• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

As much fun as Persona 4 Golden is, I wish there was more dungeon roaming (or more dungeons in general). It's like there's fifty social events and dialogues for every time you visit the dungeons.

persona is slaying me. I've bought it on Thursday and played it nearly nonstop until now.

But I have to admit the dungeon roaming part is the most boring part of the game. I don't know why but I'm just not enjoying the rpg elements in this game that much. It's serviceable but nothing special.

spidye

I don't think the RPG elements are anything special either, but I've spent a significant amount of hours ever since I bought it on Wednesday and after a while I just want a break from all those social events, especially because I get the impression that whatever I do is (kinda) irrelevant anyway.

you're probably right. all those events just give you the illusion of choice and freedom and as you said the dungeon roaming is just secondary to the social activities.

in fact persona 4 is a japanese school/mystery anime simulator with very little rpg elements thrown in between as a little break from hours and hours of dialog and story

I have to say I'm loving it.

bud23

Shitty game. overconfidence is a fucking weakness, ancelotti, you should have known better.

We have a lot of problems playing against well-organized high-quality teams, too many problems. Some players just don´t know how to read the game when the script changes, and they are not able to go on the counterattack, especially benzema, MIA, who revealed himself as the mediocre player he is. He´s just not smart enough to realize what´s going on, morata had more chances playing 15 minutes than him in the whole match. We need to get rid of him asap. Our lack of creativity in static attack was amazing, we are so fucking predictable when there are no spaces.

And Atletico have mastered that style of play. I'm not optimistic about lisboa at all.

Also GOAT.

how are we supposed to communicate then

its all we know how to do

please help me understand

We should embark on a quest to find the most ridiculous, nonsensical, non-insulting insult possible.

I mean, surely nobody would actually take offense if I called them a smelly oblong

Carbonox

finished arrow season 1

ib2kO2VRtcGoz9.gif

fucking amazing, so glad I got in to it finally.

GorillaJu

persona is slaying me. I've bought it on Thursday and played it nearly nonstop until now.

But I have to admit the dungeon roaming part is the most boring part of the game. I don't know why but I'm just not enjoying the rpg elements in this game that much. It's serviceable but nothing special.

When I play Persona I constantly go back and forth between wanting to focus on one aspect or another. The nice thing is that provided you aren't on a strict schedule to max all S Links, you can do either as much as you like, whenever you want.

I do like the combat too, though.

spidye

Makes me happy I'm no longer in school though. Your description is spot-on, but at least there's a ton of voiced dialogue and it's all written well enough to keep me playing. I mean, if it was bad I wouldn't have spent all those hours on the game. Also I just love to watch the intro on the OLED screen, looks fantastic.

I'm still hoping for a decent PSN sale, similar to the American one though, Ubisoft titles don't really do it for me and I missed the chance to buy MGS2/MGS3 HD.
if you're a child of the 90's then buy rayman on psx and rayman legends/origins. great games.
and yeah, I hope we get a similar sale too. at least our psn plus is much better.

finished arrow season 1

ib2kO2VRtcGoz9.gif

fucking amazing, so glad I got in to it finally.

oh you know nothing jon snow. just continue watching

When I play Persona I constantly go back and forth between wanting to focus on one aspect or another. The nice thing is that provided you aren't on a strict schedule to max all S Links, you can do either as much as you like, whenever you want.

I do like the combat too, though.

I hope this is not a spoiler but do I have to max all S.links if I want to get the true ending? that seems impossible

L1NETT

Carbo baby, it only gets better

Catch up, only 2 eps left in season 2.

--

WC thread wise, just post like you would on off topic/gaming side etc....

We want more people to post year round here, so going in there being all cunty wunty after dark fuckery ain't gonna help haha

Clegg

Are there going to be flags underneath the avatars again?

I can understand if there won't be as it was a pain in the arse to get it sorted for the 2010 world cup.

Not sure I'll contribute to the WC thread

Won't be able to keep up with it, and will inevitably forget that it's not this thread, and end up insulting someone by accident and getting banned :p

How many OTs did we get through for Euro 2012? Also, who's doing the OP?

Elchele

Not sure I'll contribute to the WC thread

Won't be able to keep up with it, and will inevitably forget that it's not this thread, and end up insulting someone by accident and getting banned :p

How many OTs did we get through for Euro 2012? Also, who's doing the OP?

Yeah me too. I'll just pop to post when Honduras wins the group.

GorillaJu

if you're a child of the 90's then buy rayman on psx and rayman legends/origins. great games.
and yeah, I hope we get a similar sale too. at least our psn plus is much better.

oh you know nothing jon snow. just continue watching

I hope this is not a spoiler but do I have to max all S.links if I want to get the true ending? that seems impossible

No you don't. And it's not a spoiler so don't worry.

Portugeezer

In a way, Madrid drawing gives them an even better chance of winning because in the last game of the season Barcelona will not know for sure the final points. Madrid could win their match and a Barcelona win hands them the league, or Barcelona will be top if Madrid does not win.

Madrid being Real Madrid of course.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
World Cup won't be as fun for me as the league season since I'm a mutt of many nationalities with no sense of national identity. Schadenfreude just isn't the same if you don't have a team capable of dishing it out.

Wes

venison crêpe
Story is across the papers. All released at 10:30 so probably a released story by the club with an embargo on.

"Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner will make a statement about his plans for the club next week as uncertainty grows over Paul Lambert’s position as manager.

The American billionaire is expected to announce his intentions to sell up after eight years at the helm and Lambert is offering little assurance about his own future.

It appears the fate of Lerner and Lambert at Villa are entwined but supporters must wait a few days more to discover the long-term landscape of the club. It is understood talks between former Cleveland Browns owner Lerner and associates in the United States have stalled."

LTWheels

What I like about Persona is the time management aspects. Planning your day around who to hang out with, whether to go dungeon crawling at night or study, work part-time etc. I do like a lot of management and simulation games so this appeals to me.

I also get satisfaction from the combat when you work out the correct strategy required for that particular enemy or boss. I do like that it's one of the few RPGs where status effects, buffs and debuffs actually mean something.

Carbonox

Man I really wanna play an action game with bows and arrows now (excluding any relevant AC games, the new Tomb Raider, etc.). An Arrow game in the style of Assassin's Creed would be right up my street.

Feorax

Brendan has gone mental. Looks like our plan of attack for the last couple of games is to overhaul the goal difference...

Lightning

Banned
Story is across the papers. All released at 10:30 so probably a released story by the club with an embargo on.
Sounds heavy. Feared for Lambert for a while now, he's let himself and his club down this season in my opinion.

Villa are one club that can justify sacking him. 2 crap seasons, he's had time but no signs of improvement means someone else deserves the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom