• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at the boos.

The performance was poor... I cant say it was unfair.

Lose to Sunderland, at home

Beat Liverpool and break their streak, away

Draw with Norwich

If you want to talk about frustrated fans, Chelski fans should be at the top or near it.

Frustrated because its of our owning doing, didnt sign the striker we needed or the midfielder until January (Matic) and you have a match like this today we should be winning and the players didnt put the effort in. I dont blame Jose for not starting Hazard, he came from an injury and played 90 minutes when to be honest he wouldnt have done under other circumstances, its just poor. Need to clear out the deadwood in the summer

kmax

This is so unpredictable.

* Real has worse H2H against both Barca and Atletico, meaning that if they end on the same point as either of both teams, they're at a disadvantage.

* Real has 4 games left to play. They can get a total of 94 points.

* If Atletico wins their two remaining games, they'll end with 94 points as well and win the league.

* If Barca wins both their remaining games, they'd help Real Madrid to win the league if Real wins all their remaining games.

Feorax

Just hope we can get a win tomorrow and take it to the wire (and guarantee second place).

It's a bit shit when everything is decided before the final day, and it looks like top 4 and relegation candidates are already done.

pulga

Banned
1399219819_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

filthy fucking cunt

faridmon

I've never been there personally but a friend of mine is always complaining about living in Brum.

Mostly I just hate the stupid local team or tourist chants that away fans like so much. I met a lady from Kenya before the game over drinks who is as much a fan of Arsenal as anyone and for some idiots to say they are more of a fan just because they live close to their e stadium is just nonsense.

I agree wholeheartedly. There are some people who talk themselves up by being better fans and whatnot than another team just to distract the fact that their team is shit. It also annoys the hell out of me as well.

In regards to Brum, we all like to complain about it. Its pretty boring and can be shitty at times, but it certainly the better ones as far as shithole goes :p

justjohn

Funny thing is almost all chelsea fans expected this. I wasn't surprised when we beat liverpool and I'm not surprised we've dropped points to a team a shit united beat 4-0 last week. Oh well.

faridmon

Lose to Sunderland, at home

Beat Liverpool and break their streak, away

Draw with Norwich

If you want to talk about frustrated fans, Chelski fans should be at the top or near it.

Everton likewise

Beat Arsenal comfortably. Give them the 4th place in a plate!

Dark Rider

Has La liga ever been this close from start to finish?

...has any top league been? This is insane. It's going down right to the wire.

season 2006-2007 where Real Madrid - Barcelona - Sevilla were tied on points untill the very last match

feel

That Levante player being interviewed dodged the dumbass Real Madrid bags of money hint by the interviewer like a fucking BOSS.

DominoKid

And since they'll playing at the same time Barca can't know what's happening in the Madrid game. So yeah, no way they're gonna throw if we go in trailing three points. And having another club winning the league at your stadium is also pretty nasty. Don't know what I'd hate more. Seeing Real win it or seeing Atletico celebrating at Camp Nou. It's equally disgusting.

seems like a pretty easy choice to me.

bud23

no one is out of the race..... don't understand why people think Barcelona is just going to throw the last match that's stupid

you did forget to put in the Valladolid-Madrid match winner.... Madrid have played one less game.

Exactly, if they win their two remaining matches, they are, at least, the runner up for sure. That means they are exempt from the CL first qualifying round, ie more vacation days. Egoistic reasons. Intentionally losing the game would be just plain stupid.

GQman2121

Banned
Could have done with Lukaku today. Played decent against City yesterday and would be interesting to see his strength against a side we had 88% possession against in the second half.

Linius

Exactly, if they win their two remaining matches, they are, at least, the runner up for sure. That means they are exempt from the CL first qualifying round, ie more vacation days. Egoistic reasons. Intentionally losing the game would be just plain stupid.

I didn't even think about that.

Razor554

If we're still three points behind both Madrids I can't see them not try to win. It would make no sense. In football anything can happen, so a Madrid loss on the final matchday is not impossible.

Yeah i would like nothing more than repeat of the 91-92 Season. Real Madrid was going to win the title... but last match day and dat Tenerife.

Asspanyol is no Tenerife tho.

Clegg

Rafa Benitez's goals-per-game record in the PL with Chelsea last season: 1.96.

Mourinho this season: 1.86.

Oh my.
I admire Mourinho as a coach. He's a serial winner and I have no doubt that we'd be competing for top 4 right now if he were our manager. But he really is a bit negative isn't he? He had no real reason to be either. I've seen teams of his rip others to shreds in the past.

Could have done with Lukaku today. Played decent against City yesterday and would be interesting to see his strength against a side we had 88% possession against in the second half.

This is why it would be a stupid decision to sell him. Costa, Lukaku and Drogba (out of contract, family still live where he lived when he was at Chelsea afaik and Jose wants him on the coaching team).

3 strikers at hugely different places in their careers, Drogba can help Lukaku and provide some cameos, Diego Costa as the main man.

I admire Mourinho as a coach. He's a serial winner and I have no doubt that we'd be competing for top 4 right now if he were our manager. But he really is a bit negative isn't he? He had no real reason to be either. I've seen teams of his rip others to shreds in the past.

We became more negative after we shipped 6 goals against Stoke and Sunderland in 2 games in December... I think we will be better next season, once we have different strikers and someone to play with Matic

Scum

Huh? I thought it was the same as the EPL? First three into group stage and the fourth placed team into 3rd (or is it 4th) round qualifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom