• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot

The Premier League should randomise all EPL fixtures except the last three games of the season, in which the previous season's top four all have to play each other.

Discuss. I'm going for a shit.

LegoArmo

My Liverpool supporting mate was telling me all season "it doesn't matter if we concede 3 when we're scoring 5". I wonder if he still thinks that.

Defending is important. I really like a clean sheet, a big victory always feels tainted when the other team scores late on. Seems less dominant.

Timbuktu

My Liverpool supporting mate was telling me all season "it doesn't matter if we concede 3 when we're scoring 5". I wonder if he still thinks that.

Defending is important. I really like a clean sheet, a big victory always feels tainted when the other team scores late on. Seems less dominant.

To be fair, I'd think for most of the season your liverpool supporting friend would not have though his team would be in this position to challenge for the title. The team's weakness is pretty obvious, but i'd rather watch 3-2 games than draw 0-0. And on the other hand you can say that Man City should have ran away with it a long time ago and it should be down to goal difference. Even if they win it, i'd feel they have underperformed.

GorillaJu

Why does it seem like every song these days has some token WUB WUB WUB breakdown for the bridge? It's so forced and out of place in 99% of what I've heard.

sqQ8PhU.jpg

bud23

The real game today is Levante - Atletico!

definitely, i think atletico have a good chance of dropping points today.

fake edit: just realized that Barcelona host Atletico on the final day of the season. well,we had a good run. congrats atleti.

pulga

Banned
Atletico ain't dropping shit, and even if they did, Barca is a husk of a team. Back to irrelevancy they go.

Clegg

Afaik Atletico don't even need to beat Barca on the last day of the season.

Win their next two games and they're champions by dent of having a better head to head record against Real.

Wes

venison crêpe
Garry Monk staying Swansea's permanent manager? Hmmm. 4 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses.

Well best of luck to him. He's got a few nice players to build around at least.

Gambit

Has anyone here played Child of Light? Considering buying it, not sure though.

It's good, but not great. At least that's my first verdict after 4 chapters. It looks wonderful, has a great soundtrack and atmosphere, but something's still lacking. I feel like I should enjoy it more than I do.

It's like the game is trying to hard.

Elchele

iq28brShTjq2V.gif

Forlan is starting to do well for Cerezo after a slow start. Disappointed in Kakitani however. He hasn't been as clinical as last season. Looks like Osako from 1860 Munich will be Japan's starting striker.

what? Do they realize Okazaki is beasting in the Bundesliga?

what? Do they realize Okazaki is beasting in the Bundesliga?

He starts on the right wing. Besides, Osako is the better all around player.

Okazaki is like Japan's Chicharito. He's shit all around, but scores a lot of goals. I don't know how he does it. :lol

Osako
Kagawa Honda Okazaki

pulga

Banned
Afaik Atletico don't even need to beat Barca on the last day of the season.

Win their next two games and they're champions by dent of having a better head to head record against Real.

You seriously think we don't know this? lol

It was "nice" to see what happened in Rome yesterday evening. When I bought the group stage tickets for the CL last fall I had to sign twenty different documents and if I made I mistake I could face a fine up to 5000 euros and a year in jail. Seems about right to see people that could throw anything they wanted, get past the fences and threat players all around.

God forbid if I might want to go see a Milan match with people who don't support Milan and don't own a "Supporter Card". All this crap really makes me want to stay at home and watch every game from there.

--

Anyway, derby today:

iN2kpGvlXAuya.png

It's time for us to win one of these games. Ffs, it's been 3 years since our last won.

sohois

So do we have Ibe and Wisdom back with the squad now the championship is over?

Presumably since Derby are in the playoffs Wisdom will remain with them, but Ibe and Robinson should both return

Garry Monk staying Swansea's permanent manager? Hmmm. 4 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses.

Well best of luck to him. He's got a few nice players to build around at least.

Monk reminds of Pochettino last season, he has the right style and ideas but has just been hit with some shit luck and the reality of having a fairly mediocre squad. I think he should be given a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom