

People call me bandwagoner in the NBA thread. I mean it's true I doubt they understand my reasons. NBA is my secondary sport and I don't see it as serious with teams as in football lol.

You should become the NBA-GAF suen, start supporting another team. Their minds will be blown.

Pick Lakers.

King_Moc

Banned
Reckoner is absolutely stunning.

People that say Radiohead is depressing I just don't understand, Reckoner is pure beauty. Listening to it live while thinking about my girlfriend was one of the most powerful experiences of my life.

I've never felt so alive.

not since we won the Intertoto cup

Just caught up on the thread, so I'm a bit late to this one but I had to comment on this post. I've loved Radiohead since I first heard them when I was about 15. I've been told it's depressing, morose, etc. You're exactly right though. It's people confusing the sound of pure beauty with depression. To me, a song like 'Exit Music' makes my hair stand on end and my heart race. It's the exact opposite of depressing. And yeah, Reckoner is a stunning song. The sound of one of the best bands ever assembled at the absolute height of its powers.

It's similar to what people told me about Sigur Ros. They were wrong then too. You just learn to ignore them.

I think the most overrated band to enter 'best band ever' talks is Arcade Fire.

They're good, but I can't see anything amazing about them.

Arcade Fires first album really is incredible. They came out of absolutely nowhere and the damn thing hits with the weight of a lead brick to the heart. There's better bands overall out there, but no one in my lifetime has ever debuted like they did. Maybe The Stone Roses, but it's pretty fucking close. Everything since hasn't been on the same level (third album in particular) but they're still far better than 95% of bands out there.

As for what I saw about Joy Division earlier... I fucking love that band. I'm a bass player because of Peter Hook. He taught me that I didn't need Led Zeppelin style skills to perform songs. That a strong melody and rhythm were all that was required. They pretty much invented post-punk, which I think is one of the best genres in music.

People call me bandwagoner in the NBA thread. I mean it's true I doubt they understand my reasons. NBA is my secondary sport and I don't see it as serious with teams as in football lol.

I'm fine with bandwagoners as long as they stay with the team from that point on no matter what. Especially if you're foreign.

People calling you out are angry because the Heat and Clippers have only been good the last few years. It's hard to blend in with fans that have been there forever because there have never been that many compared to fans from other teams. Clippers especially have always been shit and most of their fans are only fans because they are hipsters. If you ask them why they are fans, and they will most likely say because they don't like the Lakers and their popularity.

NBA gaf is a lot like Football gaf and they know which posters are new immediately.

Meier

Pretty good turn out for the game today by the supporter's club here in Austin today. I'm actually posting on GAF in the bottom shot, lol.

10249088_697103910347266_804741449_n.jpg

This was me when Sergio got injured.. and then for like every minute thereafter frankly.

10245972_1480074272210620_650218850_n.jpg

Blablurn

I'm fine with bandwagoners as long as they stay with the team from that point on no matter what. Especially if you're foreign.

People calling you out are angry because the Heat and Clippers have only been good the last few years. It's hard to blend in with fans that have been there forever because there have never been that many compared to fans from other teams. Clippers especially have always been shit and most of their fans are only fans because they are hipsters. If you ask them why they are fans, and they will most likely say because they don't like the Lakers and their popularity.

NBA gaf is a lot like Football gaf and they know which posters are new immediately.

I guess you're right. I ignore it anyway. Not taking it so serious with them. NBA GAF is mostly gone anyway. They send me links to their new board but I dont have the time for another community.

I guess you're right. I ignore it anyway. Not taking it so serious with them. NBA GAF is mostly gone anyway. They send me links to their new board but I dont have the time for another community.

If you keep posting, they'll stop teasing you.

NBA gaf is home to a poster that is a fan of the Lakers and Celtics. He still gets called out on it, but only occasionally.

“I love Man United,” he revealed. “I learned a lot there and they make me improve, and give me something to come here and play for Juventus.

“I thank Man United every day because I learned there, training with big players, which gave me experience to come here and get used to playing alongside big players like [Andrea] Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, [Claudio] Marchisio and [Gianluigi] Buffon.”

The BBC left that bit out of the Pogba interview.

iAmGZ5Og7yHbQ.gif

First person to quote this, who doesn't support City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Madrid,Bayern or Barca (with special exceptions) gets a Club Nintendo code from a game

Second person gets one from another game, which I'll give you tomorrow

FootballFan

First person to quote this, who doesn't support City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Madrid,Bayern or Barca (with special exceptions) gets a Club Nintendo code from a game

Second person gets one from another game, which I'll give you tomorrow

I have like 8 unused codes. I don't want anymore

Lightning

Banned
I'm not a fan of the league bring decided by goal difference. That's a kick in the nuts.

Liverpool and City should have a Wembley match to decide the title if points are the same. I know can't happen but that rule should change.

GorillaJu

I think it looks boring. People love to hype those PSN/XBoxLive games but I don't think it looks very special.

I'm not sure about it, mostly because of the Ubisoft name attached. It's almost a rule for me that I don't like Ubisoft games. Very few feel satisfying and fun to play. But it's still tempting me.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm not sure about it, mostly because of the Ubisoft name attached. It's almost a rule for me that I don't like Ubisoft games. Very few feel satisfying and fun to play. But it's still tempting me.

I only feel that way about their big budget games.

I'm not interested in Child of Light because of the turn based battles. Not my thing.

Salazar

BBC Radio Manchester ‏@bbcradiomanc 42s
This morning Eamonn and Jimmy are looking for #FootballerSongs. Your starter for ten is "Simply the (George) Best". #ThinkingCapsOn

As a medium of entertainment, radio plumbs some serious fucking depths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom