• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
This is the team that gigaflopped against Sunderland not too long ago. I certainly don't think Big Sam's Cloggers will do much, but Villa might knock them on their arses.

Sunderland are destroyers of the rich, scourges of the strong.

Villa might get a result, but I just don't think City will be complacent at this stage. They've learnt from last time they were here, I'm sure.

I'm hoping.

Please.

Abraxas

Pls feel better.

e1crc.gif

But i hope suarez dies in a fire.

Scum

#FreeYurt

Lol. I think the team will be like most Villa fans. Just giddy we are surviving for another season.

There's going to be a fair bit happening to the club next season, isn't there? Wes was saying that owner wants to sell up? :-/

Frylipe baby it was over already ok

Console yourself with that

Do we get news of Ra's Al Ghul today? I want to see Rooney squirm.

Wilbur

Banned
Come on

Suarez is awful

Do we really think he would have hand balled on the line if he was playing Sweden

#FreeYurt

There's going to be a fair bit happening to the club next season, isn't there? Wes was saying that owner wants to sell up? :-/

Do we get news of Ra's Al Ghul today? I want to see Rooney squirm.

Should be today or tomorrow

Then Thursday

"Wayne is angry and disappointed"

rodvik

#FreeYurt

Allegedly. He said he would talk about it after the season. It is either he is investing more in the club or selling. I am a bit sad about it tbh Lerner has been a respectful and decent owner.

Fry

What makes it the worse is that it was such an opportunity to win the league that came from nowhere...from a simple fourth place challenge to a title challenge, which wasnt even hard to do. We just fucked up when we most needed not to.

Now next year will be much harder and who knows wholl leave the team...

Suares pls

Vard

What makes it the worse is that it was such an opportunity to win the league that came from nowhere...from a simple fourth place challenge to a title challenge, which wasnt even hard to do. We just fucked up when we most needed not to.

Now next year will be much harder and who knows wholl leave the team...

Suares pls
Next year will be harder for everyone though. Honestly with their wages/talent City should be winning practically every single match, even when their stars are injured.

Fortunately Liverpool will also strengthen the squad over the summer.

Peco

That Suarez gif is so fucking nostalgic. That's basically what I did back in 2005: I cried like a little girl for 20 minutes. Pretty sad to be honest, LiverpoolGAF are good people.

Conte "is tired" and "he'll always be a Juve fan".

Well, we had a good run. I'm ready for Moyes.

Or Allegri.

Into

The only way to extend the cruelty for Liverpool, is for City to draw with Villa, give them some hope, and still win on goal difference

Not at any point have i been convinced by Squirtle, Agger, Johnson, Lucas etc, they have played there for years and people seem to just assume that they are good enough. Well shit, clearly they arent, not just Crystal match but entire season.

When Terry, Vidic, Rio, whoever the hell is playing for Arsenal, since its a revolving door, fuck up, the fans get at them. But these Liverpool players just get off easy, its just commonly accepted that the attack will bail them out - a terrible mindset. The stupid, idiotic "COME ON LADS!" and "We will score more than you!" puts insane pressure on far more talented players like Suarez, while jokers like Squirtle and the rest back there put in middling performances.

sohois

The only way to extend the cruelty for Liverpool, is for City to draw with Villa, give them some hope, and still win on goal difference

Not at any point have i been convinced by Squirtle, Agger, Johnson, Lucas etc, they have played there for years and people seem to just assume that they are good enough. Well shit, clearly they arent, not just Crystal match but entire season.

When Terry, Vidic, Rio, whoever the hell is playing for Arsenal, since its a revolving door, fuck up, the fans get at them. But these Liverpool players just get off easy, its just commonly accepted that the attack will bail them out - a terrible mindset. The stupid, idiotic "COME ON LADS!" and "We will score more than you!" puts insane pressure on far more talented players like Suarez, while jokers like Squirtle and the rest back there put in middling performances.

People have been laying into Johnson all season. Lucas and Agger have both lost their starting spots to other players. Skrtel I would say has been very good this season - his goalscoring has covered up somewhat for some bad performances but he has still had many excellent defensive displays.

rodvik

You guys are fucking delusional if you think Villa is getting a point or better out of Man City.

With Gabby now injured our strike force is likely to be Grant Holt. Jordan Bowery and (if you are lucky) Andreas Weimann backed up by a midfield which has some of the lowest possession stats in the league.

Feel a bit sick about the Palace result. On one side, it was one the most memorable nights as Palace supporter, a fantastic last home game in one of our best seasons ever, with an incredible atmosphere.

And on the other side it looks like that result handed the title to Manchester City, and the despicable Samir Nasri thanked our club on twitter. Which makes me feel dirty.

GorillaJu

I mean the defense has had some shocking performances but it's not down to players being bad (Skrtel for instance has been really good), it's a more all-inclusive problem with positioning, possibly believing we've already won the game and then getting caught on the back foot, etc (this has been a problem with this squad for a while, not just this year).

It seems like you're saying that having a positive attitude has worked against the team which seems just silly, because it's the positivity that got us to this point. We smashed Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and United and beat City at home, and went 12 or so games unbeaten on the back of positive attacking football. To now say that this attitude is to blame after failing to win the title, having come from mid table with a squad no one dreamed could even mount a challenge is lacking perspective.

Mourinho and Pellegrini are working with squads that cost near half a billion to put together. We'll finish ahead of the team funded by a billionaire Russian oligarch, headed by the so-called best manager in the world. We'll lose out to the billionaire Arab prince's team, who were the favorites from the start.

We were fantastic this year, and should have no regrets about our playing style, IMO.

Anyone that thinks one of the best strikers in the world should die in a fire isn't really a football fan or just a big sweaty attention seeking troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom