• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Real Madrid drew? LOoooooooooooooooooooool No one wants that La Liga title.
Congrats to Milan for winning the derby, always good to see them do somethng positive for once

In terms of the promoting teams that are competing in the playoffs, here is my order of preference

Brighton
Wigan
Derby

QPR (because fuck em and Harry at the same time)

Razor554

BmtdywLCUAE8HS0.jpg:large

You just know he is the GOAT when by having a shit season and not giving a fuck, still scores 40+.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sounds heavy. Feared for Lambert for a while now, he's let himself and his club down this season in my opinion.

Villa are one club that can justify sacking him. 2 crap seasons, he's had time but no signs of improvement means someone else deserves the chance.

If there's a new owner I think he's definitely gone. If Lerner says, probably 60/40 against Lambert staying too.

LegoArmo

I don't think that's fair on Lambert, injuries, and not a lot of support from an owner who clearly wants to sell up, and he's kept Villa in the league twice. It's a dangerous road sacking managers and hoping for more. You could end up with less. You could end up with Neil Lennon.

I don't think that's fair on Lambert, injuries, and not a lot of support from an owner who clearly wants to stay up, and he's kept Villa in the league twice. It's a dangerous road sacking managers and hoping for more. You could end up with less. You could end up with Neil Lennon.

You could end up with Giggs.

EmiPrime

I don't think that's fair on Lambert, injuries, and not a lot of support from an owner who clearly wants to sell up, and he's kept Villa in the league twice. It's a dangerous road sacking managers and hoping for more. You could end up with less. You could end up with Neil Lennon.

Or Giggs or Solksjaer.

I agree more often than not it's better the devil you know and you only sack the manager if you already have someone better lined up ready to take their place.

Wilbur

Banned
I like Lambert. Look where Norwich are without him. He's been a bit naive, but he hasn't been given much money and his best player is injured (as well as his back up).

He should be doing better, but I think getting rid could be a mistake.

Wes

venison crêpe
What's your opinion on Lambert's job at Villa? In favour of him going or rather he'd be given more time?

Whilst he's done well given the financial constraints, and having some rotten luck this year with injuries (our two main purchases, Okore and Kozak, played 3 and 14 games respectively before having season ending injuries), the other players have shown little signs of progression. This is a coaching issue to me.

We've shown very sporadic bits of being able to play fantastic (first half at Anfield in particular) but that has not been the norm. Our tactics have been woeful more often than not.

He has an eye for talent (Okore, Benteke, Bacuna, Westwood, Lowton) but he has missed at times too (Tonev, Helenius, Bennett).

The players seem to like playing for him though. With more money and perhaps a better staff backing him up (suspending two senior coaches is bizarre but seemingly it was necessary) maybe we'll show progress next season.

I think this is all moot though. The rumours of Lerner wanting to sell have been around since November. I think someone is buying Villa this summer and the first thing they'll do is replace Lambert. New owners will want their own guy in there.

Evra on his future: ""Ask Man United, not me. Everyone knows how much I love this club. It's difficult. The reason is an important reason."

Seems like the club is off to a good start this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Tonev is one of the worst players I've ever fucking seen. Literally, every time I've ever seen him with the ball he's hit it over the bar. Fucking useless.

Wes

venison crêpe
Tonev is one of the worst players I've ever fucking seen. Literally, every time I've ever seen him with the ball he's hit it over the bar. Fucking useless.

Yeah. Probably shouldn't have taken Stiliyan's advice on that one.

pulga

Banned
WHAT HAVE WE DONE

Bm0zwdWCEAEuLr4.png

in all honesty, getting the draw is probably for the best. keeps barca in the race, which means they're gonna give it their all vs Atletico on the last match day, potentially handing the title to us if we don't FUCKING SLIP AGAIN

Elchele

Red Bull Aston Villa

btw, last time I read about it, RB Leipzig is near (or already qualified for) promotion to the 2.Bundesliga. But they don't want to give them a license :lol

big news: DFL says RB Leipzig won't be allowed to play in the 2. Bundesliga unless they change their logo (and meet other conditions too)

Advertising isn't allowed on Bundesliga crests so DFL won't have it. German League also say RB Leipzig's board structure doesn't meet '50+1'

also DFL won't allow RB Leipzig to charge €800 a year for membership. That said, the club is allowed to appeal the decision. No comment yet

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
These are the three main rumoured buyers:

Red Bull
Larry Ellison
AEG

Red Bull being the one linked before Christmas. Ellison about two weeks ago and AEG over this weekend.
Ellison might join a group to buy the Clippers now that Sterling got perma'd from the NBA. He wanted to buy the Golden State Warriors as well a couple of years ago. Dude really wants a sports team.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ellison might join a group to buy the Clippers now that Sterling got perma'd from the NBA. He wanted to buy the Golden State Warriors as well a couple of years ago. Dude really wants a sports team.

Which seems to link with the story that Lerner's sale has potentially hit the rocks.

Randdalf

These are the three main rumoured buyers:

Red Bull
Larry Ellison
AEG

Red Bull being the one linked before Christmas. Ellison about two weeks ago and AEG over this weekend.

Ellison is worth nearly $50bn, fifth wealthiest dude in the world. It would be incredible for Villa if he did takeover, but as you say, seems unlikely with him now interested in that basketball team.

faridmon

Anyone else think that Dead Nation can be a tad bit difficult. Gotten to the hospital part and that cutter is freaking annoying. 1 hit kill!

No. I know what it is obv, but we didn't have to do it.

I heard the music today that we had to dance/skip to primary school and it took me back to the intense pressure of not being the one who fucks up the plait in front of all the parents.

Very strange tradition

FootballFan

WHAT HAVE WE DONE

Bm0zwdWCEAEuLr4.png

in all honesty, getting the draw is probably for the best. keeps barca in the race, which means they're gonna give it their all vs Atletico on the last match day, potentially handing the title to us if we don't FUCKING SLIP AGAIN

Haha great picture. It's been a fun race plug, I think you got this.

L1NETT

The PL must have some rulings to block Red Bull from taking over and stripping a club's identity

Also think Villa have too much prestige and history as a club to allow it anyway.

Red Bull Crawley is more likely

Wilbur

Banned
I remember when I was 15 in Wimbledon high street outside Morrisons once there was a bunch of little girls doing it, and my friend joined in and was skipping around at double their speed

Was jokes

late to the party.
It's like Real Madrid is cursed. Everytime Atletico and Barça implode and gives Real a shot to move on up in the standings... they blow it

Anyone else think that Dead Nation can be a tad bit difficult. Gotten to the hospital part and that cutter is freaking annoying. 1 hit kill!

I'm playing through a co-op campaign and the difficulty does ramp up. We had thought it was pretty easy but I think we just beat Edge of City and it was a lot harder than the beginning parts.

Wes

venison crêpe
The PL must have some rulings to block Red Bull from taking over and stripping a club's identity

Also think Villa have too much prestige and history as a club to allow it anyway.

Red Bull Crawley is more likely

The obvious choice for Red Bull is MK Dons. Their F1 factory is already based in the city. Dons would be happy to change their name so people stop bringing up the move. Win win for both. Although the RB people may feel like they want to start higher up the league pyramid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom